UF c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t think they’re checking with everyone just double checking anyone who’s residency was in question or was confusing or something! Should be any day now!
If it really is that quick, fingers crossed it happens today!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Honestly, I am just so glad I have you guys and this forum, no one in my life can relate to this type of anxiety and impatience at this moment.

Reactions: 6 users
Honestly, I am just so glad I have you guys and this forum, no one in my life can relate to this type of anxiety and impatience at this moment.
I feel you, I've been checking like crazy the past 2 weeks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They do but I’m pretty sure they don’t tell you how you place on the list

No, I have not heard back yet. Sorry, I should have rephrased my question. I'm wondering if any current students are aware of if UF tells you your rank on the wait list if you are placed on it.

Has anyone gotten accepted into other schools or is still waiting? I am curious to know if other schools are taking as long as UF

I have already found out from 2 other schools that I got in. However, UF is my instate school and where I went for undergrad so they are my first choice. I even interviewed with them first and still haven’t heard anything. It is infuriating!! Lol.

Has anyone gotten accepted into other schools or is still waiting? I am curious to know if other schools are taking as long as UF

I’ve heard back from and been accepted to 2 out of the 5 schools I applied to. One of the schools I applied to sent out acceptances less than 1 week after they finished interviewing, but I think UF interviewed way more students than that school. However, UF is my in state and my dream school

No, I have not heard back yet. Sorry, I should have rephrased my question. I'm wondering if any current students are aware of if UF tells you your rank on the wait list if you are placed on it.
They do not tell you your rank.

Tomorrow is technically mid February... so hopefully tomorrow!

Reactions: 5 users
They have sent them out on Valentine’s Day in the past so fingers crossed

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2nd week of February, mid-February, 2-3 weeks after last interview... all of these signs seem to point to tomorrow or Friday :xf:

Reactions: 4 users
Dear UF, we both know what we had chemistry. I think we should make this official...
#ufpleasebemyvalentine

Reactions: 14 users
Any more info from anyone on how close they are to sending them? Just casually dying over here :help:

Reactions: 5 users
My residency was in question and it has been updated as an in-state resident, so hopefully that means we’re super close to hearing!

Reactions: 1 users
When did they contact you about your updated residency status?

They didn’t contact me, but I just checked the portal and it has been updated and I just added more proof of my residency 2 days ago

I am wondering if it is taking so long because people are not checking their portal to see if they are requiring more proof of residency.

Does this show up for all IS applicants? I checked my portal and the residency form is under the optional tab but it does say its undetermined and gives me an option to upload proof.

I am wondering if it is taking so long because people are not checking their portal to see if they are requiring more proof of residency.

I know it said for me that if more proof was not provided then I would be automatically switched to an out-of-state student for tuition purposes but it would not impact my application’s decision so I’m not sure if they’re waiting to send out decisions for proof. But I never got any notification that I needed to send more proof, I just happened to check the portal

I think it is this portal (Login) there is really nothing on there if you are an OOS applicant.
I just clicked on the link and went to residency status and clicked confirm... and then a check mark appeared... idk what that means or if that helps them with their residency situation

Does this show up for all IS applicants? I checked my portal and the residency form is under the optional tab but it does say its undetermined and gives me an option to upload proof.
Mine just says that my residency is Florida and then says “submit or cancel” and I pressed submit.

I’m not sure. I moved after I finished undergrad so I knew my residency would be in question until I gave enough proof

Well, I just uploaded new documents so hopefully, it'll speed up their process. Although, it does say it doesn't determine application decisions.

I'm confused how you log onto this portal. I'm OOS so I'm mostly curious to see it, but anyway it asks for a temporary PIN, but idk what that is. Can anyone help?

I'm confused how you log onto this portal. I'm OOS so I'm mostly curious to see it, but anyway it asks for a temporary PIN, but idk what that is. Can anyone help?

I received an email from UF back in October that had the pin in it

Also having a hard time logging in. I am IS and do not know what this temporary pin is.

The PIN was given when you originally submitted you application :)

Mine just says that my residency is Florida and then says “submit or cancel” and I pressed submit.

Mine said the same thing when I logged in. Said that I was considered a Florida resident and I just clicked submit

I believe it is the same username and password that you used when you submitted your secondary application.

I just requested a new password and got into the system, no idea what the pin was. It'll give you a new one and you can reset your password!

I did the same thing as @dogluver713 and got onto the portal just fine. As an OOS applicant there's not anything for me to do there, but it's nice to have access and know of its existence! (AKA, one more website to check for a status update constantly, lol)

I’m nervous that I didn’t know to update the residency stuff, I just submitted my drivers license, we only had to submit one more thing right

I just requested a new password and got into the system, no idea what the pin was. It'll give you a new one and you can reset your password!
Good idea I did that too and it worked. That seems concerning that email didn't go to a lot of people esp. the in-staters. We need to spread this message around to make sure everyone knows.

Reactions: 2 users
So if your residency was in question does this mean they would classify you as an OOS even though you’re IS ? It says it wouldn’t affect your application decision but it’s freaking me out that it was in question, they didn’t send out emails requiring further proof!

I’m very confused. I try all of my emails to reset a password. I finally use one they say is registered. I changed my password and then I log in. It then tells me I’ve never created an application with this email..... does anyone know what a CollegeNET ID is? I’ve been searching all of my emails for this number. I’m very confused. I see no options to do anything regarding residency.

So if your residency was in question does this mean they would classify you as an OOS even though you’re IS ? It says it wouldn’t affect your application decision but it’s freaking me out that it was in question, they didn’t send out emails requiring further proof!
This is my exact concern

C9CE3A30-CCE1-4B32-8734-976544B3E854.png

Maybe they need that proof to see how many IS v.s OOS seats they can offer? They should have sent an email if it was a problem, it probably has nothing to do with decisions and we're just freaking out over nothing lol.

Thats what I used to get in.... it just asked for my email, PIN and birthday
I’m in the system but it looks like I just created this application today. It is asking me for an ID number that I don’t recognize. “collegeNET account ID” maybe it’s thinking I don’t have a supplemental application?

Shoot, I just saw this, I had no idea we were suppose to be checking the portal. Hopefully it didn’t affect our chances, I’m assuming that for admissions purposes they give us the benefit of the doubt and after people are accepted they’ll ask for additional residency information from those who are IS and got accepted.

I really trust that they would send emails if there were errors, UF seems really good at providing candidates with info and updates. I got like 6 reminders for my interview!

This is unrelated- but I’m an undergrad at UF and worked closely with the prevet advisor, Alex. I got invited to an interview feedback focus group on Monday. This makes me think decisions will be after Monday... also- if anyone has any feedback, feel free to PM me and I will happily share!

I really trust that they would send emails if there were errors, UF seems really good at providing candidates with info and updates. I got like 6 reminders for my interview!

This is unrelated- but I’m an undergrad at UF and worked closely with the prevet advisor, Alex. I got invited to an interview feedback focus group on Monday. This makes me think decisions will be after Monday... also- if anyone has any feedback, feel free to PM me and I will happily share!

Maybe Alex will say something about when decisions are going to be released. Fingers crossed it’s really soon.

I hope it’s soon! Even if I’m rejected I would like to be able to plan out my time for upping my application!!! Although hopefully I will be a gator, fingers crossed.