-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~
Started by QuantumMechanic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
No, I would'nt say that...
Anyone have any ideas...
what were the dates for 05? Was it similar to 06?
what were the dates for 05? Was it similar to 06?
Seems like decisions went out for 2005 on 1/25 and on....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like decisions went out for 2005 on 1/25 and on....
yeah last year they were supposedly far behind their normal schedule...this year looks like it might be even worse.
And yet I'm the hopeful one who keeps wishing, dreaming & hoping for "this week."
Argh..... today was the most painful day I've had in a while for waiting... before, I seemed to be able to be happy, upbeat & relaxed (a "we'll hear when we hear" attitude).... Today, it was more like checking the status page every hour for any indication things will soon be a-changin'......
Hopefully tomorrow will be an easier wait..... I guess I personally feel like it's such a hard wait because this is the last school I'm waiting on, and if I got a thumbs up I'd be going to UCLA in a heartbeat.... If I'm destined for a thumbs down, I know I'll be sad at first, then find joy in my options & move ahead with picking a school & making arrangements to move, etc. I'm sure others of you are in my boat, just waiting for UCLA....
I wish everyone on this thread (posters and readers alike) the BEST OF LUCK with UCLA and every other school you're waiting on! May this week be the week (and if not this week, then next! 😉 )
Argh..... today was the most painful day I've had in a while for waiting... before, I seemed to be able to be happy, upbeat & relaxed (a "we'll hear when we hear" attitude).... Today, it was more like checking the status page every hour for any indication things will soon be a-changin'......
Hopefully tomorrow will be an easier wait..... I guess I personally feel like it's such a hard wait because this is the last school I'm waiting on, and if I got a thumbs up I'd be going to UCLA in a heartbeat.... If I'm destined for a thumbs down, I know I'll be sad at first, then find joy in my options & move ahead with picking a school & making arrangements to move, etc. I'm sure others of you are in my boat, just waiting for UCLA....
I wish everyone on this thread (posters and readers alike) the BEST OF LUCK with UCLA and every other school you're waiting on! May this week be the week (and if not this week, then next! 😉 )
And yet I'm the hopeful one who keeps wishing, dreaming & hoping for "this week."
Argh..... today was the most painful day I've had in a while for waiting... before, I seemed to be able to be happy, upbeat & relaxed (a "we'll hear when we hear" attitude).... Today, it was more like checking the status page every hour for any indication things will soon be a-changin'......
Hopefully tomorrow will be an easier wait..... I guess I personally feel like it's such a hard wait because this is the last school I'm waiting on, and if I got a thumbs up I'd be going to UCLA in a heartbeat.... If I'm destined for a thumbs down, I know I'll be sad at first, then find joy in my options & move ahead with picking a school & making arrangements to move, etc. I'm sure others of you are in my boat, just waiting for UCLA....
I wish everyone on this thread (posters and readers alike) the BEST OF LUCK with UCLA and every other school you're waiting on! May this week be the week (and if not this week, then next! 😉 )
Swtiepie I'm rootin for you...you have been such an amazing source of ongoing support to all of us anxious kids. I elect you to be our cheerleader 😍
Let this be the week... 😎
Good Luck Everyone....

Unfortunately, we have been saying "this week" since six weeks ago...it's really sad...and worse yet, the unexpected nature of the whole wait when last year was supposed to be the worst year seems to be getting at my nerves as well...
sorry to bump this thread without any news on the impending decisions.
do you think the admissions committee at ucla takes into account your out-of-state status after the interview stage? in other words, would you think they are less likely to accept you if you have lived in another state - say on the other coast - your entire life? i ask because this is my case, and i'm very serious about ucla but i worry that the committee won't think i'd matriculate there because ive lived on the other coast (through college and everything, in one city) my entire life. hopefully they'd think i was serious as i applied and flew out there to interview... your thoughts? thanks for any help you might provide.
do you think the admissions committee at ucla takes into account your out-of-state status after the interview stage? in other words, would you think they are less likely to accept you if you have lived in another state - say on the other coast - your entire life? i ask because this is my case, and i'm very serious about ucla but i worry that the committee won't think i'd matriculate there because ive lived on the other coast (through college and everything, in one city) my entire life. hopefully they'd think i was serious as i applied and flew out there to interview... your thoughts? thanks for any help you might provide.
sorry to bump this thread without any news on the impending decisions.
do you think the admissions committee at ucla takes into account your out-of-state status after the interview stage? in other words, would you think they are less likely to accept you if you have lived in another state - say on the other coast - your entire life? i ask because this is my case, and i'm very serious about ucla but i worry that the committee won't think i'd matriculate there because ive lived on the other coast (through college and everything, in one city) my entire life. hopefully they'd think i was serious as i applied and flew out there to interview... your thoughts? thanks for any help you might provide.
comparing OOS interviewee numbers to IS interviewee numbers to the respective matriculant data seems to suggest a slight preference to IS applicants (even though they say they have no pref, but also keep in mind that OOS accepted students are much more likely to turn down the offer, there's too many confounding variables to make true sense of those numbers).
I made it clear to my interviewer that I was very interested in UCLA, otherwise I wouldn't have travelled across the country to interview!
How do you think an extra student interview factors in?
How do you think an extra student interview factors in?
Hard to say. From what I gather, it can be positive or negative.
Negative: Applicants are more likely to relax with students (closer to the same age, more casual appearance, etc.) and may say things they wouldn't otherwise. Also, I heard that student interviewers tend to be harsher and/or better judges of character than faculty interviewers, probably because the applicants tend to relax around them and they may be exposed to more faults subsequently, whereas with faculty members applicants tend to be on their very best behavior.
Positive: You have the opportunity to impress two people and you get to ask more questions about the school, thereby maybe learning more. If you impress both, you may have a stronger "case" for acceptance in the ADCOM.
From what I understand of UCLA, if you have a faculty & student interview, your student presents you to the committee and the faculty member chimes in as he/she sees fit. I don't know how the committee tends to react to student presentations vs. being presented by a faculty member (as is the case if you had only 1 interview)?
*Note: the above are just my thoughts off the top of my head, they may be completely off - it's just my gut reaction to the question. I'm guessing in the end, it's not a clear cut "it helps" or "it hurts." A LOT has to do with how you presented yourself in both interviews (or in the one interview if you had one)...
Guys, I think I'm quickly turning into a non-functional object over this wait....like most of you, I was full of hope till last week, but it just seems that nothing even remotely logical is happening down there...and it bites.
BTW, just to second what sweetiepie said, a student interview can be either good or bad, but you are at no disadvantage by not having one.
I'm quickly turning into a non-functional object over this wait....
I completely agree with this sentiment - until this week, the wait seemed bearable. Now, I can't stop thinking about "When's UCLA gonna release the decisions?" and checking SDN & the UCLA status page compulsively.... I have no idea why this suddenly turned painful.... maybe it's because I was sincerely hoping to have decisions this week, and now it's unknown when decisions will be released....
Oh, dear UCLA, send us some love this week!!!!
😍 dreaming of ucla.... 😍 
Ok..this may not be music to everyone;s ear but...i just called Drew..and they said that they will be sending their decisions up to UCLA this week so that they can be released with the decisions made by Geffen sometime late next week...i dont know how much everyone should read into this but yea...juss thought i'd share the news...GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok..this may not be music to everyone;s ear but...i just called Drew..and they said that they will be sending their decisions up to UCLA this week so that they can be released with the decisions made by Geffen sometime late next week...i dont know how much everyone should read into this but yea...juss thought i'd share the news...GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!![]()
Thanks for the update, icecold! At least next week's better than April 😱
GL EVERYONE!!!!
Here's to good news next week!
Thanks for the update, icecold! At least next week's better than April 😱
GL EVERYONE!!!!
![]()
Here's to good news next week!
Swtiepie...call me crazy..but im gettin the feeling that UCLA is your number one choice...lol..well Drew is my top choice...so hopefully we'll both get our good news next week and possibly be classmates..LETS KEEP THE FAITH! 👍
Swtiepie...call me crazy..but im gettin the feeling that UCLA is your number one choice...lol..well Drew is my top choice...so hopefully we'll both get our good news next week and possibly be classmates..LETS KEEP THE FAITH! 👍
Haha, so my stalking the UCLA thread tipped you off?! haha
Yes, here's to us being classmates!!!!

Ok..this may not be music to everyone;s ear but...i just called Drew..and they said that they will be sending their decisions up to UCLA this week so that they can be released with the decisions made by Geffen sometime late next week...i dont know how much everyone should read into this but yea...juss thought i'd share the news...GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!![]()
haha so maybe next week? I could use some UCLA lovin' around my birthday😍
F
flamestodust
Anyone know when UCLA Second-Look weekend is this year? Last year?
Well, the Thursday of this week last year was when the status pages changed to reflect that letters were mailed the day before (Wed)....
Somehow, I have a feeling we won't be getting that sort of glorious news today....
In any case, I hope that the admissions people at Drew told icecoldalpha06 the truth and that we'll be getting some news in the next 2 weeks...
😍
dreaming of ucla!
😍
Somehow, I have a feeling we won't be getting that sort of glorious news today....
In any case, I hope that the admissions people at Drew told icecoldalpha06 the truth and that we'll be getting some news in the next 2 weeks...
😍
dreaming of ucla!
😍Anyone know when UCLA Second-Look weekend is this year? Last year?
it was the first weekend (I think) in May last year...kinda late, but I guess they want to get the last dance before you have make a decision.
Nice lady at admissions (who sounded like the was reallllllly tired of this question) said there's no news on when decisions will be released, they're in the deans office, and they have no idea when they'll be sent out....
it was the first weekend (I think) in May last year...kinda late, but I guess they want to get the last dance before you have make a decision.
Anyone know when UCLA Second-Look weekend is this year? Last year?
Last year it was May 6th
From the website:
Save the Date!
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Recruitment Day
Class of 2010
May 6, 2006
More information to come soon!
F
flamestodust
When the status page changes, do you think we will be able to call to ask for the decision?
When the status page changes, do you think we will be able to call to ask for the decision?
No, I believe they will not provide decisions over the phone. When the status page changes, you should receive a letter in about a week with the decision. I assume that if 1-2 weeks go by & you haven't received the letter, then I would call to let them know that. But I believe they will stick to their guns & not release decisions over the telephone....
So, why not call the Dean's office and ask what they are waiting on?
That would be certainly interesting...given the fact that the admissions office keep saying the letters are with them and can be released anytime. Hence, the whole idea that decisions will be released next week is pure speculation as well...
This waiting sucks....
That would be certainly interesting...given the fact that the admissions office keep saying the letters are with them and can be released anytime. Hence, the whole idea that decisions will be released next week is pure speculation as well...
This waiting sucks....
Eh, personally, I'm ok calling the admissions office because I can ask for info while remaining anonymous.... I feel like if someone were to call the Dean's office, they'd probably want to know who's calling, right?
Alright, guys, here's the plan - someone go to a public library, set up a fake email account with no trace of who you are, send an anonymous email to the Dean of Admissions asking about this so called, "they're in the dean's office" information, and when (if?) you get a response - come back to SDN and post away!!!
hahahahahahaha....
Alright, guys, here's the plan - someone go to a public library, set up a fake email account with no trace of who you are, send an anonymous email to the Dean of Admissions asking about this so called, "they're in the dean's office" information, and when (if?) you get a response - come back to SDN and post away!!!
hahahahahahaha....
No, I believe they will not provide decisions over the phone. When the status page changes, you should receive a letter in about a week with the decision. I assume that if 1-2 weeks go by & you haven't received the letter, then I would call to let them know that. But I believe they will stick to their guns & not release decisions over the telephone....
i'm a re-applicant. I got waitlisted at UCLA last year but didn't pull off the list :-( ....
anyhow, when my status page changed last year, I called and the lady in the office gave me my status....i think it depends on when you call and who you're talking to. good luck everyone...
i'm waiting for my interview invite😍
Interesting, lovableDR! Thanks for sharing!
Is the status page change you're referring to when it said you were waitlisted or when it didn't pan out in the end? I'm just curious if "Final Decision Sent" means acceptance, waitlist or rejection OR just accept/reject given how a waitlist isn't really a final decision.....
Thanks again for sharing, and really - best of luck this year with UCLA, and I hope you're already seeing good results elsewhere!
GL ALL! Guess we're going to be beating last year's late record 😉
Is the status page change you're referring to when it said you were waitlisted or when it didn't pan out in the end? I'm just curious if "Final Decision Sent" means acceptance, waitlist or rejection OR just accept/reject given how a waitlist isn't really a final decision.....
Thanks again for sharing, and really - best of luck this year with UCLA, and I hope you're already seeing good results elsewhere!
GL ALL! Guess we're going to be beating last year's late record 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting, lovableDR! Thanks for sharing!
Is the status page change you're referring to when it said you were waitlisted or when it didn't pan out in the end? I'm just curious if "Final Decision Sent" means acceptance, waitlist or rejection OR just accept/reject given how a waitlist isn't really a final decision.....
Thanks again for sharing, and really - best of luck this year with UCLA, and I hope you're already seeing good results elsewhere!
GL ALL! Guess we're going to be beating last year's late record 😉
we actually dont know until 1-3PM today.
I think they will be done today or by end of next week.
The reason why they keep saying "end of next month" is because ppl keep calling them and as a result, annoying the hell out of them.
"end of next month" is just an easy way to get the impatient pre meds off of their backs.
i'm a re-applicant. I got waitlisted at UCLA last year but didn't pull off the list :-( ....
anyhow, when my status page changed last year, I called and the lady in the office gave me my status....i think it depends on when you call and who you're talking to. good luck everyone...
Im waiting for my interview invite 😍
That's not right lovableDR. 🙁
If you were waitlisted last year, you should have been one of the first to get an interview on this cycle.
Have you tried contacting someone on the admissions committee?
I'm asking because I was in a simillar situation - waitlisted two years ago (and yes, status changed to something like "final decision sent" for a waitlist).
Good luck!
And to the rest of us here, here's to a good ending of this torture
👍
👍 
hey UCLA...ITS ALMOST MARCH
Status page change- letter sent 2/23/07...COME ON..COME ON..Please be good news
Good Luck to everyone!
I will post once I get the letter (whatever it is 🙂 I live in Norcal..so it might be Monday!
All the best!
Good Luck to everyone!
I will post once I get the letter (whatever it is 🙂 I live in Norcal..so it might be Monday!
All the best!
for those of you who got letters sent, good luck.
do you guys mind posting when you interviewed?
this is F*cking scary
i interviewed early october
Can someone please check, are they mailed today or do they go through campus mail....because that could make a HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Also, based on the last few years, have the first onse been only acceptances, or no?
Also, based on the last few years, have the first onse been only acceptances, or no?
eeek no change yet....

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please check, are they mailed today or do they go through campus mail....because that could make a HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Also, based on the last few years, have the first onse been only acceptances, or no?
it was a mix of acceptance/rejections and i dunno about waitlists
but it seemed like the rejection posts were fake... hmmm (cuz they supposedly got their mail in 2 days when most ppl got it like 5-7 days after)
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 441
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 5K