UCVM/WCVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too!!! DM if you want to connect on Facebook? We can make an unofficial group chat for the class.

hey guys! I also got in to UCVM this year. If you’re making a FB group/chat, do you mind adding me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, hope you're staying safe!

My friend asked me this and I didn't know the answer so I thought I'd ask it here. For WCVM, does the admission process take into account the 'academic rigour' of your electives/major? Are people with an Arts major competitive in the admission process, or would they be disadvantaged for not having scientific electives? I know the applicant manual says there are no 'preferred' electives, but it also says that "Courses included in the overall and best full year average calculations must be appropriate or aligned with an applicant’s year of university and program. For example, upper-year students should be taking predominantly third- and fourth-year courses as opposed to introductory-level courses". Does that mean they do give weight to the applicant's electives or major?

Hey all, hope you're staying safe!

My friend asked me this and I didn't know the answer so I thought I'd ask it here. For WCVM, does the admission process take into account the 'academic rigour' of your electives/major? Are people with an Arts major competitive in the admission process, or would they be disadvantaged for not having scientific electives? I know the applicant manual says there are no 'preferred' electives, but it also says that "Courses included in the overall and best full year average calculations must be appropriate or aligned with an applicant’s year of university and program. For example, upper-year students should be taking predominantly third- and fourth-year courses as opposed to introductory-level courses". Does that mean they do give weight to the applicant's electives or major?
No, unless it has changed since I applied. Everyone still needs the same prereqs, whatever else you take is up to you. They recommend you have at least 1 semester of 5 courses, and a full year of minimum 4 courses a semester. The rules get stricter if you are trying to drop an earlier year of university grades from the calculation.

I took a heck of a lot of fluff classes to get my GPA high enough to interview. It wasn’t held against me. :)

No, unless it has changed since I applied. Everyone still needs the same prereqs, whatever else you take is up to you. They recommend you have at least 1 semester of 5 courses, and a full year of minimum 4 courses a semester. The rules get stricter if you are trying to drop an earlier year of university grades from the calculation.

I took a heck of a lot of fluff classes to get my GPA high enough to interview. It wasn’t held against me. :)

Good to know; thank you! (Also: I love your username)

Hi everyone,
Im new to this community but I want to apply to UCVM this upcoming year! I believe I have a 3.95 GPA for my last four semesters with 4 or more courses per term. But I am very very bad at MMI as I have previously applied to dentistry program at the UofA and got rejected due to low MMI. Since UCVM values MMI at 45% and essay at 20%, Im kinda scared that I probably wont be able to get accepted because Im bad at MMI in general.

I was wondering where could I get help with my MMI or if anyone who will be applying or any current vet student is willing to help me practice my MMI as time is closer?

thank you guys

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,
people who will receive an interview invite from UCVM are required to write the Capser test on March 2, 2021. Im planning on writting a casper for another praogam in canada in oct 2020, which is this week, but theres no option for me to also send this casper score to the UCVM program. Does anyone know if they will end up using my oct 2020 Casper score or will I required to write another Casper test on March 2, 2021? But the casper website stated that I can only write the casper test once per cycle, so Im very confused and UofC doesnt answer their emails.
thanks