UCSF Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cue music: "Why can't we be friends"...

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, that's crossing the line. Keep in mind here everyone is not a Christian. You want to see posts that imply Christianity is bull****? That offends you right. Don't try to evangelize on the forums. It offends me and I'm sure other people here.

I know you feel impelled to try and reach out to save "lost" souls, but please remember, everyone does not share your point of view or want to for that matter. No, I'm not an agent of Satan. :scared:

Ask yourself, are you religious because YOU believe it or did you force yourself to become religious because the people you grew up with are religious and you will be looked down for being the aberrant.

I agree....definitely

You can soothe the waiting process without using quotes that don't relate to all of us

:cool:

Congratulations, guys :)
What, no c/o 2012 facebook group yet? Y'all should set one up!:p

Haha, yah we should! I did start us a "Class of 2012" thread over in the pharmacy forums... :D Those threads never seem to really catch on though, now that they are hosted on the pharmacy part of the site instead of the pre-pharm. But whatever. It's there just in case. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those who have received their acceptance letters! Geez...I can't believe the class of 2012 is about to come in! Way to make us 09-ers feel old! To those who are still waiting, don't worry! I'm sure you're all in good company. :)

I saw something earlier in the thread discussing MB (Mission Bay) vs. 3rd Ave (or Aldea). My two cents:

Bottom line, it's obviously a matter of personal preference. Some people balk at the thought of living more than a walking distance away from school while others prefer to get as far away from school as they reasonably can. As far as the university-owned places near school, you basically choose between Aldea and the 3rd Avenue complex. The 3rd Ave one is very new, and I believe was built by the same contractor who had worked on Mission Bay. Aldea is older, and has kind of a "forest" feel to it; I've heard of people who have both loved and hated it, so I guess to each his (or her) own. :laugh: In any case, it seems that most people who live in the Sunset area end up finding apartments through Craig's List (or even Rent.com).

As for Mission Bay, obviously the biggest down side to it is that it's waay over on the other side of town. But then that's also one of the best things about it, depending on how you look at it. Some people just prefer to get away from campus when they go home and the Mission Bay area is generally warmer than most parts of the city--and is fog-free for the most part! Iin any case, it's about a 20-minute shuttle ride one way (depending on street traffic--and the shuttle driver!! Haha.) If you're the type that likes to go home in between classes, living in the Sunset might be your best bet. The other downside to living in Mission Bay is that the shuttles to and from Parnassus run from about 6:30 in the morning to 9 in the evening and don't operate on weekends, so that makes getting to campus challenging every now and then.

Up until earlier this year, there weren't very many things open around Mission Bay. Now they have a Subway, a Peasant Pie shop with free Wi-Fi, and a Terzetto Cafe right off the Plaza in front of the South building, and there's also the Pub at the Community Center which actually has surprisingly good food (and also has free Wi-Fi, I believe).

The Community Center also houses the illustrious gym which unsurprisingly a lot of you have already heard about. Bakar Fitness Center membership is open to members of the community and last I heard there was some insane waiting list to get in. BUT as students, no waiting list for us! Haha. Seriously though, it is a pretty sweet gym: the cardio machines have individual TVs with cable, there are 2 pools (one indoor and one rooftop pool), a gymnasium that is supposedly suspended from the walls or something, squash courts, and who knows what else. Personally, two of the things that I really value are that the ventilation at Bakar is much, much better than at Milberry Union and they have really good Core Group Fitness Classes. I highly recommend signing up for Premier Membership, which is valid both at Bakar and Milberry! You get unlimited Core classes and towel service for $20!

Other things to know about Mission Bay: they recently reduced the price for parking permits from $100 to $50 for students. The permit lets you park in the monstrous parking structure beside housing; kind of a very good thing if parallel parking isn't really your thing. Also, no having to worry about street cleaning days! Haha. The permit also lets you park at the Parnassus garage after hours and on weekends. As for study places, it seems like the Panera Bread and the Borders on King Street (accessible via shuttle, the Muni, or your own two feet) are popular choices.

In any case, if you are at all even considering living in student housing, just to echo what someone had mentioned in an earlier posting, let Housing know ASAP. I'm pretty sure that there's some sort of waiting list for either Mission Bay or Parnassus housing, a lot of which is dependent on what sort of unit you'd be interested in.

Hope this info helps! :)

how many of us are still waiting for our rejections (or acceptances)?

Thanks, AngelEyes82, for the housing info and for being helpful throughout the application cycle! DavisAggie: Good luck at UOP! Cal687, Bugslife32 and Gruniongal: I look forward to meeting you all in the fall :) Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting :luck:

I am still waiting for my acceptance/rejection! I am not expecting much after my horrible interview. lol.

I'm still waiting too, everyday I go to the mailbox with a lot of anxiety, but it's just credit card offers. Looks like the last mailing they sent out was on a Tuesday, perhaps they do a weekly mailing, which would possibly mean that they did another one today? Good luck to those still waiting!!!

awww heads up mrpatricky! I'm sure we all did fine on our interviews!!! I hope we hear from UCSF soon! =) When did you interview?! ok good luck!!! =) =) =)

i had my interview on 2/2. i am from hawaii so i went to the out of state interview session. i wish everyone else who is waiting good luck. march is such a stressful month!

well at least you get to wait in paradise:):):):) i interviewed on feb. 8th so I'm sure you will hear before I do:):):):) good luck to you and everyone else!!!!:luck:

I'm waiting as well...

Thank you AngelEyes82 for all that great insight... although I too received an acceptance not too long ago to UCSF, I wanted to give the rest of you some hope!!! At my Feb 2nd interview, I met a lot of really cool people and I couldn't find anyone that wasn't stellar in multiple areas. So... my classy friends still awaiting a response, here's hoping you find out soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
well at least you get to wait in paradise:):):):) i interviewed on feb. 8th so I'm sure you will hear before I do:):):):) good luck to you and everyone else!!!!:luck:

hey! i interviewed on the 8th too at....11:30AM? what time was your interview?

is that a real picture of you ...you are super hot.....

hi! no that is not a real picture of me.. its from the miu miu runway show.. hehe =) and i interviewed on feb 8th at 11:30 too!!! cool!!!! =) =) have you heard back yet?!?!?!

no :-(

did you apply to ucsd also? i haven't heard back from them either...

hi!! I did apply to UCSD but i wasn't accepted =( I hope you hear back from them soon!!!! =) =) good luck!!!!!

for SF, i wouldn't worry yet; acceptances keep coming through next week (according to the last two years)

I just got into UCSF!!!!!!! I am so happy that I have been blessed with this oppurtunity to study pharmacy at the best school in the nation! :):):)

For those of you still waiting, I know how it feels. Everyday I was calling home around the time the mail comes... waiting, waiting, waiting. I checked the forum like 50000000 times a day too. Finally, this week I choose to try calming down a bit and not to let my aniexty take over my life. AND, finally I got my letter!

Stay as calm as you can if you are still waiting. I know what you are feeling, try to make the best of it! :luck: soon, you will know too and we'll all look back at March 2008 and say... "that was the most stressful time of my life!"

good luck to you all, and UCSF here I come!!!!!!!!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I just got into UCSF!!!!!!! I am so happy that I have been blessed with this oppurtunity to study pharmacy at the best school in the nation! :):):)

For those of you still waiting, I know how it feels. Everyday I was calling home around the time the mail comes... waiting, waiting, waiting. I checked the forum like 50000000 times a day too. Finally, this week I choose to try calming down a bit and not to let my aniexty take over my life. AND, finally I got my letter!

Stay as calm as you can if you are still waiting. I know what you are feeling, try to make the best of it! :luck: soon, you will know too and we'll all look back at March 2008 and say... "that was the most stressful time of my life!"

good luck to you all, and UCSF here I come!!!!!!!!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Congratulations!!
I wish I will get mine soon.... but... I am still anxiously waiting and waiting and waiting....
Would you mind telling us when you interviewed? Thanks!

When was your interview? Oh and congrats!

...and we'll all look back at March 2008 and say... "that was the most stressful time of my life!"

Haha yeah wait until you're actually here. Then you'll be saying everyday is the most stressful time of your life :p Congrats, can't wait to meet everyone in the fall!

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!! I wish you the BEST of luck SDNers!

I interviewed on Feb 8th at 11:30am!

much love! :D:D:D:D:D

ps.... Zwigglez: I dont know if i can handle the future stress, ahhh!

for SF, i wouldn't worry yet; acceptances keep coming through next week (according to the last two years)

I was hearing that letters will keep being sent out till the end of March (at least according to the application workshop I went to back in October--was it THAT long ago???)

Wow. I'm accepted! I have no idea of what to do with myself.

I'm going to have to figure a lot of stuff out and take four classes over the summer for pre-reqs, but right now I'm just very happy. I completely changed my career goals last spring, and I wasn't sure whether it was going to work out or not, and I'm amazed that it's working out so well.

For the record, I interviewed 2/2 and am out-of-state.

Congratulations to everyone accepted so far!

Out of state receiving acceptances... this is most certainly disheartening for California residents.

The wait is incredibly agonizing. How's everyone doing?

I was hearing that letters will keep being sent out till the end of March (at least according to the application workshop I went to back in October--was it THAT long ago???)

letters will be sent by April 1st (from what i remember). i ddin't go to that workshop, im' just loosely basing this on previous years' posts.

but we're saying essentially the same thing. which is dont worry(yet). be happy :)

Congratulations to everyone accepted so far!

Out of state receiving acceptances... this is most certainly disheartening for California residents.

The wait is incredibly agonizing. How's everyone doing?

ditto on the wait.

i wish they would just send everything in one single batch on a particular week. That way I wouldnt be calling my brother everyday in the morning at 11:30AM to check the mailbox.

T_T

Just got my acceptance yesterday!!

Glad the wait is over.. good luck all and hopefully I'll be seeing some of the folks I met at the interview this fall!

(interviewed with the out of state group on Feb. 2nd)

Hey dt30! I think I totally talked to you (or someone else from Boulder) after we had finished interviewing (I was the girl from Colorado with the short reddish-brown hair). Anyhow, I will likely see you around eventually. Congrats!

if you don't mind me asking.. when did he interview?! thanks for the info!!!!:):):)

it's so strange to me how ucsf sends out its acceptances. do these acceptances people receiving have different dates? which means every few days the school decides to send out a couple of letters just for the heck of it?

i interviewed on 1/25 and haven't received anything and this has led me to believe that i didn't make it (not a big deal because i've decided to attend another school). it is just bothering me because my dad wants me to attend ucsf (for the bragging rights :thumbdown:) and bothers me everyday about it.

who else just wants this whole waiting to over with so that they can move on?!

o wow.. i interviewed 2/8 and still have not heard anything.. the process is "random" they said and everyone will receive their acceptance/rejection letters before april 1st...

As far as I can tell (from seeing the adcom around), they distribute your applications after your interview to the reviewers for a final look through and send out admissions based on the final assessment. Once the reviewer gets a stack of applications, they have 24 hours to review them and I'm think it's random as to whose applications get reviewed at what time. Take this with a grain of salt though because I am just a first year, so I'm not privy to the whole process yet :) But I wouldn't worry if you interviewed early and haven't heard back yet. Think positively!

awww thanks sooo much!!!!! you are really sweet Zwigglez =):):):)

Hey dt30! I think I totally talked to you (or someone else from Boulder) after we had finished interviewing (I was the girl from Colorado with the short reddish-brown hair). Anyhow, I will likely see you around eventually. Congrats!

Hi!

Yes that was me, I remember we got to talk right before rushing off for the tour. Congratulations and I'll be seeing you this fall!

Finally, there is one person interviewed on 2/15 has been accepted.
Congratulations!! (Choylifut, I know that person is your friend, I am just happy for anybody who made it into UCSF. I wish that I will receive that same letter this week.:laugh::laugh::laugh:)
Let's hope for the best!!!

does anyone know how many people have a;ready been accepted?!

AHH...Mail comes at 4:10 could these minutes get any longer!!

I can't believe it.......The mailman is still not here yet. I don't get it, in over a year he has never been late. LOL....figures.

The wait is a killer....nothing came in the mail today either so dont feel bad...itll get here eventually

Just got it....nothing came. Oh well.........21hrs and 55min until it comes tomorrow.

Good Luck to everyone.