Ultimate gunning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Shadowing is much different than what I thought it was, apparently.

Here is the lucky guy in question.

64440442.jpg

I guess the one thing that is good about this for him is that he can just supply a link to yahoo news when filling out the disciplinary action section on amcas...

Members don't see this ad :)
On a side note, this is the first time I've read an article about a (relatively) minor crime committed by a minor that mentions their name. I would understand if he was being tried as an adult, but they specifically mention he's being held in a juvenile center...

Either way yuss meme yuss

On a side note, this is the first time I've read an article about a (relatively) minor crime committed by a minor that mentions their name. I would understand if he was being tried as an adult, but they specifically mention he's being held in a juvenile center...

Either way yuss meme yuss

They released the fake ID card, so that's probably how everyone got the name. They might not have released the name specifically, but the card was enough.

EDIT: Think that was the case after seeing this in an article.
From a TV channel, "Even though Mathew Scheidt is a minor, News 13 chose to identify him based on the seriousness of his charges and also for your protection."

Last edited:
There appears to be a lot of confusion about what he actually did in these articles...

Did he impersonate a PA student or a PA? It sounds like he impersonated a student. In that case, you've got to wonder how he made it past his initial preceptor. The PA he started following at the beginning should have identified some pretty severe deficits in his knowledge after about, oh, 1 exam.

Also, I think it's funny how they say things like "he even did CPR on a patient" when this is probably one of his more moderate offenses. (I.e., despite this being a serious matter, he was probably actually certified at the healthcare provider level if he was working as a clerk in a doctor's office. At least, he would be if he were working in our hospital in that position....) If he was pushing meds or cosigning orders or doing invasive procedures, I'd be a lot more concerned. This was just plain stupid.

And calling PAs "doctor's aids"...classic.

There appears to be a lot of confusion about what he actually did in these articles...

Did he impersonate a PA student or a PA? It sounds like he impersonated a student. In that case, you've got to wonder how he made it past his initial preceptor. The PA he started following at the beginning should have identified some pretty severe deficits in his knowledge after about, oh, 1 exam.

Also, I think it's funny how they say things like "he even did CPR on a patient" when this is probably one of his more moderate offenses. (I.e., despite this being a serious matter, he was probably actually certified at the healthcare provider level if he was working as a clerk in a doctor's office. At least, he would be if he were working in our hospital in that position....) If he was pushing meds or cosigning orders or doing invasive procedures, I'd be a lot more concerned. This was just plain stupid.

And calling PAs "doctor's aids"...classic.

The badge he used clearly said "PA", so I doubt that he was trying to impersonate a PA student. Also, if a patient had died because of his actions, such as that cardiac patient, it would be a much bigger deal. Still, as far as I know, no one was injured, so that's why we are making fun of it.

OH. MY. GOD.

THAT IS AWESOME. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumbup: to instant meme-age.

The badge he used clearly said "PA", so I doubt that he was trying to impersonate a PA student. Also, if a patient had died because of his actions, such as that cardiac patient, it would be a much bigger deal. Still, as far as I know, no one was injured, so that's why we are making fun of it.

The badge said PA, but he told ED employees he was a student there. When we have students, their badges often say the level of training they are pursuing (e.g., "RN" or "EMT-B") but have the school's name on them and they are wearing a different uniform (e.g., white scrubs for RN students instead of blue for RNs).

As for CPR, I agree it'd be a bigger deal if the cardiac pt had not been resuscitated due to this kid's CPR; however, it is noteworthy that a person w/o a pulse is already clinically dead. Even if performed correctly, the chance of a return of spontaneous circulation and ultimate survival is extraordinarily low. (In the case of a hospital setting where the pt was seen to code, the chances are 48% and 22% respectively, but if the pt's code was not observed, the chances drop to 21% and only 1% respectively.) Of course, those statistics would not mitigate the legal implications of a pt's death on this kid's illegitimate watch.

The badge said PA, but he told ED employees he was a student there. When we have students, their badges often say the level of training they are pursuing (e.g., "RN" or "EMT-B") but have the school's name on them and they are wearing a different uniform (e.g., white scrubs for RN students instead of blue for RNs).

As for CPR, I agree it'd be a bigger deal if the cardiac pt had not been resuscitated due to this kid's CPR; however, it is noteworthy that a person w/o a pulse is already clinically dead. Even if performed correctly, the chance of a return of spontaneous circulation and ultimate survival is extraordinarily low. (In the case of a hospital setting where the pt was seen to code, the chances are 48% and 22% respectively, but if the pt's code was not observed, the chances drop to 21% and only 1% respectively.) Of course, those statistics would not mitigate the legal implications of a pt's death on this kid's illegitimate watch.

Sounds like a really confusing system, but I see your point. So he was basically telling the staff that he was a student, but telling patients that he was a physician assistant. Thanks for clearing that up.

I love every single one of you. I cried when I read the words "Brain Serjun".

Is it possible he is trying to be the next Frank Abagnale?

So he impersonates an impersonator??

Very smrt....

Watch. Next you'll probably find him interning at the White House, and then will begin Matthew Scheidt administration.

Haha I like this one quote from the comments section of the NYC Times article

"If I knew he was doing that, I would have gone in and told him my dick hurts or tell him I think I have hemorrhoids just to see how he would want to treat my ailments. DAMN! I missed another opportunity to play doctor."

Haha I like this one quote from the comments section of the NYC Times article

"If I knew he was doing that, I would have gone in and told him my dick hurts or tell him I think I have hemorrhoids just to see how he would want to treat my ailments. DAMN! I missed another opportunity to play doctor."

to that quote. I'm sure he would of checked it. hes a pro :laugh:

The Tx of hemorrhoids is to either do nothing and put preparation H on, or surgery.

I don't think you want this guy to do surgery on you :cool:

The more I read about this kid, the more it sounds like medicine's version of Dwight Schrute, creating his own positions.

Can we safely assume that this kid will never get in a medical school or PA school in the states?