UCSF Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was reading up on last year's UCSF thread and it is strange to see how UCSF students like Zwiggles and Senzabee were stressing last year about whether they got in. YOU guys went through exactly what we are going through except now that you are almost done with your first year at UCSF, it seems strange for us applicants to think that such great students like you guys, were once in our shoes. It provides me with a sense of comfort in knowing that everyone around me is going through the same thing.

There is not an hour that goes by without me thinking about my performance at my UCSF interview and whether or not I made the cut.

This week, I have a midterm, a paper, and a quiz, but instead of focusing on these activities, all I am doing is thinking/hoping/dreaming of UCSF!

I really hope we here soon because at this point, I have a mini heart attack everytime I reflect back on my interview.

Good LUCK to ALL OF YOU GUYS and I just hope that we will all look back on this in a few weeks and smile.

I wish everyone the best. All we can do is stay positive and believe in fate... AND... HATE ON SNAIL MAIL - LOL!

Have a great week Guys!

I know my heart skips a beat whenever I log onto SDN and there's new
post(s) on this thread.
Good luck guys! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be by the end of this week. I guess we'll see.

Hang in there everyone :)

hey hey!! did you guys have your interviews on jan 25th?! or early feb?? I had mine on feb 8th so i'm thinking i won't hear until after all of the early interviewers hear back... has anyone talked to Joel lately and asked him when we should be hearing back? I can't wait until April 1st to get a reply! I want to know NOW!! =)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THOUGH!!!! I want us ALL to be the class of 2012!!!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!:love::luck::hardy:

The Wait is horrible...I check this forum everyday to see if anyone has gotten accepted yet. Hopefully we will hear from them soon

yes the waiting game is horrible....I was one of the Jan 25 people; it hasn't been bad until now, when I know we should all be hearing soon.

At this point, it's completely out of our hands. Everyone has done their best, and we can just hope for the best! (even though I'm pretty sure it's giving me gray hairs)

Good luck everyone and I hope we all hear good news soon !

anyone here unimpressed by their interview visit at UCSF? I know they're #1 but is that the reason most of you want to get in? Still waiting on my result too, and when I interviewd mid feb they said they'd have many of the letters sent last week...so I'm not sure what's going on there...but SD mailed theirs.

Also who here would be torn b/w SD and SF if they get in both?

anyone here unimpressed by their interview visit at UCSF? I know they're #1 but is that the reason most of you want to get in? Still waiting on my result too, and when I interviewd mid feb they said they'd have many of the letters sent last week...so I'm not sure what's going on there...but SD mailed theirs.

Also who here would be torn b/w SD and SF if they get in both?

i was impressed because it seemed they carried themselves very professionally. But, I do have to admit their reputation as "number one" is sure cool. anyway... i'll be happy getting in anywhere that accepts me (which hasnt happened yet this year)... ucsf or not, pharm school is pharm school.

I agree.. I will go anywhere I am accepted!! But I prefer UCSF.. I don;t feel confident about my interview though so we will see... does anyone else feel bad about their interview? Maybe I am just over thinking it...but how much does the interview count towards our acceptance??? Did Joel say he was mailing out acceptance and rejection letters this week for on the Jan. 25th interviewees?? When I went in for my interview Feb 8th he said people would hear randomly.. no matter how early or late they interviewed...

I'm just sooooooo nervous!!!! One of the first year pharm students I was talking with told me that an acceptance and rejection letter both come in small envelopes...!! :wow: Lets hope for the best!! I keep on checking SDN every day to see if people received acceptance letters! hehe =) Good luck!

I loved the UCSF interview process...out of all the schools I interviewed at, they definitely had their stuff together. Some of the schools (I won't go into specifics or names) left me completely unimpressed since they were so unorganized/inconsiderate-the students giving tours were more concerned about the schedule than the admin at the actual interview (ran well over the time period, one of my interviewers actually left for a while and I don't know why; someone else had the same problem), while others left me so aggrivated at their interview invite that I just ended up declining since they were such a pain! They were def the most professional out of all the schools I visited.

It's great that I have gotten this far already, since I actually know how competitive the school is (and definitely, Cali schools are VERY competitive compared to the rest of the country). Good luck everyone and try not to get too stressed over the next few weeks-it's such a great thing that spring break is coming up so everyone bum out and try to relax for a little bit!

HI Guys

We have all been through some rough times recently, eagerly waiting upon UCSF's decision.

Today, I found out that I was rejected from UCSF. While i was initially VERY upset, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to interview at such a great school.

I wish you all the best for the future.
I will be attending UOP in the fall.

Good Luck to you all and thank you for all the morale support you have provided.
At the end of the day, stuff happens for a reason. I guess it just wasn't in the stars for me to attend UCSF.

Take Care!

Members don't see this ad :)
DavisAggie,

Sorry to hear about your rejection. =( Thankfully UOP was able to see your merits and you will go on to become an excellent pharmacist, I'm sure. I've read your posts on here and thought you were always articulate, enthusiastic, and had a great attitude. It's too bad UCSF couldn't see that. Now that rejection letters are coming though, I'm thinking waiting really isn't so bad.

HI Guys

We have all been through some rough times recently, eagerly waiting upon UCSF's decision.

Today, I found out that I was rejected from UCSF. While i was initially VERY upset, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to interview at such a great school.

Good Luck to you all and thank you for all the morale support you have provided.
At the end of the day, stuff happens for a reason. I guess it just wasn't in the stars for me to attend UCSF.

Take Care!

Sorry to hear that!

P.S. has anyone else heard back from UCSF?

P.P.S. UOP is a good school!! don't be sad! =)

I think it's best if you don't copy&paste correspondence; electronic or paper, onto an online forum. I would paraphrase instead because the readers here did not contact him directly (themselves) nor did they see your initial email, so people may misinterpret information or jump to their own conclusions. Also out of consideration for his (and your own) privacy. Just my .02.

HI Guys

Take Care!

you know... UOP is no consolation prize! it's a great school and definetely very challenging.

Thanks for all the support GUYS!

I am actually content with the decision.
At the end of I am GOING TO PHARMACY SCHOOL! I will achieve my dream of becoming a pharmacist, so it doesn't matter where I go!

And plus, UOP is great! There were my #1 choice because I never thought I had a chance at UCSF!

So I am HAPPY!

THANKS GUYS and GOODLUCK!

At the end of I am GOING TO PHARMACY SCHOOL! I will achieve my dream of becoming a pharmacist, so it doesn't matter where I go!

And plus, UOP is great! There were my #1 choice because I never thought I had a chance at UCSF!

So I am HAPPY!

DavisAggie, I love your attitude! It's so inspiring. :)

So I am HAPPY!

hey, that's the attitude. I wonder if i will be able to have that if i get a rejection letter. Regardless, just remember that the dream doesnt stop here. you may have reached one big goal, but now it's time to set new ones. getting into pharm school is just the first leap into your journey... what you do from here on out is what counts. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully we'll hear great things from you.

and don't think for a second that you didn't have a chance at ucsf. UCSF is a great school, that is certainly true, and the competition may have been quite fierce as well, but that is not to say that you were not qualified to be a ucsf student. what IS a ucsf student? is he or she less qualified than a UOP student? I don't know about that, but don't you ever think you never had a chance because you did. and it's that chance that kept your hopes (mine and everyone's around here) going through the day. some people like to say things like, "aim for the stars and maybe you'll land on the moon." I like that saying, but I'd rather use something more alond the lines of... "reach out for the lemons, but don't be too upset if you pick up limes. you can still make limonade". if ucsf gave you sent you an interview letter it means they saw something in you... and i believe anyone who interviews at ucsf has a chance to be great one day.

when was your interview bugslife?? congrats too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you feel confident about your interview?! =) omg im soooo happy for you!!!!!! =) =):):):):):)

Just got my rejection letter in the mail today. Sucks. I live in San Diego so it just took a little for it to get here. Good luck for everyone who hasn't heard yet!

For those of you who have heard back, could you post when your interview was if possible. Much appreciated!

Hey Fred Durst

Do u go to SDSU? Is ur girlfriend Jackie W?

Its okay! We tried our best right?
Nothing we can do about it! It just wasnt meant to be! If you were closer to Davis, I'd invite you over for a rejection drink! LOL!

Good LUCK TO ALL THO!

Hey Fred Durst

Do u go to SDSU? Is ur girlfriend Jackie W?

Its okay! We tried our best right?
Nothing we can do about it! It just wasnt meant to be! If you were closer to Davis, I'd invite you over for a rejection drink! LOL!

Good LUCK TO ALL THO!

Hey DavisAggie,
I go to UCSD. Yeah that's true, nothing that can be done about it now. It was fun though, and that was my first time in San Francisco so that was cool. A rejection drink for tonight does sound pretty enticing :D.

lol darn this UCSF bs! sending both acceptances and rejections together.
i dont know if i want a letter today or not x_X

so far we have 1 (?) acceptance and 2 rejections....

anyone else hear anything?

I just ran out to the mailbox. I am so anxious and worried. How much longer do we have to wait!:confused:

The waiting is tough, but it's kinda... exciting, don't you think? Perhaps the only thing I look forward to these days is opening the letter (not necessarily the contents though).

The waiting is tough, but it's kinda... exciting, don't you think? Perhaps the only thing I look forward to these days is opening the letter (not necessarily the contents though).

i....suppose thats one way to look at it. it is exciting but only if i get accepted :D

Hey guys

I've been rejected from UCSF. It was pretty much expected since I screwed up on the interview... Well, good luck to rest of you.

I'm surpised no one has posted yet, but they sent out acceptance already. I received mine yesterday and I live around the bay area. Thanks everyone for posting on this site, it really helped.

Congratulations! Our first future P1 :)
This is right around the time I received my letter last year, but I have many classmates who didn't hear back until mid to mid-late March. Plus, Joel said April 1st. :) I really don't think that the date you interview really has anything to do with when you receive a letter. Keep in mind there are several of applicants who have no idea about SDN who have probably been receiving letters, too. Enjoy your weekend, everybody. You'll hear in less than a month!

Yea!
I got my UCSF acceptance today.

Interviewed: Jan. 25
Letter dated: Feb. 27

Good luck to everyone still waiting....I'm sure your letters are coming soon.

I can hardly believe it, but I GOT IN!!!!!!!! :D I am ridiculously happy!

Can't wait to meet you in the fall, Bugslife and gruniongal!

And to everyone else...good luck! I know how scary it is to hold that letter in your hand, not wanting to open it for fear that it's bad news. It took me like an hour to work up the courage, but I'm glad I did!! :)

Yay, UCSF class of 2012!!!

When did you interview cal?

Last year, people started hearing from them around the last week of February and first week of March. However, a good portion of people heard from them during spring break, including waitlisters. I remember on SDN, the letters seemed to have been mailed out in small "batches" as there were two or three SDNers at a time who posted their acceptances. So I guess cross your fingers and start checkin' your mailboxes! But again, if you don't hear from them in the next couple of weeks, all is not lost :luck:

Oh yeah, FYI, acceptance letters (and waitlist/rejection letters I'm sure) come as a normal small envelope...so don't think it's necessarily bad if you don't get a big envelope. Rip the letter open and read it first :)

About housing, I personally would prefer the Avenue houses. It's close to campus and a lot cheaper than finding something else near campus. I don't live in Mission Bay, but I do know it is very nice there. However, in my opinion, I'm really glad that I live relatively close to campus and that I can go home when I need to. I would take advantage of the Avenue houses, but that's just me. If not, there are always people looking for roommates or places up on craigslist (where I found my place).

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you guys next year :D

I actually met Senza at the UCSF interview. She was really sweet :)

When did you interview cal?

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I interviewed on Feb 2nd in the morning session. My acceptance letter was dated Feb 26th, and I received it Feb 29th.

While some of us is waiting for our letters or rej/acceptance, I thought about sharing a few quotes to pass time and help us get our mind elsewhere.

"Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience." - unknown author

"The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence." Jeremiah 17:7
^ (warning: religious quotes hidden in white font. Still meant to be encouraging... REALLY!!!!, but consider yourself advised).

"Always direct your thoughts to those truths that will give you confidence, hope, joy, love, thanksgiving, and turn away your mind from those that inspire you with fear, sadness, depression." Bertrand Wilberforce
and this one, though completely unrelated, is my personal favorite:

"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet, I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever-approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again." Anne Frank

Okay, that's crossing the line. Keep in mind here everyone is not a Christian. You want to see posts that imply Christianity is bull****? That offends you right. Don't try to evangelize on the forums. It offends me and I'm sure other people here.

I know you feel impelled to try and reach out to save "lost" souls, but please remember, everyone does not share your point of view or want to for that matter. No, I'm not an agent of Satan. :scared:

Ask yourself, are you religious because YOU believe it or did you force yourself to become religious because the people you grew up with are religious and you will be looked down for being the aberrant.

Did you join just to bitch?

Okay, that's crossing the line. Keep in mind here everyone is not a Christian. You want to see posts that imply Christianity is bull****? That offends you right. Don't try to evangelize on the forums. It offends me and I'm sure other people here.

I know you feel impelled to try and reach out to save "lost" souls, but please remember, everyone does not share your point of view or want to for that matter. No, I'm not an agent of Satan. :scared:

Ask yourself, are you religious because YOU believe it or did you force yourself to become religious because the people you grew up with are religious and you will be looked down for being the aberrant.

I am not christian either, but in my opinion, he was not crossing a line. In this case, he was not forcing christianity on us and please don't make this thread sway away from the main topic. What does offend me is your questioning of his reasons for being religious.

Will you react the same way when a patient comes to you and says, "God bless your soul" after giving them a consultation?

If you really had a problem with his post, just reply back stating you would like that other posters refrain from posting religious phrases because it makes you feel uncomfortable rather than attacking the individual poster. I'm sure everyone would understand.

So let's just prevent this from going off track....back to UCSF!

Congratulations, guys :)
What, no c/o 2012 facebook group yet? Y'all should set one up!:p

hm.... who said anything about Christianity?

you are entitled to your own opinion. I was hoping to encourage people in this thread in the midst of all the enxiety and tension. some ppl may be christians, others not. I think it is rather naive (for a lack of better words) of you to assume anything that has to do with God in this belief-rich nation is only Christianity related. FYI... the books of Job and Jeremiah are both part of the Tanakh (common in both Judaism and Christianity... two separate religions). furthermore, Muslims and other religions view their God as the same god talked about in the Tanakh. But that's besides the point.

anyway... I feel that it is unfortunate that society has formed such a defensive opinion about christianity (as any other forms of religions). You know... at ucsf (going back to the original topic) you will find ppl that are christians, muslims, Jewish and etc. ucsf, after all, boasts a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY diverse pharmacy class. Is that how you're going to react towards your classmates and patients whenever/if they bring up their personal beliefs to the table in a collaborative, supportive, and informative network? personally, I feel that a certain degree of sensitivity to all forms of religions and cultures are great assets to health care. I would never NEVER turn down quality and professional health care service to a Satan worshiper... or an agent of Satan (even if i am in fact a Christian).

Everyone deserves love, care and respect in this world. Satan worshipers, homosexuals, minority groups (i.e. blacks, asians, etc), Nazis, prison inmates, gangsters, immigrants, agnostics/atheists, Chrsitians, muslims, Hindus and homeless people are not exempt. Don't be that person who judges everyone based on pre-conceived notions. i guarantee that will not make you a better person (or a better health care provider).

I would like to encourage you to use private messaging if you have a problem with anyone in the future. I think that there is a classy way to deal with conflicts. Public retaliation (more commonly known as "putting your dirty laundry out") is really an unpleasant way to deal with personal conflicts with anyone. let us refrain outselves from personal attacks because that closes doors for diplomacy. if you really feel offended by what I wrote, I will be happy to put myself in your shoes, accept that you don't feel comfortable, respect your feelings, and edit my post. have a good day!