UF c/o 2014... It Begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview is on Jan. 29th!!! I applied for the Orlando campus...to be closer to home!

Congrats! When did you get your invite? And do you mind sharing stats?! Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

i submitted the appl. and got it. thank you very much!!!!!

No problem :)

Did anyone else list St Pete as their first choice? I did because of family (I have elderly/sick family nearby) but I'm not sure if that qualifies me. I made a point to mention that I would attend another campus if they took an interest in my app.

No problem :)

Did anyone else list St Pete as their first choice? I did because of family (I have elderly/sick family nearby) but I'm not sure if that qualifies me. I made a point to mention that I would attend another campus if they took an interest in my app.
I believe you will get St pete as your first choice. Family matter is the most compelling reason. I was in the same boat as you last year, and I wrote that my relative lives in St Pete and I don't want to go to a place without knowing anybody. I got interview and accepted at St Pete.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe you will get St pete as your first choice. Family matter is the most compelling reason. I was in the same boat as you last year, and I wrote that my relative lives in St Pete and I don't want to go to a place without knowing anybody. I got interview and accepted at St Pete.

Thanks that's good to know! My maternal grandparents live in between St Pete and Gville, but my great-aunt, uncles, and cousins live right by St Pete so I would be close to everyone if I were interviewed at that campus and accepted. I ranked Gville second just in case the distance campuses are more competitive. I finished my supplemental yesterday but I didn't want to submit without anyone proofreading it so I am a little late. = (

I wonder if not many people put Orlando, I should have put Orlando lol. I put Gainesville and said that being the main campus I would get the chance to see/be exposed to the greatest variety of things.

But I would be so happy to be anywhere if it means getting into the school. Can I take your interview spot? ;)

lol, ill give you my orlando if you get an interview in gville!
i know i should be happy - and I am...but Orlando is not what i wanted....especially being in Gainesville for the past 4 years, its hard to leave this kind of atmosphere...if the petition doesnt work, i probably will end up at nova - also not my first choice, but at least its more of a campus atmosphere

lol, ill give you my orlando if you get an interview in gville!
i know i should be happy - and I am...but Orlando is not what i wanted....especially being in Gainesville for the past 4 years, its hard to leave this kind of atmosphere...if the petition doesnt work, i probably will end up at nova - also not my first choice, but at least its more of a campus atmosphere

Do you think that the distance campuses are a lot different as far as the atmosphere? It seemed to me that the students stick together and they still have organizations and meetings and all that stuff you would get on the main campus? I was just wondering because initially I thought that you wanted to stay in Gville because you are already established there, etc, and you would have to relocated to Orlando, but since you said you would go to Nova it made me curious. I go to Nova now for a master's program but I know people in the pharmacy, dental, and DO program. I don't really think it has much of a college atmosphere either as far as comparing it with something like Gville or Tallahassee. I felt like UM even had more of a college atmosphere, but I think it is because graduate or professional schools have generally older people and they're smaller/more exclusive. I didn't apply to Nova because it's rather expensive and has a high cost of living (at least for me anyway). I did also apply to a private school but it is out of state. Anyway I was just wondering because UF is such a great and affordable school, and you have such a great chance of being accepted.

I also ranked St. Pete. as I my first choice cause its closer to home and I support my family. I ranked Gville as my second and Orlando as my third. I really only want the St. Pete campus but chose the other two as backups...

I also ranked St. Pete. as I my first choice cause its closer to home and I support my family. I ranked Gville as my second and Orlando as my third. I really only want the St. Pete campus but chose the other two as backups...

Me too! I ranked that same order but I also added Jacksonville as 4th.

Do you think that the distance campuses are a lot different as far as the atmosphere? It seemed to me that the students stick together and they still have organizations and meetings and all that stuff you would get on the main campus? I was just wondering because initially I thought that you wanted to stay in Gville because you are already established there, etc, and you would have to relocated to Orlando, but since you said you would go to Nova it made me curious. I go to Nova now for a master's program but I know people in the pharmacy, dental, and DO program. I don't really think it has much of a college atmosphere either as far as comparing it with something like Gville or Tallahassee. I felt like UM even had more of a college atmosphere, but I think it is because graduate or professional schools have generally older people and they're smaller/more exclusive. I didn't apply to Nova because it's rather expensive and has a high cost of living (at least for me anyway). I did also apply to a private school but it is out of state. Anyway I was just wondering because UF is such a great and affordable school, and you have such a great chance of being accepted.

From what I've read on these types of forums, it seems like the Orlando campus is very remote. I simply put it as my second choice because i thought we had to at least rank two - and i preferred orlando to st. pete or jacksonville. I know that no matter where i go, it will be hard to replicate my experience at UF....however, I really want the opportunity to go to a "real" campus everday, go to lectures, get involved...etc. Plus, i literally live about 10-15 minutes away from Nova and know no one in orlando....I love UF's program, and it is a lot cheaper than Nova...but I also have to think about where I would be happiest although I'm sure it would not be the end of the world if I did move to Orlando. I really do have a lot of thinking to do...my interview is still a few weeks away so I don't even know if i've gotten into UF yet! lol...but im working on my campus petition as we speak trying to find 'compelling' reasons to stay in gville

You should not worry too much. One of my friends was accepted to the Gainesville campus and sent a transfer request to get moved to the St. Pete campus, because he wanted to live with his girlfriend. I think it should work the other way too. I'm trying to move back to Gainesville, because I want to do the PharmD/PhD program, get familiar with the facilities and staff as well as get into organizations. Also, I work at Shands and am typing this message from the hospital as we speak, lol. Since my girlfriend is up here, too, it will be very beneficial for me to move back since I did my undergrad here. So don't be alarmed, because you can still transfer if you have to do a year at a distant campus.

Thanks for the info - I actually didn't know that...I thought once you were at a campus, you basically had to stay there unless you got into a joint degree program. What campus do you go to now? Did you ever petition to stay in Gainesville or know anyone who has? I'm trying to find anyone that has been in my shoes. I'm really involved on this campus already (I'm in a co-ed frat, I do research through my college, etc) also, my boyfriend has offered to let me live in his condo for just the price of utilities if I do stay here - which would definitely lessen the financial burden considering how many loans i will be taking out. I'm trying to hit all of those points in my petition, it's just hard to know what exactly is a "compelling reason" - especially since I don't have any family nearby.

Oh okay well those reasons do sound pretty compelling to me, but I guess because UF allows for a 'brief' explanation on the supplemental it's kind of hard to get a feel for everything. I always thought that it would be easier for UF students to get the main campus since they're already there and involved, etc.

I know how you feel about the boyfriend thing. My boyfriend actually already lived with me in Miami and in Plantation (I'm sure you know where that is if you're from Broward :)) so it's going to be hard if I get accepted to any of the schools I applied to. I didn't apply to PBA or Nova so I would basically be leaving south Florida and living alone again with all the bills, but I think it would give a fresh start to focus on school if I'm stuck home alone all the time LOL.

I ranked Gainesville second because I want to be involved in the things that you described, but more of my family is closer to St Pete and some of them are getting very old and not doing so well... so I'd prefer to spend time with them in case anything happens. They say that the distance campuses have their own student clubs and stuff so that would be good.

At least the tuition at Nova would kind of balance out if you got to live at home. I'm sure utilities in UF would not be much, but you would probably also save on food and other things your parents might help you with.

From my experience its difficult to transfer to Gainesville b/c lots of people want to go there. You can transfer between schools between years...we have someone who transferred from Jax to Orl between semesters so its possible.

I wouldnt worry about not being "on campus" ...half the time our taped lectures are to a near-empty Gainesville classroom. Lots of the Gainesville people will stay at home and watch lectures, and there are plenty of opportunities to meet your fellow classmates at the distance campuses. I love choosing when to watch the lectures because I can watch 2 in a row of the same material, or save new material until after I take an exam on the old stuff, or even watch a lecture the next day and focus on studying for an exam I need to take.

Just get in first! Then make an issue about the campus....

Members don't see this ad :)
omg I got an interview offer too for the 29th!!!! I couldn't believe it. Sooooooooo happy. Maybe I can really trade ya G. for Orlando because as much as I would love to be in G. I'm nervous about leaving home (Orlando).

Just received my invitation for an interview Jan 29th! I CANNOT wait! I am so excited!

Last edited:
From what I've read on these types of forums, it seems like the Orlando campus is very remote. I simply put it as my second choice because i thought we had to at least rank two - and i preferred orlando to st. pete or jacksonville. I know that no matter where i go, it will be hard to replicate my experience at UF....however, I really want the opportunity to go to a "real" campus everday, go to lectures, get involved...etc. Plus, i literally live about 10-15 minutes away from Nova and know no one in orlando....I love UF's program, and it is a lot cheaper than Nova...but I also have to think about where I would be happiest although I'm sure it would not be the end of the world if I did move to Orlando. I really do have a lot of thinking to do...my interview is still a few weeks away so I don't even know if i've gotten into UF yet! lol...but im working on my campus petition as we speak trying to find 'compelling' reasons to stay in gville

Hey - my name is Chris and I'm currently an Orlando 1st year student. I was in exactly the same boat with regards to campus choice. I spent 3 years as an undergrad in Gainesville, put it down as my first choice...got my interview letter, got all excited and then it said Orlando campus. I'll admit, at first, it was a real downer.

You're exactly right that no matter where you go, whether it be a distance campus such as Orlando/St. Pete/Jacksonville..or another school such as LECOM or Nova, it'll be difficult to replicate your UF experience. I will say one thing though...after spending about 8 months here at our small campus, I probably wouldn't go back to Gainesville. Don't get me wrong. I love Gainesville and definitely didn't want to move out...and personally, I'm not a big fan of the campus here in Orlando, but my class of 60ish students here at the Orlando campus are very tight. Going to a smaller campus, you get to form bonds with the other students, become very close, etc., which enhances the overall experience. Essentially every 1PD @ Orlando knows each other, hangs out with each other, and it's a very tight knit community. That's not to say that you can't get that at Gainesville, but there are 3x as many students at Gainesville so it's hard to get to know everyone. --- So I wouldn't necessarily shut out Orlando campus - it may seem like something remote (and the campus definitely is...), but it definitely grows on you. I wouldn't change it now.

For everyone else....

Whether you choose Gainesville, Jacksonville, St. Pete, or Orlando as your first choice doesn't necessarily have any impact on whether you are accepted to the University. The Admissions Committee, from what I hear, looks at your application, judges it, accepts you. Then they look at your campus choice and decide where to place you. If you chose a distance campus (STP/JAX/ORL) as your first choice, you more than likely will get choice. If you chose Gainesville...it's a little more difficult. As you can see from above, even if you chose it, it doesn't necessarily mean you will get it.

As far as transferring between campuses is concerned -- it is easier to transfer from Gainesville to a distance campus. It is very difficult to transfer from a distance campus to Gainesville, but it has been done before. I'm not exactly sure what the committee deems as a "compelling" argument, because I thought my reasons for choosing Gainesville were compelling -- great university atmosphere, want to actually attend live lectures, which will make me more engaged in the material, etc. -- Come to find out later that I probably wouldn'tve attended the lectures (way too early for me to crawl out of bed at 730), and viewing them online is way more convenient anyway. So -- if you want to transfer to Gainesville, you need to find some VERY compelling reason to transfer. It IS possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Hey - my name is Chris and I'm currently an Orlando 1st year student. I was in exactly the same boat with regards to campus choice. I spent 3 years as an undergrad in Gainesville, put it down as my first choice...got my interview letter, got all excited and then it said Orlando campus. I'll admit, at first, it was a real downer.

You're exactly right that no matter where you go, whether it be a distance campus such as Orlando/St. Pete/Jacksonville..or another school such as LECOM or Nova, it'll be difficult to replicate your UF experience. I will say one thing though...after spending about 8 months here at our small campus, I probably wouldn't go back to Gainesville. Don't get me wrong. I love Gainesville and definitely didn't want to move out...and personally, I'm not a big fan of the campus here in Orlando, but my class of 60ish students here at the Orlando campus are very tight. Going to a smaller campus, you get to form bonds with the other students, become very close, etc., which enhances the overall experience. Essentially every 1PD @ Orlando knows each other, hangs out with each other, and it's a very tight knit community. That's not to say that you can't get that at Gainesville, but there are 3x as many students at Gainesville so it's hard to get to know everyone. --- So I wouldn't necessarily shut out Orlando campus - it may seem like something remote (and the campus definitely is...), but it definitely grows on you. I wouldn't change it now.

For everyone else....

Whether you choose Gainesville, Jacksonville, St. Pete, or Orlando as your first choice doesn't necessarily have any impact on whether you are accepted to the University. The Admissions Committee, from what I hear, looks at your application, judges it, accepts you. Then they look at your campus choice and decide where to place you. If you chose a distance campus (STP/JAX/ORL) as your first choice, you more than likely will get choice. If you chose Gainesville...it's a little more difficult. As you can see from above, even if you chose it, it doesn't necessarily mean you will get it.

As far as transferring between campuses is concerned -- it is easier to transfer from Gainesville to a distance campus. It is very difficult to transfer from a distance campus to Gainesville, but it has been done before. I'm not exactly sure what the committee deems as a "compelling" argument, because I thought my reasons for choosing Gainesville were compelling -- great university atmosphere, want to actually attend live lectures, which will make me more engaged in the material, etc. -- Come to find out later that I probably wouldn'tve attended the lectures (way too early for me to crawl out of bed at 730), and viewing them online is way more convenient anyway. So -- if you want to transfer to Gainesville, you need to find some VERY compelling reason to transfer. It IS possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Thanks sooo much for the info, its really nice to get some information from someone who was in my position. I submitted my petition to Dr. McKenzie on Monday and still waiting to hear about it but I've been thinking about what I would do if it doesn't work out and I'm thinking it may not be so bad to go to Orlando - for the reasons you stated, being close, making new friends, etc. My interview is exactly 2 weeks away (and ironically, im going to Orlando afterwards to go to Disney lol), so for now I'll try to focus more on a successful interview and actually getting in. Thanks to everyone who was able to shed some light on this! :)

oops I got so excited reading the email that I didn't realize that I got Orlando too.

Does anyone know about how strict they are with the pre-required classes? Pharmcas says you need pre-calculus and I just took college algebra and calculus. And it says you need 9 hours of humanities. And I have two humanities classes. Not sure how you can get 9 hours and what classes exactly count. I emailed the lady there but since Monday is a holiday it will be a while till I get a response so maybe I can get a quicker one on here.;)

Thanks sooo much for the info, its really nice to get some information from someone who was in my position. I submitted my petition to Dr. McKenzie on Monday and still waiting to hear about it but I've been thinking about what I would do if it doesn't work out and I'm thinking it may not be so bad to go to Orlando - for the reasons you stated, being close, making new friends, etc. My interview is exactly 2 weeks away (and ironically, im going to Orlando afterwards to go to Disney lol), so for now I'll try to focus more on a successful interview and actually getting in. Thanks to everyone who was able to shed some light on this! :)

DISNEY WORLD YEAH! lol

I love that commercial from a few years ago with the two babies in the hospital and they're like... "Wait... where are we???" and the other baby is like "It looks like we're in Florida" and they're all like "Yeahhhh we're goin to Disney World!!!!" :laugh:

Sorry I know that was lame... but I love Disney World. LOL

oops I got so excited reading the email that I didn't realize that I got Orlando too.

Does anyone know about how strict they are with the pre-required classes? Pharmcas says you need pre-calculus and I just took college algebra and calculus. And it says you need 9 hours of humanities. And I have two humanities classes. Not sure how you can get 9 hours and what classes exactly count. I emailed the lady there but since Monday is a holiday it will be a while till I get a response so maybe I can get a quicker one on here.;)

I never really looked at what PharmCAS picked as pre-requisite classes. Each school is unique and on their website lists what classes you need to take, and if you are missing any, they can rescind their offer of admission, so just make sure you have them done by the end of summer. The math requirement for UF College of Pharmacy is one semester of Calculus I. (MAC #311).

For other UF requirements, check out this http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/admission.pdf - it has a list of what classes are required for you to take. For some reason it doesn't list English, economics, etc. Perhaps they removed those requirements, but when I applied you needed at least 1 semester of economics.

I have a paper that was given to us at the Pharmacy open house back in November. It doesn't say anything on there about humanities for the pre-professional requirements....just chem, bio,physics, math (and it only says MAC2311- Calculus). It does say you need to have at least an AA/completed your General Education requirements though, which I thought included 6 credits of Humanities for the State of Florida? (UF changed their definition of "Humanities" to "Diversity/International" so I've been confused ever since! lol)
Just to be 100% sure, wait until you get a response from the school.

I have a paper that was given to us at the Pharmacy open house back in November. It doesn't say anything on there about humanities for the pre-professional requirements....just chem, bio,physics, math (and it only says MAC2311- Calculus). It does say you need to have at least an AA/completed your General Education requirements though, which I thought included 6 credits of Humanities for the State of Florida? (UF changed their definition of "Humanities" to "Diversity/International" so I've been confused ever since! lol)
Just to be 100% sure, wait until you get a response from the school.

Hrm, I'm guessing then that the Pre-Professional requirements are just what classes are needed to get into Pharmacy, ASIDE from what is required for your general education requirements. Humanities at UF is still humanities. What they changed was the International credit...they split that into International and Diversity. To obtain an AA degree, you need to complete your GenEd requirements, which include 9 credits of Humanities, 3 International, 3 Diversity, 3 Composition, 6 Math, 9 Physical Science, 9 Biological Science, and 9 Social/Behavioral Science.

So you're right, those are still requirements to get into UF, as you need them for the AA degree. But I agree, wait for an official response from the school. I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

OH! And if you go to UF...make sure you apply to receive your AA degree. There's actually some application process that I didn't know about until like a month after the deadline passed. It's the degree application thing on ISIS, so don't forget!

Hrm, I'm guessing then that the Pre-Professional requirements are just what classes are needed to get into Pharmacy, ASIDE from what is required for your general education requirements. Humanities at UF is still humanities. What they changed was the International credit...they split that into International and Diversity. To obtain an AA degree, you need to complete your GenEd requirements, which include 9 credits of Humanities, 3 International, 3 Diversity, 3 Composition, 6 Math, 9 Physical Science, 9 Biological Science, and 9 Social/Behavioral Science.

So you're right, those are still requirements to get into UF, as you need them for the AA degree. But I agree, wait for an official response from the school. I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

OH! And if you go to UF...make sure you apply to receive your AA degree. There's actually some application process that I didn't know about until like a month after the deadline passed. It's the degree application thing on ISIS, so don't forget!

Haha apparently I'm very lost regarding this topic, I just look at my degree audit and it tells me what classes I need to take lol. But yea, I go to UF...I never applied to get an AA, but I'm getting a Bachelor's in May and I applied for graduation on ISIS last week....I should be okay with that right?

Haha apparently I'm very lost regarding this topic, I just look at my degree audit and it tells me what classes I need to take lol. But yea, I go to UF...I never applied to get an AA, but I'm getting a Bachelor's in May and I applied for graduation on ISIS last week....I should be okay with that right?

That confused me too. I don't go to UF but I went to another school in Florida that only grants bachelor's degrees. That is all I have... so is that something that UF just requires of their students in particular or maybe a student who is only completing 2 years of pre-reqs?

Hey guys, I heard something about if you go to UF and you scored around a 70% with a 3.0 GPA, you will likely get an interview. The key to this is if you go to UF.

What about if you don't go to UF? My parents and I are Florida residents but I went to UM... do they look at other Florida schools similarly?

What about if you don't go to UF? My parents and I are Florida residents but I went to UM... do they look at other Florida schools similarly?

The recruiter told me that they are more lenient with PCAT scores/GPA specifically for UF students since they know how hard the classes are here, etc. However, if you went to school in-state, I'm pretty sure they are still more lenient than with out-of-state students since its a public school. It really all depends on the applicant pool every year though.

Ahhh. My bad. Yes, if you're getting your bachelor's degree, you should be perfectly fine.

If you're simply completing the 2 years of undergrad (will not have a Bachelor's degree) then you should apply to receive an AA degree from your school if it offers one (if not, then I don't believe you'd be required to have one).

With regards to GPA and PCAT, I don't believe that was specific toward UF students. Generally, in state students have a better chance than out of state. I believe someone had posted before that for In-State what they want you have is PCAT ~80 / GPA 3.2 and out of state they want PCAT ~90% / GPA 3.5.... From what I've heard, however, we haven't had as many applicants as in previous years, so right now the numbers are PCAT ~70% / GPA 3.0 --- I believe that would only be for in state, I'd assume the out of state would still be slightly higher than that. So if you're in state and you have at least 70% with a 3.0, you chances of an interview are pretty good right now. ...As the deadline approaches and more and more people start submitting their applications, this may change, but we'll see!

hey, I am an outstate applicant getting a BS in biomedical science, GPA3.5 overall however had only 77 percentile in pcat. ANY CHANCE OF acceptance?
I was so stressed of being waitlisted by BUFFALO.

anyone received a interview after January 29? what date is the next round of interview? How many outstate will actually be accepted; I check the statistic in pharmcas, it is only 6! is that true?

anyone received a interview after January 29? what date is the next round of interview? How many outstate will actually be accepted; I check the statistic in pharmcas, it is only 6! is that true?

There are definitely interviews after January 29. Typically the next round of interviews start in March and go through April. The specific dates have no been released yet. Check http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/ from time to time to see if they've been released.

As far as out-of-state applicants go, typically only 2% of UFs incoming class are out-of-state, which is why out-of-state applicants need to be extremely competitive in terms of their GPA/PCAT/extracurriculars. Your GPA is pretty good, but PCAT is a little lower than what they "expect" from out-of-state. Typically, out-of-state is usually 3.5 GPA and a 90% PCAT. However, since applicants this year seem to be a little sub-standard than previous years, I'm not exactly sure. Hopefully you've got some really got extracurriculars.

cmg6588, Thanks. The only reason leads to lower PCAT just because I got low score in verbal and reading since I am an immigrant. Hopefully my hospital volunteer experience and working experience in pharmacy could help me to get a shot.

To those of you who have interviews scheduled for tomorrow -- good luck :luck:

You'll do fine. Just relax, get a good night's sleep tonight...and it'll all be over before you know it.

I wonder if not many people put Orlando, I should have put Orlando lol. I put Gainesville and said that being the main campus I would get the chance to see/be exposed to the greatest variety of things.

But I would be so happy to be anywhere if it means getting into the school. Can I take your interview spot? ;)
I have a friend who was in the same position(except he put orlando first, gville second, but changed his mind afterwards). He emailed Dean Mckenzie, who said too bad so sad, basically.
But he kept asking and the Dean finally told him that they would let him into the Gainesville campus. Just keep trying, what he said doesn't make much sense as far as the 'reason' to holding you on another campus.
Ask again, maybe even try calling him. tell him you have your lease set up for next year already or that it would be financially stressful to move...

I have a friend who was in the same position(except he put orlando first, gville second, but changed his mind afterwards). He emailed Dean Mckenzie, who said too bad so sad, basically.
But he kept asking and the Dean finally told him that they would let him into the Gainesville campus. Just keep trying, what he said doesn't make much sense as far as the 'reason' to holding you on another campus.
Ask again, maybe even try calling him. tell him you have your lease set up for next year already or that it would be financially stressful to move...
As a UF student, I am dissapointed that you are telling a pre-pharm student to get around the system. When they are accepted to the program, they are given the choice of moving to the assigned campus or not attending UF. The reason they are placed at their 2nd choice because the first choice (usually Gainesville) is full. Basically it is the denial for the first choice campus. It is unfair for the student who was rejected or waitlist. That's spot should have been given to them. If student decides to do MBA/pharmD, then that would be a different story because MBA only is offered at Gainesville.
I strongly suggest campus transfer only if you have difficulty in studying due to staff or facilities. If you transfer just because you want to be close to home, please grow up and take responsibility of what you did. You make the decision when the letter comes, nobody forces you.

As a UF student, I am dissapointed that you are telling a pre-pharm student to get around the system. When they are accepted to the program, they are given the choice of moving to the assigned campus or not attending UF. The reason they are placed at their 2nd choice because the first choice (usually Gainesville) is full. Basically it is the denial for the first choice campus. It is unfair for the student who was rejected or waitlist. That's spot should have been given to them. If student decides to do MBA/pharmD, then that would be a different story because MBA only is offered at Gainesville.
I strongly suggest campus transfer only if you have difficulty in studying due to staff or facilities. If you transfer just because you want to be close to home, please grow up and take responsibility of what you did. You make the decision when the letter comes, nobody forces you.

I highly doubt the gainesville campus is full already considering the first interview is tomorrow. But, Dr. Mckenzie told me that the campus selection has no bearing on your invitation for interview/acceptance. And basically I was randomized to Orlando (and I did put Gainesville first, and Orlando second).

Copy directed from COP website. Invites letter should be coming soon.......

Fall 2010 Interview Dates

GAINESVILLE CAMPUS
  • Friday, January 29, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
  • Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
  • Friday, April 16, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
  • Friday, June 4, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
JACKSONVILLE CAMPUS
  • Friday, April 9, 2010, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
  • Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
ORLANDO CAMPUS
  • Friday, March 19, 2010, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
  • Friday, April 9, 2010, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
ST. PETERSBURG CAMPUS
  • Monday, March 22, 2010, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
  • Monday, April 12, 2010, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

I highly doubt the gainesville campus is full already considering the first interview is tomorrow. But, Dr. Mckenzie told me that the campus selection has no bearing on your invitation for interview/acceptance. And basically I was randomized to Orlando (and I did put Gainesville first, and Orlando second).

Quite right. You are "accepted" by the admissions committee before they even see how you ranked your campuses. Then they look at your campus selections. I'm assuming every time the admissions committee gets together to look at students, they only accept a certain amount of students to the Gainesville campus that round. So if Gainesville was "full" then you basically get your second choice. When I received my interview letter for Orlando, there was no way that Gainesville had been completely filled. People received Gainesville interviews after I received my acceptance letter, but no big deal.

A general comment for everyone:
If you chose Gainesville as your first choice and did not get it, if you have a decent reason to need Gainesville, then I suggest you contact the college. And by decent, I mean a very pressing reason. If you keep pushing and pushing for a reason that is not really acceptable, it shows a lack of professionalism on your part, and you'll quickly find out that the COP is all about professionalism. If they will not change your campus, accept it, move on, and then realize that whatever campus you're at is better than Gainesville anyway.

Quite right. You are "accepted" by the admissions committee before they even see how you ranked your campuses. Then they look at your campus selections. I'm assuming every time the admissions committee gets together to look at students, they only accept a certain amount of students to the Gainesville campus that round. So if Gainesville was "full" then you basically get your second choice. When I received my interview letter for Orlando, there was no way that Gainesville had been completely filled. People received Gainesville interviews after I received my acceptance letter, but no big deal.

A general comment for everyone:
If you chose Gainesville as your first choice and did not get it, if you have a decent reason to need Gainesville, then I suggest you contact the college. And by decent, I mean a very pressing reason. If you keep pushing and pushing for a reason that is not really acceptable, it shows a lack of professionalism on your part, and you'll quickly find out that the COP is all about professionalism. If they will not change your campus, accept it, move on, and then realize that whatever campus you're at is better than Gainesville anyway.

I totally agree. I kind of think it's really unprofessional to keep pushing and pushing them to change it. If I had to guess, a large majority of accepted students in pharmacy have to relocate to another city or even another part of the country. I don't really think they're going to be that sympathetic when there are qualified students willing to come from 100's of miles to whatever campus they're placed at. I totally understand the feelings of having to pack up and leave boyfriends, best friends, jobs, apartments, everything you came to know and love while in college, but if pharmacy is what you really want to do, and you really want your education from UF then that is what a lot of people have to do. If I get accepted to any pharmacy school I'm going to have to leave my boyfriend of 3 years, parents, undergrad, home, job, etc because there aren't any pharmacy schools south of Ft Lauderdale. You just have to make the best of it and be excited about the place you were given.

Thought I would just add my two cents' worth about the whole switching campus debate.

My feelings are that the student should keep pushing....if the university continues to allow students to switch campuses, then it's the university's fault. If they wished to stop this practice, they could. Don't let anybody switch campuses, period! If you want to come to UF pharmacy, you will go to this campus....if you don't like this campus, go to another pharmacy school. (But how bad would that look......).

for those who had their interview on Friday the 29th, any news?

Copy directed from COP website. Invites letter should be coming soon.......

Fall 2010 Interview Dates

GAINESVILLE CAMPUS
  • Friday, January 29, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
  • Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
  • Friday, April 16, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
  • Friday, June 4, 2010, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
JACKSONVILLE CAMPUS
  • Friday, April 9, 2010, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
  • Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
ORLANDO CAMPUS
  • Friday, March 19, 2010, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
  • Friday, April 9, 2010, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
ST. PETERSBURG CAMPUS
  • Monday, March 22, 2010, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
  • Monday, April 12, 2010, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

So we will be notified of an interview invitation by snail mail instead of email? And dang, that is late in May for an interview!

I got my interview offer by email about a week before the day.

OK guys so how bad do you think I hurt my chances by turning in my pharmcas app yesterday lol. I have good stats (3.77 pre-req GPA, 92 PCAT taken twice) and have been doing pre reqs at UF. I am the worst procrastinator in the world and kept putting everything off.

OK guys so how bad do you think I hurt my chances by turning in my pharmcas app yesterday lol. I have good stats (3.77 pre-req GPA, 92 PCAT taken twice) and have been doing pre reqs at UF. I am the worst procrastinator in the world and kept putting everything off.

I doubt it really hurt your chances. I know a few of the students in my class here submitted their applications at the last second possible and they still got in. Your PCAT is great. Your GPA is great. If you have some decent recommendations and extracurriculars you should be pretty good.

You are lucky you're attending UF now... it seems like they're pretty confident in their own students since it's a great school and everything; they know you will be prepared.

for those who had their interview on Friday the 29th, any news?

No news yet. Dr. Mckenzie said we should be hearing this week if everything goes according to plan. Soo anxious!! And I hope to hear soon because my second Nova payment is due February 15 :/