UF c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the opposite you would think that they would send it out before the focus group so that nobody can claim that their getting in was biased based off their answers - I just don't want to wait until Monday....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the opposite you would think that they would send it out before the focus group so that nobody can claim that their getting in was biased based off their answers - I just don't want to wait until Monday....

I like your thinking. So maybe tomorrow????

Hi- I know people who got contacted because of residency issues, so if you weren't contacted then stop stressing lol. Also it won't affect admissions decisions, but it does affect how you're classified and what seat you take up, so they do need that info before they release decisions.
Alex isn't involved in sending out decisions in any way. Her focus group is probably not related to this, don't read too much into it!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi- I know people who got contacted because of residency issues, so if you weren't contacted then stop stressing lol. Also it won't affect admissions decisions, but it does affect how you're classified and what seat you take up, so they do need that info before they release decisions.
Alex isn't involved in sending out decisions in any way. Her focus group is probably not related to this, don't read too much into it!

We arent trying freak out but I had a friend who logged onto the portal and it stated she was in jeopardy of getting put as an out of state student of she didnt submit the necessary information and she never got contacted by admissions. But the good thing is everything got sorted and hopefully they send out decisions very soon cause many of us have decisions to make :)

Does anyone think this is going to affect admission’s decision because my residency in florida was in state due to me being a dependant on my parents...but now it says I’m an independent due to my age and that will change my staus to a non-florida resident

Does anyone think this is going to affect admission’s decision because my residency in florida was in state due to me being a dependant on my parents...but now it says I’m an independent due to my age and that will change my staus to a non-florida resident
The same thing happened to me, that’s why it said my residency was undetermined. So, instead of providing my parents information I had to provide mine.

The same thing happened to me, that’s why it said my residency was undetermined. So, instead of providing my parents information I had to provide mine.
Are you considered a non-florida resident now?

I did this morning. Lynnette told me it will not affect the admission’s decision, but if you are offered a seat it will affect the amount of tuition you pay.

I really trust that they would send emails if there were errors, UF seems really good at providing candidates with info and updates. I got like 6 reminders for my interview!

This is unrelated- but I’m an undergrad at UF and worked closely with the prevet advisor, Alex. I got invited to an interview feedback focus group on Monday. This makes me think decisions will be after Monday... also- if anyone has any feedback, feel free to PM me and I will happily share!

Did you express interest to her first email about the focus group originally being today?

I don't understand how that's not going to affect admissions, if you are instate classified as out of state you are now in a much more competitive applicant pool. Instead of being in a pool of 388 applicants competing for 98 seats you are now in a pool of 886 competing for 25 seats (using last years data to make my point). Not only that though, you're going to be paying a ton more in tuition so this could be really bad for some people.

Reactions: 8 users
I tried to log into the portal, but it's telling me there is no account with that email. I definitely have emails from UF though with the PIN and everything so I'm not really sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand how that's not going to affect admissions, if you are instate classified as out of state you are now in a much more competitive applicant pool. Instead of being in a pool of 388 applicants competing for 98 seats you are now in a pool of 886 competing for 25 seats (using last years data to make my point). Not only that though, you're going to be paying a ton more in tuition so this could be really bad for some people.

So basically they offer you an in state seat but residency is not determined by UF CVM. Its on their interview invitation email " Be advised, residency is determined by the University of Florida Office of Admissions and not by the College of Veterinary Medicine."

I did this morning. Lynnette told me it will not affect the admission’s decision, but if you are offered a seat it will affect the amount of tuition you pay.
Did she mention anything about when we would find out decisions?

This is what I was told today:

Residency will not affect our offer decisions; it will affect the tuition charged to those accepted. Additionally our college has not released final decisions; they will be released within the next two weeks.

This is what I was told today:

Residency will not affect our offer decisions; it will affect the tuition charged to those accepted. Additionally our college has not released final decisions; they will be released within the next two weeks.
So it could be two more weeks till we find out??

The MPH application is due March 1st, and idk anyone that would send in their application before they even know if they are going to UF. I feel they should give us at least a week before then for people to fill out that application.

I don’t understand. If the residency doesn’t affect the decisions. Why is it holding up the admissions committee from releasing the decisions.

Reactions: 4 users
I just received a call from the CVM clarifying my residency status. They said my application was marked as in state but the office of admissions classified me as out of state, so just know that if your residency is in question, they will call you. All she said to me though about decisions was that they were working hard to get the list finalized and to "have a good weekend"

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t understand. If the residency doesn’t affect the decisions. Why is it holding up the admissions committee from releasing the decisions.
Remember that they never gave us a specific date for decisions: we all assumed it would be within 2 weeks of the last interview based on previous years, but the website online says mid-March and there’s conflicting information all around. I think we need to recognize how many applications the committee has to go through, and we can’t know how close to done they really are. Obviously it’s stressful, and I can’t say anything positive about the MPH deadline being relatively soon, but even if they tell us decisions in 2 weeks that gives us 1.5 months until the decision deadline to make a choice. There’s no way for us to rush them into finishing, so it’s all a waiting game!

If anyone is coming with a horse I work at a place called canopy oak trails they are looking for stall and pasture board and are pretty cheap ( less than 400 a month more around 200)

Horses are fed by staff, stalls are cleaned by staff, and staff can stand in for medical calls for you if needed. Horses are looked at and cared for hands on every day.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! It's awesome to see how many people are so anxiously waiting for a reply from UF. I just found out about this group, have applied for this cycle and am waiting as well. Best of luck to all and let us know what your results are!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I just going to say, I am super frustrated with UF right now. Needed to get that off my chest.

Reactions: 2 users
I just going to say, I am super frustrated with UF right now. Needed to get that off my chest.
It's my last one to hear from and my top choice I'm just a little on edge :( :boom:

To be fair, they never said it would be this week or last week, but rather mid March- it was expectations that were set by previous years, not by them so that’s not really fair. But I’d be annoyed to, just take it with a grain of salt

To be fair, they never said it would be this week or last week, but rather mid March- it was expectations that were set by previous years, not by them so that’s not really fair. But I’d be annoyed to, just take it with a grain of salt
But also to be fair, a lot of us were told mid February which I think is where the anxiety this week has come from.

Reactions: 5 users
But also to be fair, a lot of us were told mid February which I think is where the anxiety this week has come from.

That is true, after the interview during the debriefing they told us that by mid February the decisions would be out.

Reactions: 6 users
I think I’m probably the only one with this problem, but after the whole undetermined residency debacle I’m now considered non-florida resident....so I’m not feeling to hot about my application anymore even though they said it wouldn’t affect admissions decisions

I think I’m probably the only one with this problem, but after the whole undetermined residency debacle I’m now considered non-florida resident....so I’m not feeling to hot about my application anymore even though they said it wouldn’t affect admissions decisions

You should directly contact the residency office at UF and help you solve that.

How do you know? Did they contact you?

I got the email. I'm an alternate (IS). I wish they would tell you your ranking so I know how much hope to have lol

I just got my acceptance email !! I am going to my dream school !!!

Reactions: 7 users
OOS rejected. I’m so sad. I felt pretty confident about my application, interview, etc.

Im gonna be a gator!!!!!!!!!! IS ACCEPTED

Reactions: 6 users
IS ACCEPTED!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone accepted so excited to meet y’all next year! For those that got aternate don’t worry, I know many people that got in from the list last year. Also, even if you don’t get in this time around ask for a file review!

Congrats to everyone accepted so excited to meet y’all next year! For those that got aternate don’t worry, I know many people that got in from the list last year. Also, even if you don’t get in this time around ask for a file review!
Do you know how long the list is and how many people get called off of it....? It’s unfortunate they don’t give out rank.

Do you know how long the list is and how many people get called off of it....? It’s unfortunate they don’t give out rank.
I do not know and I’d say the amount that gets called off would vary from year to year depending on how many accept their seat. Most schools do not give out their ranking.

Accepted!!! Not really sure if I’m IS or OOS lol guess I’ll figure that out later