You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA c/o 2019 applicants!
Started by v0712
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everyone!
I applied this cycle as well and the waiting is killing me. Its getting worse the closer we get! I had two of my references called the week of Christmas, but then again I applied by the "preferred date" of Sept 2nd, so maybe that's why mine was earlier.
Anyway, just freaking out and thought I'd let you guys know you're not alone!
I applied this cycle as well and the waiting is killing me. Its getting worse the closer we get! I had two of my references called the week of Christmas, but then again I applied by the "preferred date" of Sept 2nd, so maybe that's why mine was earlier.
Anyway, just freaking out and thought I'd let you guys know you're not alone!
Hi everyone!
I applied this cycle as well and the waiting is killing me. Its getting worse the closer we get! I had two of my references called the week of Christmas, but then again I applied by the "preferred date" of Sept 2nd, so maybe that's why mine was earlier.
Anyway, just freaking out and thought I'd let you guys know you're not alone!
Are you an in-state student or OOS? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In State! So really really hoping to get in!Are you an in-state student or OOS? Thanks!
I applied the same day as you! My references were called about two weeks ago. I'm instate as well and first time applicant. Nervous is an understatement for me!Hi everyone!
I applied this cycle as well and the waiting is killing me. Its getting worse the closer we get! I had two of my references called the week of Christmas, but then again I applied by the "preferred date" of Sept 2nd, so maybe that's why mine was earlier.
Anyway, just freaking out and thought I'd let you guys know you're not alone!
Hey everyone! Our decisions should be coming in over the next few weeks. Ahhh, so close! I think that as we receive those long awaited emails we should post on here a few things to help those who apply next year. I suggest we post- whether you were accepted/denied. IS or OOS, GPA, GRE, and anything else you think helped your application (experience hours, a special program etc). It will help everyone have a better idea of what an accepted applicant looks like!
I was just told that a second one of my references was called last week! Idk if that's a good thing that two were called or not!!
There is an accepted applicant thread for 2019 students on SDN where you post all this information with all the schools where you were accepted/denied. I would at least post there since it is centralized and also here if you would like. Just throwing it out there.Hey everyone! Our decisions should be coming in over the next few weeks. Ahhh, so close! I think that as we receive those long awaited emails we should post on here a few things to help those who apply next year. I suggest we post- whether you were accepted/denied. IS or OOS, GPA, GRE, and anything else you think helped your application (experience hours, a special program etc). It will help everyone have a better idea of what an accepted applicant looks like!
Oh cool! I didn't see that thread... I will now be stalking it endlessly! I still think it would be helpful to post here as well, because that is only for those who were accepted. It would be neat to see stats on everyone.There is an accepted applicant thread for 2019 students on SDN where you post all this information with all the schools where you were accepted/denied. I would at least post there since it is centralized and also here if you would like. Just throwing it out there.
Tomorrow is Friday and they sent the email last year on Friday!! [emoji33]. It could be tomorrow!
I have a feeling it will be in February... I would be shocked if they told us this soon!Tomorrow is Friday and they sent the email last year on Friday!! [emoji33]. It could be tomorrow!
I have a feeling it will be in February... I would be shocked if they told us this soon!
You are probably right. One can only hope!!
Good luck! We're all tired of waiting, thankfully it's coming to an end pretty soon!One of my references got a call today. This wait is awful, I just want to know!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy crap that's a lot! I can not wait for FebruaryI think they call the references of the top 200~ applicants or something.
That's a lot of phone calls to make lol. Does anyone know around how many applicants there was this year.I think they call the references of the top 200~ applicants or something.
there were like 970 last year, so i'm sure that number just went up this year
Does anyone know if the rumor that they are going to accept 150 is true? I know there was talk about it since they built the new school.
http://www.vet.uga.edu/vmlc/index.php according to the website they should admit 150.
Is that for this cycle though?
Should be, the new hospital opens in March.Is that for this cycle though?
Well hopefully the rumor is true!
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the class of 2019 will not be 150 students. I think they are working up to that number within the next few years. But this class will be larger than the past years. I think by like 10 students or so, because only 2 seats or something will be added for OOS students... This is just what I recall from a meeting with the admissions counselor last summer.
You seem to have all the insider information jmstroup lol it's much appreciated [emoji6]Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the class of 2019 will not be 150 students. I think they are working up to that number within the next few years. But this class will be larger than the past years. I think by like 10 students or so, because only 2 seats or something will be added for OOS students... This is just what I recall from a meeting with the admissions counselor last summer.
It's hard to believe it's almost decision time. I am the only one from my university (Delaware State University) applying to vet school this year so it's nice to be able to come on here and share my anxiety with everyone [emoji4]The anxiety is unreal, but at this point I just want to know. I am so excited/nervous! We have all waited for this moment for years and years and we are SO close 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious what makes you think that? I hope your right though[emoji3]I betting on top 10% tomorrow and the rest of us next week.
May have to do with that "insider information"... I've said too much already 😉Just curious what makes you think that? I hope your right though[emoji3]
Omg you shouldn't say things like this now I am going to be in a panic for the next weekMay have to do with that "insider information"... I've said too much already 😉
Still not sure my references have been called, do ya'll think that is an automatic deferral? :/
I hope not because I don't think mine have been called either 🙁
Do we know what it means if references have not been called? I would assume that 99% of accepted students had a reference called. Perhaps the only exceptions that they would make would be for those top 10% students with exceptional GRE, GPA, and experiences?
last year, top 10% got calls like 3 weeks before regular decision emails went out
HeheOmg you shouldn't say things like this now I am going to be in a panic for the next week

Hearing the rumors I've heard from going to school here has caused severe anxiety, nightmares, loss of appetite.. on top of 3 very difficult exams in 2 weeks. I think getting in is the hardest part of vet school, haha...
didnt they already call the top 10% back in january?
didnt they already call the top 10% back in january?
that's been the million dollar question for a couple weeks now lol
The way I understood it, it was just a few OOS people that got called, not top 10% of everyone.
... Hopefully that's accurate! We still have a chance! 🙂
... Hopefully that's accurate! We still have a chance! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected
Me too.
So sorry! Now I'm super nervous I haven't heard anything [emoji15]Rejected
Did you guys get emails