-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***
Started by hopingtogetin3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm a second time applicant and they didn't do this last year (as far as I remember, and going off of what they posted in here at least), I'm not sure why they would follow up now considering its like.... way to late to fix anything you had questions about? Seems super strange. But they don't interview at all, so I wouldn't worry about not asking anything important. The staff is super nice so maybe they're just calling around to the OOS people (since you're a smaller batch) to be friendly.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an in state and got the same call today.I'm a second time applicant and they didn't do this last year (as far as I remember, and going off of what they posted in here at least), I'm not sure why they would follow up now considering its like.... way to late to fix anything you had questions about? Seems super strange. But they don't interview at all, so I wouldn't worry about not asking anything important. The staff is super nice so maybe they're just calling around to the OOS people (since you're a smaller batch) to be friendly.
I got a call but no voicemail was left. What was the number?
They've never done this in the past that I've heard. I'm an IS 4th time applicant
They've never done this in the past that I've heard. I'm an IS 4th time applicant
OR, since VMCAS changed, and you are all first time applicants, they're trying to gauge how the new application did? Idk...now I'm nervous
I'm second year applicant and just got the call today, maybe they're doing it in spurts.OR, since VMCAS changed, and you are all first time applicants, they're trying to gauge how the new application did? Idk...now I'm nervous
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Well my last name starts with an S. Maybe they haven't made it that far yet? [emoji26]
Same, hoping you're right. I'm now freaking out.Well my last name starts with an S. Maybe they haven't made it that far yet? [emoji26]
No call yet for me, first time OOS. I'm confused what their motivation behind this is.. Are they wanting to gauge our questions on the application process or are they really looking for us to ask questions about their program?
Last edited:
Well if they call me, I'll ask why they're calling people? but in a less sketchy way. 🙂
No call today. Will cross fingers for Monday
Has anyone with a last name that starts with the letter "C" been called yet? I'm a first time OOS applicant, and I haven't received a call yet. Then again, I am also currently out of the country for 10 months so if they called and didn't leave a voicemail I may have no idea if they called or not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UGA doesn't interview. So I really would put so much stress on this phone call. Maybe they are just calling randomly to get feedback.
I just got the same call yesterday and I'm an IS applicant with a W last name. The woman was very polite and asked the same questions y'all have said she asked. I asked her when she thought they might release any admissions decisions and she said the first couple of weeks in February.
Still no call for me. This is usually how it goes
No call for me either. I really would not worry about it. They do not interview. We will just have to wait for February.
Also, do not forget to submit Fall 2015 transcripts to UGA by mid January (I forget the exact date).
Also, do not forget to submit Fall 2015 transcripts to UGA by mid January (I forget the exact date).
In my four years of applying, they've never done that though.
Has anybody's references been called?
Has anybody's references been called?
Since I had no idea if I had been called or not (out of the country for 10 months), and since I had some questions, I took advantage of the opportunity to send an email to get my questions answered. I also asked when should we expect to hear back from them on decisions, and they told me that they are "hoping to let all applicants know by late January or early February."
Read this and felt I should share. http://www.drandyroark.com/all-i-need-to-know-in-vet-med-i-learned-from-yoda/
My references haven't said anything to me yet, and one of them absolutely will tell me the day it happens!
Esther told me yesterday that they started calling in November and will continue to make calls, so there's still time!My references haven't said anything to me yet, and one of them absolutely will tell me the day it happens!
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I haven't heard from any of my references either... I know three of the five would have told me if they had been called...
@Mei24 you haven't gotten your residency verification yet either? I'm from Delaware so I'm applying for that seat and I have been harassing the Delaware contact and the admissions office. Esther said that the deadline isn't really all that binding. You could always send an email to Parker Moore who is charge of the residency stuff.
Woohoo a Delaware person, I'm rooting for all the Delaware people!@Mei24 you haven't gotten your residency verification yet either? I'm from Delaware so I'm applying for that seat and I have been harassing the Delaware contact and the admissions office. Esther said that the deadline isn't really all that binding. You could always send an email to Parker Moore who is charge of the residency stuff.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there is a restriction on the 6 hour English requirement where they have to be composition classes? I'm currently registered for a writing intensive composition class for next semester to fulfill the second semester of English, but am wondering if I can switch to a literature based class (so I can double dip and fulfill a humanities for my degree )
@thinkpawsitive just email or call Esther! She's really helpful and really nice. I believe Georgia is pretty strict on what will count for English, but you can't be sure unless you contact them!
I am worried. I am in state applying for the 5th time. Each year there is a new reason that I have not been accepted. I did not receive a call to see if I had any questions or concerns. To my knowledge, this is the first year they have made personal calls to students. They do not do interviews. My references were called in December/January of last year but I still wasn't accepted. I received my denial email on February 21st last year mid-day.
I'm right there with ya. I'm a 4th time applicant, IS. I didn't receive a call and my references were called last year as well to no avail
Nope, but you won't hear anything from UGA until they give you a decision (last year some were sent out Jan 30th, up until later Feb). Your references may get called soon though (sometimes they'll just call one).
Do they call everyone's references or just the ones that are considered for acceptance?Nope, but you won't hear anything from UGA until they give you a decision (last year some were sent out Jan 30th, up until later Feb). Your references may get called soon though (sometimes they'll just call one).
I believe they call the references of just the ones they are considering for acceptance. It is the last step I believe. Last year, I knew several people (including myself) that got calls to their references (I had two called myself) but weren't not accepted.Do they call everyone's references or just the ones that are considered for acceptance?
Thanks just curious and being hopefulI believe they call the references of just the ones they are considering for acceptance. It is the last step I believe. Last year, I knew several people (including myself) that got calls to their references (I had two called myself) but weren't not accepted.
Yeah 2/3 of mine were called last year and I was waitlisted (slot #5). But yeah, I think its the last part of the puzzle so they aren't wasting time calling people they aren't going to consider.
Not mine, nor the other 2 people I work with that are applying. All 3 of mine were called last year.so just to confirm, no one on here has had a reference be called yet this year?
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Nope, not yet. Hopefully that means they haven't really jumped into that part of the process yet (which makes sense with all the holidays and stuff), or at least I'm going to keep repeating that to myself over and over again so I can sleep!
🙂
🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was that today?At least one of my references was called, but I'm applying for a contract seat. Not sure if that makes a difference.