UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are thinking incorrectly (or just despairfully).

Before the end of February, status pages for interviewees WILL CHANGE! (I hope.)

February = Med School Admissions Status Purgatory.


p.s. PAGE 9!, any bets on to what page the thread will be on when the first SDNer gets accepted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is perhaps the best way I've ever heard February described. 👍


Oh, hey, what did you ever end up doing for Valentine's Day? **wrong thread, but I've got you here now suckah! 😎 **

I was busy doing a molecular bio lab report...if you read back in that thread you'll see that my Tuesday night (which I guess is eeeeearly VDay) ended up very nicely :laugh: 👍
 
p.s. PAGE 9!, any bets on to what page the thread will be on when the first SDNer gets accepted?

Well, at the current rate of 2 pages per week, and with my guessing a week or two (so 1.5 weeks) until we hear, that would put us at... 3 pages..... since we're at page 9.... I'm guessing page 12?

Hahahahahahaa :laugh:

GL ALL! :luck: :luck:

😍 ucla 😍
 
In the admissions office today I saw a large postal box of thin small envelopes looking about ready to be mailed.
 
is it like undergrad where a small envelope means rejection and a big envelope means acceptance?
 
In past years, UCLA acceptances and rejections have been mailed in a small envelope, from what I remember reading on this site.
 
In the admissions office today I saw a large postal box of thin small envelopes looking about ready to be mailed.

That sounds promising! 👍 Maybe they'll go out next week? :luck:

Towelie, I remember reading that on the forums also.
 
Wow, I wish we could verify this. Anyone in Westwood want to take a peek...maybe our good friend UCLAStudent will be kind enough to check.

😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And if there is a boxful, why can't they be sent today? Guys, that would be so freakin awesome....


...wow, my heart just sped up to 120...:scared:
 
If that guy is lying, he is VERY VERY VERY EVIL...because I have'nt been able to do nothin since I read that post.
 
While the postal box of letters could be anything, I'm going to hope it's what we've all been waiting for...

GL ALL!
 
Since they sent a pile of preinterview rejections already, I'm thinking it applies to us...
 
are all schools like that where they send one envelope size for both acceptance and rejection?
 
Did you get past the front desk?

It was sitting on the front desk in plain view (but behind the counter). Word from the office now is "hopefully by the end of the month." Doesn't make a lot of sense since they had that box of letters sitting there... but who knows.
 
I'm now more confused than ever, letters are on a table, but they are not releasing decisions till end of the month....


OK, well, good luck waiting everyone.
 
its Week 6 guys...I think it was this week last year when decisions began to get sent out so maybe just maybe we'll see a status change this week.
 
its Week 6 guys...I think it was this week last year when decisions began to get sent out so maybe just maybe we'll see a status change this week.

Let us hope that all the cosmic connections are in order and the admissions gods are about to bestow a favorable bounty upon us all 🙂

Good Luck!

Let THIS BE THE WEEK :laugh: :luck: :laugh: :luck: :laugh: 😍
 
Let us all cross our fingers & our toes that this is a week for good news and that this good news be received by us all!

:luck: Lots of Luck!!! :luck:

:luck: 😍 still dreaming of ucla.... 😍 :luck:
 
Let us all cross our fingers & our toes that this is a week for good news and that this good news be received by us all!

:luck: Lots of Luck!!! :luck:

:luck: 😍 still dreaming of ucla.... 😍 :luck:

Will Harvard beat us? It seems possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very, very possible that Harvard will beat us...

Does anyone have any recent updates as to when we will hear back. I believe sweetiepie checked early last week...but after then, has anyone checked.

I hope that box of letters everyone has been talking about is ours and will get sent today.

:scared:
 
Well, I just called. The lady on the other end said in typically completely unhelpful fashion, "Soon. We are working on it. The Dean is making decisions now. Soon, hopefully within a month."
 
::grumble::

Well, GL guys - hopefully, they're just brushing us off because they are too busy getting read to mail those letters! 🙂

A girl can dream....
 
How do they have such a terrible admissions office? I just don't get it. Their incompetence is astounding.
 
Well, I just called. The lady on the other end said in typically completely unhelpful fashion, "Soon. We are working on it. The Dean is making decisions now. Soon, hopefully within a month."

Anybody starting to think this is really funny? In a completely sardonic and masochistic way of course.
 
Isn't there an AAMC regulation that says that a medical school must accept as its class can hold by March 15. I know we never really thought it would come this late, but are they going to just speed by March 15 with no decisions.

And what does it mean that the Dean is making decisions? Didn't we already agree that decisions are made at the subcommittee level and only cutoff scores are determined by the admissions committee.

I honestly feel we should be doing something more proactive about this delay than just sitting around, because for one, it doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe we need a new change of strategy...😎
 
Isn't there an AAMC regulation that says that a medical school must accept as its class can hold by March 15. I know we never really thought it would come this late, but are they going to just speed by March 15 with no decisions.

And what does it mean that the Dean is making decisions? Didn't we already agree that decisions are made at the subcommittee level and only cutoff scores are determined by the admissions committee.

I honestly feel we should be doing something more proactive about this delay than just sitting around, because for one, it doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe we need a new change of strategy...😎

According to the person i asked, the subcommittee pushes a student towards an acceptance/waitlist/rejection (whether this is by points like some have said, im not sure but im assuming this is where the point system comes in). But then he said that everything is up to the dean after that. So i dont know if the dean hand selects ppl after that or determines what the cut of pt is, but she can do whatever the hell she pleases. Im sure the point system isnt absolute. If she likes someone over someone else thats "ranked" higher, im sure she can pull her own triggers.
 
And what does it mean that the Dean is making decisions? Didn't we already agree that decisions are made at the subcommittee level and only cutoff scores are determined by the admissions committee.

I think its the decision by the Dean to release acceptances.
 
STATUS PAGE CHANGE.............................but relax. They just turned back on the interview scheduler link that was shut off a few weeks ago.
 
STATUS PAGE CHANGE.............................but relax. They just turned back on the interview scheduler link that was shut off a few weeks ago.

and then they turned it off again! ugh...send us decisions already!
 
I was curious about the timeline from last year & so from last year's thread:

2/17/06 – Admissions was quoting "by mid march"
2/22/06 – Someone posted that on 2/3/06 the Recruitment Day page changed to reflect relevant info for the class of 2010
2/23/06 – Status pages changed that day to show letters mailed 2/22/06
2/24/06 – Someone posted that they got a rejection letter
2/25/06 – Lots of acceptances (thin envelope, 1 page letter)
2/27/06 – More acceptances
2/27/06 – Someone posted that they thought the rejections were fake
2/28/06 – Someone said that status changes usually occur between 1-3PM
2/28/06 – Admissions said decisions would continue to be mailed out monthly, on/around the 15th

Wonder when our ball will start rolling.....

GL ALL!
 
This waiting is really starting to go over the top...no applicant should ever have to wait this long for a decisions. More importantly, the lack of transparency and the continued confusion gives places undue stress on applicants.

My understanding has been from day one that decisions for different applicants have been ready since November and December. The issue is with developing enough of a pool before those decisions are released.

Something's gotta give, I'm just very perplexed right now....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. So I called the admissions office today. The lady I spoke with said that decisions will be made around March. But, her tone of voice wasn't so reassuring so I asked if it could be delayed until April...and she gave a definitive YES! Sorry guys, it might be another month or more before we hear anything.
 
I bet the admissions office gets a phone call at least once an hour asking when acceptances will get sent out...
 
so those letters sitting in the admissions office, I think they were rejections (without interviews). people are posting about getting UCLA rejections lately... ah well. again, we've been passed over.
 
OMG, I can't believe we're actually starting to take about the first batch coming out in April...like I said guys, I think we need to apply a more proactive approach strategy and approach than just calling the admissions office...
 
OMG, I can't believe we're actually starting to take about the first batch coming out in April...like I said guys, I think we need to apply a more proactive approach strategy and approach than just calling the admissions office...

what else can we do? storm the deans office???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.