UCSD acceptance/waitlist thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nguyenlili

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if one exists so just wanted to start one:
Anyone accepted or pulled off waitlist in UCSD lately?

Members don't see this ad.

i spoke to yvonne, they said they arent forming the WL until after may 15.

good luck... i hope everyone rejects and we all get in!!

rjb said:
i spoke to yvonne, they said they arent forming the WL until after may 15.

good luck... i hope everyone rejects and we all get in!!

and is it a ranked/unranked waitlist? how many do they accept? any other useful info?

Members don't see this ad :)
nguyenlili said:
and is it a ranked/unranked waitlist? how many do they accept? any other useful info?

i think they rank it, im goin nuts! i really wanna go to ucsd..

i dont have any more info, but i heard they take a lot off the WL... lets hope we make it to the WL first because they dont take all 400 people from the acceptable pool to the Wl

good luck LILI

rjb said:
i think they rank it, im goin nuts! i really wanna go to ucsd..

i dont have any more info, but i heard they take a lot off the WL... lets hope we make it to the WL first because they dont take all 400 people from the acceptable pool to the Wl

good luck LILI

i really hope so - do you think we will know on may 15th? i am leaving for cancun may16 th and don't want to miss out on any information

Awesome, I've been waiting for someone to start a UCSD waitlist thread.

Dr. Kelly told me that UCSD "would start selecting applicants from the acceptable pool around mid-May". So I guess the acceptable pool will start moving in two weeks or so.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone go to the UCSD second loook? If so, how many applicants were there? How many applicants are dead-set on attending UCSD?

sdnstud said:
Awesome, I've been waiting for someone to start a UCSD waitlist thread.

Dr. Kelly told me that UCSD "would start selecting applicants from the acceptable pool around mid-May". So I guess the acceptable pool will start moving in two weeks or so.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone go to the UCSD second loook? If so, how many applicants were there? How many applicants are dead-set on attending UCSD?

my boyfriend was supposed to go but we ended up celebrating too much so he was not sober enough to drive, anyways he called and i think they told him that around 40/50 showed up. But then UCLA was same day (I think) so that number does not indicate much

BUMP. Any news regarding UCSD "acceptable pool" lately?

I called and they said they haven't yet formed the narrowed-down waitlist from the acceptable pool--by the end of the month. They also said they're still accepting people. I forgot to ask what the hell they meant by this: does it mean they're still granting straight up acceptances from interviewed applicants or are they pulling people straight from the acceptable pool prior to forming the waitlist?

I hate all this goddamn nomenclature: acceptable pool, waitlist, alternate list, favorably reviewed. wtf, just make one friggin list and call it a waitlist.

I was accepted off of the waitlist on Monday or Tuesday of this week. I politefully declined because I had already gotten in off of a different waitlist earlier this month. The information came via a call from Dr. Kelly, she left me a VM since I wasn't at my mobile phone.

Prior to getting off of the waitlist, I was interviewed in the middle of February and thrown into the acceptable pool a few weeks later. I sent a letter of strong interest immediately following, and then letters to my interviewers a few weeks later.

PM me for additional questions. Best of luck.

raosen said:
I was accepted off of the waitlist on Monday or Tuesday of this week. I politefully declined because I had already gotten in off of a different waitlist earlier this month. The information came via a call from Dr. Kelly, she left me a VM since I wasn't at my mobile phone.

Prior to getting off of the waitlist, I was interviewed in the middle of February and thrown into the acceptable pool a few weeks later. I sent a letter of strong interest immediately following, and then letters to my interviewers a few weeks later.

PM me for additional questions. Best of luck.

when did you get put on a waitlist at UCSD? Are you mistaking Acceptable Pool and Waitlist? Did you get accepted straight out of the Acceptable Pool?

i got accepted to UCSD today; got a phone call from Dr. Kelly

Hey CalGoldenBear, Congrats on your UCSD acceptance. Are you planning to accept the offer?

CalGoldenBear said:
i got accepted to UCSD today; got a phone call from Dr. Kelly

Members don't see this ad :)
sdnstud said:
Hey CalGoldenBear, Congrats on your UCSD acceptance. Are you planning to accept the offer?

yup! definitely looking forward to the sunny socal weather

congrats. see you and the other 40 Cal grads in the fall.

i think they'll let you know about your class when you get here, but berkeley and ucla are consistently the top two represented schools at ucsd. i think there were upwards of 35 Cal grads in last year's matriculants. it may be good news for you that few of these people knew each other before coming to ucsd.

any updates on the waitlist??? and btw, does anyone have Dr. Kelly's email address?

im2tall said:
any updates on the waitlist??? and btw, does anyone have Dr. Kelly's email address?

I spoke to Yvonne today and according to her, yesterday was the day that most of the acceptances went out, thus the sudden surge. She also implied that there were hardly any seats left if any. Next week, they're sending out letters to reject or put us on yet another waitlist. Bad bad news for us.

thanks for the update and info meddie and calgoldenbear... I guess I'll need to start my primaries again...

meddie said:
She also implied that there were hardly any seats left if any.

This is one of those "at the moment" statements. The waitlist will continue to move. Don't give up hope yet!

Newquagmire said:
This is one of those "at the moment" statements. The waitlist will continue to move. Don't give up hope yet!

Thanks quaq for keeping us motivated and giving us that glimmer of hope. If I get in, definitely glad to have you as a classmate. But that's a BIG if.

thanks to Calgoldenbear, I was able to talk to Dr. Kelly and apparently there are still reviewing files from the 'acceptable pool'. Like Newquagmire says, let's not give up hope yet. According to the other thread regarding time frame of waitlist moving, we could be waiting as long as July.