UF c/o 2014... It Begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who already emailed your decision letter back, did you get a confirmation email stating they received it? I emailed mine on Friday and haven't heard anything back.

same haven't got a confirmation yet

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who already emailed your decision letter back, did you get a confirmation email stating they received it? I emailed mine on Friday and haven't heard anything back.

No confirmation either....I hope she got it, I dot want them to give my spot away! Lol

If you're referring to the interview invitation letter, I got mine's 2 days later. If you're talking about the decision to accept your position at the school, I haven't interviewed yet :p

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No confirmation either....I hope she got it, I dot want them to give my spot away! Lol

Check your emails, I just got a confirmation letter that they received my acceptance :)

Yeah, just got the email too. Guess I spoke a couple hours too soon.

still no confirmation :( maybe i will call penny tomorrow.

i havent gotten mine either! this isnt cool at all lol

I feel bad for her though, I'm sure she is swamped with e-mails since she's basically in charge of sending us everything. I feel bad about bothering her but at the same time I wanna make sure she got it! lol

Has anyone who applied to the St. Pete campus heard anything yet? This wait is killing me! It is really making me nervous with all of these people getting interviews to different campuses later than the first interview at St. Pete.

I'm hoping that we hear soon. It should be in a few weeks, unless it is a rejection. :oops:

Hi, I'm from California and I have applied to UF with Orlando being my first priority! I saw that from PharmCAS that last year UF only accepted 6 Out-of-State students! Is this right? lol!

Yes...this is correct. They only accept about 5% of out of state a year

Has anyone who applied to the St. Pete campus heard anything yet? This wait is killing me! It is really making me nervous with all of these people getting interviews to different campuses later than the first interview at St. Pete.

I'm hoping that we hear soon. It should be in a few weeks, unless it is a rejection. :oops:

Ughhh I've been wondering the same thing! LOL

I ranked St Pete 1st, but I also applied in the middle of January so it's probably going to be a while for me...

Quick question...how long, from the time PharmCAS sent out your app, did it take for UF to acknowledge that they got it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question...how long, from the time PharmCAS sent out your app, did it take for UF to acknowledge that they got it?
They never acknowledged it, at least in my case. I had to shoot them an e-mail later just to make sure I had everything completed.

I also had to send them an email. They will not send an auto email once they receive your app. A week after pharcas mailed mine I called UF to see if they had received it. They quickly gave me an email to a woman "Penny", once I emailed her, I received an email back within 15 minutes.

Ughhh I've been wondering the same thing! LOL

I ranked St Pete 1st, but I also applied in the middle of January so it's probably going to be a while for me...

Tinkerbell... You sound like me! I can’t stand this wait! I have an interview with another school tomorrow, but all I can think about is UF!! It is killing me! (the wait I mean) I get so disappointed with I check my email and there isn’t anything!

Tinkerbell... You sound like me! I can’t stand this wait! I have an interview with another school tomorrow, but all I can think about is UF!! It is killing me! (the wait I mean) I get so disappointed with I check my email and there isn’t anything!

Waiting for pharmacy admissions is so taxing! LOL I have an interview next week at a school I'm really in love with as well so I'm trying to focus on that, but it is hard when you are waiting and waiting. I'm just trying to focus on my classes I'm taking this semester and being patient, but venting on SDN. :laugh:

Well, it turns out my April 9 interview is in Jacksonville :-/

I'd still go if accepted, but I live way down in south Florida.

Maybe I can make a case for Gainesville since my significant other will be attending at the same time.

"They never acknowledged it, at least in my case. I had to shoot them an e-mail later just to make sure I had everything completed."

Who did you contact?

I just got an interview invite for April 9th in Jacksonville. I am super excited, and I wish the best of luck to each of you.
Now the decision to put a deposit on another school or not??? I have heard a rumor that if you are invited for an interview then you are in. A student at the open house told me this. Has anyone heard the same and is there any truth to this?

Well, it turns out my April 9 interview is in Jacksonville :-/

I'd still go if accepted, but I live way down in south Florida.

Maybe I can make a case for Gainesville since my significant other will be attending at the same time.

I was assigned to Orlando and petitioned for Gainesville a few weeks ago and the committee approved my petition. I think every case is different, I did undergrad at UF and so in my petition I put that I had ties to the campus and wanted to remain involved with research I'm doing here and a co-ed frat that I'm in. Also, I'm looking into the PharmD/MBA program which has to be done in Gainesville. I have a boyfriend in Gainesville too but I chose not to mention that in the petition, I tried to focus on the academic/social opportunities that are available in Gainesville. Also, in my case, I already have a place to live here.

One of the pharmacy ambassadors was talking to me at the interview and told me she had a friend who was assigned to orlando but stayed in gainesville to be with her bf and just drove to orlando back and forth when she needed to and then after her first semester transferred to gainesville. So, it probably just all depends on what your argument is and how you present it. And if not, I've heard a lot of students saying they actually love the distance campuses because it is a tight-knit group of students.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Has anyone received a March 3rd interview at the Gainesville campus?

You can try, but they split up a couple including myself from our significant others during our first year. She ended up getting engaged to him and switched to the JAX campus so they can go to pharmacy school together. I ended up going to St. Pete this year and got my petition approved to go back to Gville for this upcoming Fall. However, I want to do the PharmD/PhD program which is the main reason they let me return back to the Swamp. Like I said, you can always try.

just curious, what phd do you plan on combining with your pharmd? I have a fairly heavy research background and will also be considering this route. the pharmaceutics/clinical pharmaceutics seem most intriguing to me.

Has anyone got an invite for the March 3rd interview at the Gainesville campus?

Not yet. Im still waiting as well. I am trying to make sure they have all my stuff since the storms basically shut down the northeast, it took a while to mail my things.

For those of you that have gotten interviews/accepted/waitlisted/etc., did UF ever confirm that they received your PharmCAS/Supplemental applications? I e-mailed a few weeks ago and they said they have my supplemental application and that they were waiting on my PharmCAS apps.

I was just wondering because I got an e-mail from another pharmacy school a few days ago saying that they received both my PharmCAS and supplemental applications.

This waiting game is killing me!

For those of you that have gotten interviews/accepted/waitlisted/etc., did UF ever confirm that they received your PharmCAS/Supplemental applications? I e-mailed a few weeks ago and they said they have my supplemental application and that they were waiting on my PharmCAS apps.

I was just wondering because I got an e-mail from another pharmacy school a few days ago saying that they received both my PharmCAS and supplemental applications.

UF does NOT notify you once you are complete.

UF didn't notify me....I had to e-mail and ask but by the time I had finished my supplement it had been about a month since PharmCAS had been submitted. If a different pharmacy school got it, then UF probably has is it too. If you look at PharmCAS under designations it will tell you when it was mailed out.

UF didn't notify me....I had to e-mail and ask but by the time I had finished my supplement it had been about a month since PharmCAS had been submitted. If a different pharmacy school got it, then UF probably has is it too. If you look at PharmCAS under designations it will tell you when it was mailed out.

Hmm.. yeah I was thinking the same too. Btw, how long did it take you (from the time they received your apps) to hear from UF if you got an interview? Also, mind sharing your stats... GPA, PCAT, etc.? :)

Hmm.. yeah I was thinking the same too. Btw, how long did it take you (from the time they received your apps) to hear from UF if you got an interview? Also, mind sharing your stats... GPA, PCAT, etc.? :)

I submitted my PharmCAS in October and my supplement in mid-November and found out at the very beginning of January that I had been invited to interview on January 29. That was the first interview they had though, they may be doing things differently now and splitting people up since there are a few more dates coming up.

Overall GPA: 3.73, science GPA: 3.55 (UF undergrad) and PCAT: 87.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be hearing soon!

For all of the people who have already received invites/been accepted, has everything been done by e-mail? I recently moved and I forwarded my mail and just e-mailed Penny to let her know, but I just wanted to double check with everyone. Thanks in advance!

I received an invite (through email) for the March 3rd interview on Monday.

I got an interview invite today for next week Wednesday March 3rd! While I am very excited, there is a slight problem. The invite is 5 days notice and I have an anatomy practical on tuesday night, then a microbio lab midterm on wed at 5:10pm, then a nutrition & disease 2 exam at 8:20pm, also on the date of my interview. Probably going to be the most stressful day of my life.

I got an interview invite today for next week Wednesday March 3rd! While I am very excited, there is a slight problem. The invite is 5 days notice and I have an anatomy practical on tuesday night, then a microbio lab midterm on wed at 5:10pm, then a nutrition & disease 2 exam at 8:20pm, also on the date of my interview. Probably going to be the most stressful day of my life.

Congrats! When did you send in all your apps?

Does anyone know if any rejections have gone out? I'm out of state, so odds are already slim, but...still no word. Guess I want to know if there's actually still hope.

Last edited:
I just got an interview invitation for Gainesville today as well! I was very surprised due to the short notice. For those who have already interviewed could you please share how the interview went for you? I know your not aloud to give any specifics but any insight would be a huge help.

At least you live in Gainesville lol. I have a biochem test on Monday, Human Physiology 2 test on Tuesday, as well as a practical on the same day, and a presentation on cancer research (which I haven't even started) due on Thursday. I will also be working at a pharmacy.

I live 5 hours away from Gainesville and I will be driving there on Wednesday. Most stressful week of my life.

I just got an interview invitation for Gainesville today as well! I was very surprised due to the short notice. For those who have already interviewed could you please share how the interview went for you? I know your not aloud to give any specifics but any insight would be a huge help.

All the pharmacy students that were answering questions for us at the beginning of the interview day basically told us not to stress out about the interview and that it was mainly a formality....so don't worry too much! But basically, we started off in a room with some Pharmacy Ambassadors who answered questions for us for about 45 minutes, then Dr. McKenzie came and spoke to us for a few minutes before we began interviews.

The ambassadors each had a list of people so they called a few people at a time to go for the interview. Luckily I was interviewed pretty early so I didn't have to sit around being nervous lol. But the actual interview was with two professors and it was pretty short (10 minutes) and they began by telling me not to stress out and that it was probably going to be a "different" interview than others I had been too. They mainly asked behavioral type questions, like how I would act in certain situations. And of course, they asked "why pharmacy?".

After that, I basically waited another hour for all interviews to be done and then the ambassadors took us on a tour and Dr. McKenzie came back and spoke to us before we all left. Overall, the whole process took about 4 hours - the longest part was definitely just waiting to be interviewed/waiting for interviews to be finished.

Good Luck!!!

that sucks! I have the microbio lab midterm and HUN4446 exam as well but luckily I've already been on my interview lol. I have a friend who is interviewing on Wednesday as well and has both of the exams. we have lab at 9:35am but she spoke to the TA about taking it later because she was worried she wouldn't have time to take it and then go get ready and they were fine with it. And Dr. Matthews said she could take the exam on Tuesday, but I think my friend decided just to take it at night.

Either way, you're gonna be waiting around for a little while waiting for all the interviews to be done so you could probably squeeze in some studying.

Thanks CM, yea Dr. Mathews told me the same, I'm also just goin to take it at the normal time. Do you think it would be ok for me to bring a folder or something to study while waiting at the interview lol? It's my first interview so I have no idea whats acceptable or not. Its good to know that everyone is saying not to stress out to much, but I def want to be prepared.

Hi guys, does anybody know if I can get into UF with this profile

Pcat (january 2010)
Verbal 73
Biology 84
Reading 12 (English is my second language)
Quantitative ablilty 82
Chemistry 88
Composite 73

writing scores 3.0 & 3.0

GPA

working as a pharm Tech for 6 months
currently volunteering in hospital

Thanks for your comments.

Hi guys, does anybody know if I can get into UF with this profile

Pcat (january 2010)
Verbal 73
Biology 84
Reading 12 (English is my second language)
Quantitative ablilty 82
Chemistry 88
Composite 73

writing scores 3.0 & 3.0

GPA

working as a pharm Tech for 6 months
currently volunteering in hospital

Thanks for your comments.
Your GPA is very good and Pcat is competitive so if you are in state then yes I think you have a good chance.

This wait is killing me! I just got my PCAT scores from the January PCAT (I did well!). So maybe, that's why UF is taking awhile? haha

Thank you Rxforsuccess. Yes, I live in FLORIDA but I did not recieve any invitations from UF yet. Do you know how long I have to wait for that ? I had a bad pcat score for my last attempt and I applied through pharmcas with that score (because I did not recieve the jan 2010 scores). So will UF look at my new score ?

Yea I think UF puts your application on hold until they get the new pcat scores. They should get your score if you sent it to pharmcas and reported it on pharmcas.

Thankyou RX once again. I was giving up UF but now I feel like there is a chance.

Anyone else have an interview 3/19 at the Orlando campus? I am really nervous about it.

What should I expect at the interview?

Hope to join the ranks of the accepted soon!