UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this no status change thing is killin' me...

at my interview the students said that "you could be waiting into April or May for an acceptance, UCLA takes their time so don't get too worried if you don't hear for a long time"

I hope they're right

I have heard of a kid that got in during May.

Waiting is going to be painful. But I look at it this way: the result will not change.

Looking back (in June), I will be able to say:
1) I spent the time well, doing such and such or
2) I was miserable.

Either way, the result will be the same; therefore, choice 1, to the extent that it is psychologically possible, is in my (our) best interest.

In any case, I would like to hear, but have no problem waiting for something positive.

This batch will be very interesting. I don't know why, but the fact that Photogirl received a status change - to me - indicates a possible acceptance batch. But that is totally subjective and unfounded. Status change people -want to post some stats? Some interview feelings?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw, thanks, Quantum! I just post here to keep the morale up, to cheer on everyone, even when I suspect my UCLA fate isn't lookin' so hot 🙁 [ = no status change]

To all those with status changes, GOOD LUCK! And to all those without, GOOD LUCK! :luck: :luck:

sweetiepie, of all people you really totally deserve to get in. you have the most wonderful bedside manner! 🙂
 
not to burst your bubble futuredoc
but i believe the earliest will be tuesday and i predict that my letter will arrive on thursday (nor cal)

Here was my prediction
I correctly predicted the status change on 2/23 also.
And Im pretty sure the first batch is mostly acceptances with some rejections.
Why would they waitlist people in the first batch? That wouldnt make sense.
But acceptances definitely make sense and rejections for people who totally screwed up the interview.

Socal people will get it for sure by wed if not today. Norcal will be the day after.
 
Here was my prediction
I correctly predicted the status change on 2/23 also.
And Im pretty sure the first batch is mostly acceptances with some rejections.
Why would they waitlist people in the first batch? That wouldnt make sense.
But acceptances definitely make sense and rejections for people who totally screwed up the interview.

Socal people will get it for sure by wed if not today. Norcal will be the day after.

We'll know in about three hours.
 
Instate interviewed in September and no status change on my page. Stupid.....
 
At least I got rejected by Davis today post interview. One less school to wait on.....
Now I actually care about this thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all those in...

Practicing that thing about not coveting your neighbor's wife, or whatever.
 
I GOT IN! got the letter today, socal, status change on the 23rd.

thanks all for the support, and good luck to all

:luck:
 
I am betting most of these letters are going to be acceptances. I think it is bad I interviewed so early but dont even have a status page change yet
 
I'm In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!
Never tought this would happen!

Good luck to all of you waiting 😍
 
I got the letter today and I cant believe I got in UCLA. Being in the US for only 5 years and making it to UCLA is like a dream coming true for me. I also got a Merit scholarship. ARGHHHHHHHH!!!! I m still shaking right now. Good luck to the rest of us still waiting to hear back from UCLA.
To Winny: I live in Anaheim too, near Knott Berry Farm. Congrats.
 
Congrats, Kelvin!!! & great going on the merit scholarship!

BTW I had an RA named Kelvin.... 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the letter today and I cant believe I got in UCLA. Being in the US for only 5 years and making it to UCLA is like a dream coming true for me. I also got a Merit scholarship. ARGHHHHHHHH!!!! I m still shaking right now. Good luck to the rest of us still waiting to hear back from UCLA.
To Winny: I live in Anaheim too, near Knott Berry Farm. Congrats.

Wow, congrats! I didn't even know UCLA had merit scholarships!
 
Thanks guys! I m definitely donating soon to this site. I dont usually post but I have got a lot of good information here. I m so stoked to get the Merit scholarship. I m still feeling like walking on cloud right now. Again, thank you and good luck to the rest of us.
 
Thanks guys! I m definitely donating soon to this site. I dont usually post but I have got a lot of good information here. I m so stoked to get the Merit scholarship. I m still feeling like walking on cloud right now. Again, thank you and good luck to the rest of us.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the merit scholarship for? The whole tuition?
 
Oh no, it's not that much Towelie, just about 1/4 of the tuition. Now I wish I could have a full scholarship . guess i am getting greedy 😛
 
Congrats, Wilddoc! You Made It! 🙂

Thanks swtiepie!
I'm really hoping to see you in that class; our husbands can play together 😀

Congrats kelvin81!!!
I feel the same as you - I moved to the U.S. 4 years ago and I simply can't believe this is happening.

Best of luck everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:
 
FYI I was in the admissions office right now and someone was stuffing envelopes - a lot of them. And there was only one page to it, which means it's not a secondary app or interview request - those had multiple pages. Were the acceptances only one page? Those of you who haven't heard yet may be hearing very soon!!! Good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:
 
FYI I was in the admissions office right now and someone was stuffing envelopes - a lot of them. And there was only one page to it, which means it's not a secondary app or interview request - those had multiple pages. Were the acceptances only one page? Those of you who haven't heard yet may be hearing very soon!!! Good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Acceptances are only one page. They look just like rejections.
 
Acceptances are only one page. They look just like rejections.

FYI I was in the admissions office right now and someone was stuffing envelopes - a lot of them. And there was only one page to it, which means it's not a secondary app or interview request - those had multiple pages. Were the acceptances only one page? Those of you who haven't heard yet may be hearing very soon!!! Good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Well, based on past years, those would be the waitlist/rejection letters, to be mailed next week or the week following.... .....

Sorry, guys, too much pessimism slipped out! I'll continue to try & be positive, optimistic & hopeful!

Please, UCLA, pretty please - put one of those lovely 1-page acceptance letters in the mail for lil' ole me & all my friends on SDN who are here wishing, hoping & dreaming with me.....

😍 :luck: dreaming of ucla..... :luck: 😍
 
Still waiting to get the letter...NORCAL here!

Congrats to all those getting the wonderful news! This is awesome...shout out to trying...CONGRATS!!!!!

Good Luck!!!! I hope to hear tomm....:luck: :luck: :luck:
 
Oh no, it's not that much Towelie, just about 1/4 of the tuition. Now I wish I could have a full scholarship . guess i am getting greedy 😛

hey, that is great news! i also got some $$ but it was a one time offer of $5000. was yours for all 4 years?
 
Still waiting to get the letter...NORCAL here!

Congrats to all those getting the wonderful news! This is awesome...shout out to trying...CONGRATS!!!!!

Good Luck!!!! I hope to hear tomm....:luck: :luck: :luck:

thanks PG. cant wait to hear about when you get the good news!:luck:
 
thanks PG. cant wait to hear about when you get the good news!:luck:

Still waiting to get the letter...NORCAL here!

Congrats to all those getting the wonderful news! This is awesome...shout out to trying...CONGRATS!!!!!

Good Luck!!!! I hope to hear tomm....:luck: :luck: :luck:

Best of luck, PhotoGirl! Based on today's results, you're in for a treat tomorrow! Congrats in advance & let us know when your letter arrives!!! :luck: 👍 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey congrats to everyone who got in today!👍 And good luck to everyone (like myself) who are still interviewing and waiting for a post-interview repsonse:luck:

Oh and for those who got in..you are now relieved from constantly checking SDN...i think the rest of us will continue to suffer from carpal tunnel :laugh:
 
congrats to all those who were accepted. I just wanted to take a quick survey on the effectiveness of a letter of interest or intent. To those who were accepted, how many of you sent in such a letter?
 
congrats to all those who were accepted. I just wanted to take a quick survey on the effectiveness of a letter of interest or intent. To those who were accepted, how many of you sent in such a letter?

Like to hear it as well
 
congrats to all those who were accepted. I just wanted to take a quick survey on the effectiveness of a letter of interest or intent. To those who were accepted, how many of you sent in such a letter?

i did not. i think thats better if you were waitlisted.
 
i sent one, but not a letter of INTENT, a strong letter of INTEREST. i never committed to accepting.

so yea, take that for what its worth. i would just send one anyways, just so u know you did everything possible.

g'day.

got in today
status change 2/23
interview 10/4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.