-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UF c/o 2023 applicants
Started by starlightbowl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS ACCEPTED!!! Starting crying at work, this is my dream school and I’m so happy
OOS waitlisted.. aka "If you thought your anxiety was high already, we've got news for ya..." haha
Just kidding, congratulations to those accepted! I hope to hear some good news in the coming months and be invited to join you in the fall! 🙂
Same waitlisted for here and Auburn now. This is taking years off my life rn...
VeterinarianHopeful
UFCVM c/o 2023!
ME TOO!!! So excited!Im gonna be a gator!!!!!!!!!! IS ACCEPTED
Yay! CongratsME TOO!!! So excited!
IS alternate :/ this waiting game is ROUGHHHH. Quick note to anyone who won’t be accepting their seat: please inform the college as soon as you’ve made your decision, because all of us waitlisted are in limbo for the next few months. Any help getting that potential call sooner is much appreciated!! Congrats to those accepted 🙂
IS accepted!!! Unbelievable, I’m so exited 😀
It sounds like from their email they won’t call us till after April 15 but idk honestlyOOS alternate. Really really hoping I get in. Does anybody know how soon they will start calling people off the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe we had somebody on SDN called off in March last year, so I don't think they necessarily wait for the April 15th deadline. It will depend on how soon people decline their spots.OOS alternate. Really really hoping I get in. Does anybody know how soon they will start calling people off the waitlist?
EDIT: Yeah just checked the previous year's thread. Someone got the call on March 6. I think a fair number of OOSers came off the waitlist last year - I was also a waitlist student, although I didn't get the call until April 16.
Last edited:
Do you know if they call OOS people if an OOS person declines their seat and same for IS or is it just one list for both IS and OOS and they call in the order of the list if someone declines?I believe we had somebody on SDN called off in March last year, so I don't think they necessarily wait for the April 15th deadline. It will depend on how soon people decline their spots.
EDIT: Yeah just checked the previous year's thread. Someone got the call on March 6. I think a fair number of OOSers came off the waitlist last year - I was also a waitlist student, although I didn't get the call until April 16.
I'm honestly not sure. I just assumed they were separate. Probably best to ask UF.Do you know if they call OOS people if an OOS person declines their seat and same for IS or is it just one list for both IS and OOS and they call in the order of the list if someone declines?
dogluver713
C/o 2023
Do any current students have any advice on housing? Do older students often look for housing or is it best to seek out a place on your own? I’d like a roommate and need some advice!
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Do any current students have any advice on housing? Do older students often look for housing or is it best to seek out a place on your own? I’d like a roommate and need some advice!
I currently live in the Gainesville area. I decided to live alone with my twi adorable cats, its a little pricy but it was my choice. There are si many options of housing in Gainesville area and im sure when the facebook group is created you will find the current vet students are probably looking for a new roommate.
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Does anyone know the address I’m supposed to send final transcripts to?
After you submit the acceptance form, you will be a confirmation email from Lynnette Chaparro with all that information [emoji4]
Looks like for the dual degree program you have to apply for the MPH program by March 1stDoes anyone know if we can choose to pursue the MPH degree at any point during vet school, or is this our only opportunity to apply?
https://mph.ufl.edu/files/2017/02/Doctor-of-Veterinary-Medicine_Website.pdf
I’m not a UF student but I was just curious. Hope this helps.
I'm not an MPH student, but I think what I remember is that ideally they'd like you to apply by March 1st because you would take some classes this summer. However, you can apply later if you talk to the coordinator - you just may need to take an extra semester after you finish your DVM to finish your MPH. I'd contact the coordinator to confirm that for sure. There is probably a point (maybe after first year?) where it's too late period because you'd be too far behind on classes.Does anyone know if we can choose to pursue the MPH degree at any point during vet school, or is this our only opportunity to apply?
Do any current students have any advice on housing? Do older students often look for housing or is it best to seek out a place on your own? I’d like a roommate and need some advice!
Sometimes there are people from upper classes that look for roommates but I do remember that once our class facebook page got made that people posted for roommates and such. A lot of vet students live in treehouse which is an apartment complex pretty close to the school or along the 35 bus route (the only bus that stops relatively close to the vet school).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
How long did it take for those of you who have already accepted your seats to get the email from Florida Graduate Office? It said within 48 hours but I haven’t gotten one yet and it’s been more than 48 hours
Did you check your junk mail??
Did you check your junk mail??
Yes and it’s empty
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Yes and it’s empty
I would wait one more day. I got that email yesterday morning so my 48 hours would be tomorrow morning.
I didn’t get the email from the Florida graduate office either but I received a confirmation emailHow long did it take for those of you who have already accepted your seats to get the email from Florida Graduate Office? It said within 48 hours but I haven’t gotten one yet and it’s been more than 48 hours
dogluver713
C/o 2023
Thanks for this! I’ll start looking!Sometimes there are people from upper classes that look for roommates but I do remember that once our class facebook page got made that people posted for roommates and such. A lot of vet students live in treehouse which is an apartment complex pretty close to the school or along the 35 bus route (the only bus that stops relatively close to the vet school).
When the FB group is up will someone share the link please? I’m trying to figure out some family stuff before confirming my seat and deposit but I’m 99.9% sure I’m coming to UF and want to get housing/meet everyone! This is so exciting! Congrats everyone
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Thanks for this! I’ll start looking!
When the FB group is up will someone share the link please? I’m trying to figure out some family stuff before confirming my seat and deposit but I’m 99.9% sure I’m coming to UF and want to get housing/meet everyone! This is so exciting! Congrats everyone
I have a friend who is a first year currently and she said their facebook class group get made till May-June. I currently live in the area so if you have any questions feel free to message me 🙂
When I first began my journey to apply to UF vet school animal nutrition was required and allowed to be taken the summer before classes. Does anyone know if this is still a requirement? I see no mention on the website and have not taken the course either. Thought I would ask before I bug the admissions office. I know they are slammed with emails.
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
When I first began my journey to apply to UF vet school animal nutrition was required and allowed to be taken the summer before classes. Does anyone know if this is still a requirement? I see no mention on the website and have not taken the course either. Thought I would ask before I bug the admissions office. I know they are slammed with emails.
I am 90% certain that they removed the animal nutrition class requirements for admissions. However, I would confirm with admission as it was happened very recently (last cycle).
I've been using this website for prereqs: https://www.aavmc.org/data/files/vmcas/prereqchart.pdf and they don't show anything about animal nutrition!When I first began my journey to apply to UF vet school animal nutrition was required and allowed to be taken the summer before classes. Does anyone know if this is still a requirement? I see no mention on the website and have not taken the course either. Thought I would ask before I bug the admissions office. I know they are slammed with emails.
Also when I was at my interview they said my only missing prerequisite was microbiology (which I was taking last fall), and I haven't taken animal nutrition and they said nothing about that.
Thanks guys! I will email to confirm but since I can’t find anything about it, it must be removed.I've been using this website for prereqs: https://www.aavmc.org/data/files/vmcas/prereqchart.pdf and they don't show anything about animal nutrition!
Also when I was at my interview they said my only missing prerequisite was microbiology (which I was taking last fall), and I haven't taken animal nutrition and they said nothing about that.
1. Animal nutrition not required anymore
2. Is there a deposit now??
3. Our Facebook group was made late March, just checked my email 🙂
Congrats!
2. Is there a deposit now??
3. Our Facebook group was made late March, just checked my email 🙂
Congrats!
I would wait one more day. I got that email yesterday morning so my 48 hours would be tomorrow morning.
Did you get the email yet?
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Did you get the email yet?
No :/ I have another friend who hasn’t gotten yet either. But, we’re not stressing much because we got the initial email confirming that they received the acceptance form which is the most important to us cause it means we have our seat and no one will take it 🙂 im pretty sure things are delayed a little so don’t stress 🙂
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Has anyone who accepted their seat received the email from the Florida Graduate Office??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Schedules for this semester are posted online: Schedules & Booklist I think the best description is a modified block schedule. Most classes are only a few weeks, but they stagger the start and end dates so we don't start or end a set of classes all at once.I’m not sure if this already has been asked but how is the semester/curriculum set up at UF? Do we have a new class every few weeks?
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Hey guys! A GroupMe chat has been made for those who have been accepted and has already accepted their seat in c/o 2023! Following the link to join🙂
You're invited to my new group 'UFCVM C/O 2023' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
We thought this is a great way to start chatting with our classmates while the facebook groups gets made and its also a great way to communicate with each other when classes start 🙂
You're invited to my new group 'UFCVM C/O 2023' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
We thought this is a great way to start chatting with our classmates while the facebook groups gets made and its also a great way to communicate with each other when classes start 🙂
That "UFCVM Alternate List" email today gave me a heart attack... lol my hopes sky-rocketed there for a moment

