UF c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS acceptance!!:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Decisions are out!!!!!

IS acceptance.

(Also hi, I've been silently lurking this thread for months.)

Reactions: 4 users
IS Acceptance!! Already accepted my seat and everything LOL

BTW: on the acceptance form you should see if you are IS of OOS I believe.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
IS ACCEPTED!!! Starting crying at work, this is my dream school and I’m so happy

OOS waitlisted.. aka "If you thought your anxiety was high already, we've got news for ya..." haha

Just kidding, congratulations to those accepted! I hope to hear some good news in the coming months and be invited to join you in the fall! :)

Reactions: 2 users
IS accepted!!!! This was totally worth the wait!!!! :biglove:

Reactions: 3 users
OOS waitlisted.. aka "If you thought your anxiety was high already, we've got news for ya..." haha

Just kidding, congratulations to those accepted! I hope to hear some good news in the coming months and be invited to join you in the fall! :)

Same waitlisted for here and Auburn now. This is taking years off my life rn...

OOS alternate, congrats to everyone who got in! Hopefully I'll be joining you guys soon :)

Reactions: 1 user
IS alternate :/ this waiting game is ROUGHHHH. Quick note to anyone who won’t be accepting their seat: please inform the college as soon as you’ve made your decision, because all of us waitlisted are in limbo for the next few months. Any help getting that potential call sooner is much appreciated!! Congrats to those accepted :)

Reactions: 1 users
IS accepted!!! Unbelievable, I’m so exited :D

OOS alternate. Really really hoping I get in. Does anybody know how soon they will start calling people off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS alternate. Really really hoping I get in. Does anybody know how soon they will start calling people off the waitlist?
It sounds like from their email they won’t call us till after April 15 but idk honestly

ACCEPTED IS AND CONFIRMED MY ACCEPTANCE!!!!! See ya'll in August!

Reactions: 4 users
I believe we had somebody on SDN called off in March last year, so I don't think they necessarily wait for the April 15th deadline. It will depend on how soon people decline their spots.

EDIT: Yeah just checked the previous year's thread. Someone got the call on March 6. I think a fair number of OOSers came off the waitlist last year - I was also a waitlist student, although I didn't get the call until April 16.

Last edited:
I believe we had somebody on SDN called off in March last year, so I don't think they necessarily wait for the April 15th deadline. It will depend on how soon people decline their spots.

EDIT: Yeah just checked the previous year's thread. Someone got the call on March 6. I think a fair number of OOSers came off the waitlist last year - I was also a waitlist student, although I didn't get the call until April 16.
Do you know if they call OOS people if an OOS person declines their seat and same for IS or is it just one list for both IS and OOS and they call in the order of the list if someone declines?

Do you know if they call OOS people if an OOS person declines their seat and same for IS or is it just one list for both IS and OOS and they call in the order of the list if someone declines?
I'm honestly not sure. I just assumed they were separate. Probably best to ask UF.

Do any current students have any advice on housing? Do older students often look for housing or is it best to seek out a place on your own? I’d like a roommate and need some advice!

Do any current students have any advice on housing? Do older students often look for housing or is it best to seek out a place on your own? I’d like a roommate and need some advice!

I currently live in the Gainesville area. I decided to live alone with my twi adorable cats, its a little pricy but it was my choice. There are si many options of housing in Gainesville area and im sure when the facebook group is created you will find the current vet students are probably looking for a new roommate.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to put a deposit down to lock down our spot? I have already sent in the acceptance document and created a Gatorlink account but I am eager to make this official!

Does anyone know the address I’m supposed to send final transcripts to?

Does anyone know the address I’m supposed to send final transcripts to?

After you submit the acceptance form, you will be a confirmation email from Lynnette Chaparro with all that information

Does anyone know if we can choose to pursue the MPH degree at any point during vet school, or is this our only opportunity to apply?

Does anyone know if we can choose to pursue the MPH degree at any point during vet school, or is this our only opportunity to apply?
I'm not an MPH student, but I think what I remember is that ideally they'd like you to apply by March 1st because you would take some classes this summer. However, you can apply later if you talk to the coordinator - you just may need to take an extra semester after you finish your DVM to finish your MPH. I'd contact the coordinator to confirm that for sure. There is probably a point (maybe after first year?) where it's too late period because you'd be too far behind on classes.

Sometimes there are people from upper classes that look for roommates but I do remember that once our class facebook page got made that people posted for roommates and such. A lot of vet students live in treehouse which is an apartment complex pretty close to the school or along the 35 bus route (the only bus that stops relatively close to the vet school).

How long did it take for those of you who have already accepted your seats to get the email from Florida Graduate Office? It said within 48 hours but I haven’t gotten one yet and it’s been more than 48 hours

How long did it take for those of you who have already accepted your seats to get the email from Florida Graduate Office? It said within 48 hours but I haven’t gotten one yet and it’s been more than 48 hours

Did you check your junk mail??

I didn’t get the email from the Florida graduate office either but I received a confirmation email

Sometimes there are people from upper classes that look for roommates but I do remember that once our class facebook page got made that people posted for roommates and such. A lot of vet students live in treehouse which is an apartment complex pretty close to the school or along the 35 bus route (the only bus that stops relatively close to the vet school).
Thanks for this! I’ll start looking!

When the FB group is up will someone share the link please? I’m trying to figure out some family stuff before confirming my seat and deposit but I’m 99.9% sure I’m coming to UF and want to get housing/meet everyone! This is so exciting! Congrats everyone

Thanks for this! I’ll start looking!

When the FB group is up will someone share the link please? I’m trying to figure out some family stuff before confirming my seat and deposit but I’m 99.9% sure I’m coming to UF and want to get housing/meet everyone! This is so exciting! Congrats everyone

I have a friend who is a first year currently and she said their facebook class group get made till May-June. I currently live in the area so if you have any questions feel free to message me :)

When I first began my journey to apply to UF vet school animal nutrition was required and allowed to be taken the summer before classes. Does anyone know if this is still a requirement? I see no mention on the website and have not taken the course either. Thought I would ask before I bug the admissions office. I know they are slammed with emails.

When I first began my journey to apply to UF vet school animal nutrition was required and allowed to be taken the summer before classes. Does anyone know if this is still a requirement? I see no mention on the website and have not taken the course either. Thought I would ask before I bug the admissions office. I know they are slammed with emails.

I am 90% certain that they removed the animal nutrition class requirements for admissions. However, I would confirm with admission as it was happened very recently (last cycle).

I've been using this website for prereqs: https://www.aavmc.org/data/files/vmcas/prereqchart.pdf and they don't show anything about animal nutrition!
Also when I was at my interview they said my only missing prerequisite was microbiology (which I was taking last fall), and I haven't taken animal nutrition and they said nothing about that.

I've been using this website for prereqs: https://www.aavmc.org/data/files/vmcas/prereqchart.pdf and they don't show anything about animal nutrition!
Also when I was at my interview they said my only missing prerequisite was microbiology (which I was taking last fall), and I haven't taken animal nutrition and they said nothing about that.
Thanks guys! I will email to confirm but since I can’t find anything about it, it must be removed.

1. Animal nutrition not required anymore
2. Is there a deposit now??
3. Our Facebook group was made late March, just checked my email :)

Congrats!

Did you get the email yet?

No :/ I have another friend who hasn’t gotten yet either. But, we’re not stressing much because we got the initial email confirming that they received the acceptance form which is the most important to us cause it means we have our seat and no one will take it :) im pretty sure things are delayed a little so don’t stress :)

Has anyone who accepted their seat received the email from the Florida Graduate Office??

OOS accepted. Still waiting to hear from my IS (UGA) and LMU. Made it to Oklahoma’s alternate.

I’m not sure if this already has been asked but how is the semester/curriculum set up at UF? Do we have a new class every few weeks?

I’m not sure if this already has been asked but how is the semester/curriculum set up at UF? Do we have a new class every few weeks?
Schedules for this semester are posted online: Schedules & Booklist I think the best description is a modified block schedule. Most classes are only a few weeks, but they stagger the start and end dates so we don't start or end a set of classes all at once.

Hey guys! A GroupMe chat has been made for those who have been accepted and has already accepted their seat in c/o 2023! Following the link to join:)

You're invited to my new group 'UFCVM C/O 2023' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

We thought this is a great way to start chatting with our classmates while the facebook groups gets made and its also a great way to communicate with each other when classes start :)

Has anyone applied to the MPH program?

That "UFCVM Alternate List" email today gave me a heart attack... lol my hopes sky-rocketed there for a moment