This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT_2022

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was googling in search of finding any forums talking about the acceptance process for UM DPT and came across a thread from last years students that shared who had already been contacted, accepted, and also wait listed. I figured it would be a good idea to do the same here.

I know that UM DPT offers 2 sets of interviews, either in October or November (October 19th session just passed). If you have had your interview already, and have any comments in regards to it, feel free to share here! Same applies if you have heard back from the program post interview.

I had my interview on October 19th, and I haven't heard back yet (I know it has only been 4 days). I have spoken to some students who got an acceptance letter only a few days after their interview, and others whom got an acceptance as close as 2 days before the program starts.

Anyways, just figured this would be a good place to discuss any of the above scenarios and keep all applicants for UM DPT updated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also interviewed October 19th! I heard most people heard back last year within a couple of weeks, around November 1st or 2nd. Not to say it'll be the same this time or the same for everyone, but I'm hoping to hear soon!

I also interviewed October 19th! I heard most people heard back last year within a couple of weeks, around November 1st or 2nd. Not to say it'll be the same this time or the same for everyone, but I'm hoping to hear soon!
Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later! Thanks for the post!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied a little bit closer to the deadline - I believe around October 12th. I received an email with a confirmation that they received my application and supplementary fee, but nothing else. How long did it take to hear back about an interview?

I applied a little bit closer to the deadline - I believe around October 12th. I received an email with a confirmation that they received my application and supplementary fee, but nothing else. How long did it take to hear back about an interview?
About 3-4 weeks

From the day I turned in my supplementary fee, I heard back within the same week if I am not mistaken. However since the date of the interview I still haven't gotten any feedback at all. Still patiently waiting for an email. Fingers crossed, I hope it all works out.

Has anyone else heard back since the October 19th interview date?

From the day I turned in my supplementary fee, I heard back within the same week if I am not mistaken. However since the date of the interview I still haven't gotten any feedback at all. Still patiently waiting for an email. Fingers crossed, I hope it all works out.

When did you submit your application?

8/28/18, so I think you are good, just keep checking that email! Hope it works out for you as well.

Thanks! I'm guessing there was a big influx of applications close to the deadline, so maybe it'll take a little longer to hear back.

H

I interviewed October 19th and haven't heard back yet either!

Hey everyone hope all is well. Just checking in to see if any of you all have any updates?

No :( unfortunately I still have not heard anything!

Hi! I have my interview for Miami this Friday and wanted to know how y’all’s went and if y’all had any advice? This is my first PT school interview this cycle and overall so I have a lot of nerves.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have my interview for Miami this Friday and wanted to know how y’all’s went and if y’all had any advice? This is my first PT school interview this cycle and overall so I have a lot of nerves.
I would say you’re nerves will go away as soon as you start talking with your interviewer. It was really conversational and at least for me, the questions asked were based from my application. So know your app, be yourself and have questions ready for both students and whoever is interviewing you. It was a fun time for me, I left very impressed.

Reactions: 2 users
I would say you’re nerves will go away as soon as you start talking with your interviewer. It was really conversational and at least for me, the questions asked were based from my application. So know your app, be yourself and have questions ready for both students and whoever is interviewing you. It was a fun time for me, I left very impressed.

Thank you! I just finished looking over the faculty and there’s a handful I’d love to get interviewed by cause I already have so many questions for them

Reactions: 1 users

I agree with @Aktowhere ! I think the nerves are normal (this was also my first interview this cycle) but once you start talking to the professor interviewing you and later on (or before depending on your schedule for that day) the students, all the nerves go away. All the current students were super nice and helpful, and the interview itself was all about you and your application. I felt like my application was really considered and studied before the interview, which as an applicant you have to be very happy with given all the time and effort we spend putting them together.

Definitely not your generic cookie cutter interview, very much about you and you application and how you fit into the program. Be yourself, and be confident in all the information you have in your application and I think you'll see that your experience will go super smoothly.

Good Luck!

Hey everyone hope all is well. Just checking in to see if any of you all have any updates?
Finally heard back today! And thankfully I can report that I've been accepted. Did anyone else hear from Jhelane?

Finally heard back today! And thankfully I can report that I've been accepted. Did anyone else hear from Jhelane?
Ahhh congrats! That’s exciting! What day did you interview?

Hi everyone, I also interviewed Oct 19th and was emailed today that i've been accepted! As far as my interview, mine was pretty conversational as well, my interviewer asked me maybe 2 or 3 cookie cutter questions (why PT and why Miami) but after that after that we talked about anything that came up from my answers. My interview was the last session, which I think calmed my nerves a bit since I got to talk to so many students about their experiences and what they liked most about the program before actually interviewing. Best of luck!

Ahhh congrats! That’s exciting! What day did you interview?
Thank you! I interviewed October 19th! I also was asked questions mostly about my application, interests, goals, etc. It was very conversational and I didn't feel like I had to "sell myself." Best of luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!

Congratulations to you and @DPT--2022 !!!! That must be the best feeling ever getting that acceptance letter. Really happy for the both of you!

If the both of you do not mind, would you mind sharing your stats (GPA CUM, GPA PREREQ and GRE)? Would love to get an idea of where I stand next to the both of you.

Again congrats and hope to hear back soon!

Congratulations to you and @DPT--2022 !!!! That must be the best feeling ever getting that acceptance letter. Really happy for the both of you!

If the both of you do not mind, would you mind sharing your stats (GPA CUM, GPA PREREQ and GRE)? Would love to get an idea of where I stand next to the both of you.

Thanks so much! I really don't know how much they weigh these in decision making, but here are my stats:

GPA Cum: 3.9
GPA PreReq: 4.0
GRE: 160 verbal, 161 quantitative, 4.5 writing
Hours: 150 shadowing, variety of settings

Thanks so much! I really don't know how much they weigh these in decision making, but here are my stats:

GPA Cum: 3.9
GPA PreReq: 4.0
GRE: 160 verbal, 161 quantitative, 4.5 writing
Hours: 150 shadowing, variety of settings

Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it!!!

Congratulations again, clearly well deserved.

Thank you!!
Cumulative GPA: 3.90
Pre-req: not too sure since it differs a little bit between schools and what they require, most likely around a 3.8
GRE: 157 verbal, 159 math, 5.0 writing
200 hours in a variety of outpatient settings (ortho, sports, neuro, peds), part of a club sport at my university, pre-health honor society, physiology teaching assistant

Thank you!!
Cumulative GPA: 3.90
Pre-req: not too sure since it differs a little bit between schools and what they require, most likely around a 3.8
GRE: 157 verbal, 159 math, 5.0 writing
200 hours in a variety of outpatient settings (ortho, sports, neuro, peds), part of a club sport at my university, pre-health honor society, physiology teaching assistant

Thank you for sharing! Also clearly very well deserved. Congratulations!

I had my interview on Nov 16
Was that the last interview session?
Has anyone heard back from Nov 2?
Eagerly waiting to hear back
Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to everyone!
I interviewed the second, still waiting to hear back. What where your impressions?

Good luck to everyone!

They gave me the options of the 16th or 30th to interview so I know they’ll have another session on the 30th

Absolutely loved the school. Everyone was so warm and i love how small it is. My interview was extremely laid back. We talked about miami, exercise and piano. I think it went well but I'm still nervous. Was your interview long?
What were your stats?
Same exact feeling. My interview was like 50 minutes. She only asked me like 5 questions and we talked about our respective journeys and then I asked a bunch of questions.
But my stats were 3.5 cgpa
3.3 pre req
150 verbal, 149 quant 4.0 writing
Close to 500 observation hours.
What about you?

Hey everyone, just checking in...any more good news??

Nothing yet :/ Is anyone familiar with UM’s accepted stats and how mine might compare? Mine are below

Undergraduate: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Graduate: University of Florida
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.80
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.75-3.85
GRE Scores: Q155, V157, AW4.0

Volunteer Hours: 220; 20 sub-acute, 20 inpatient, and 180 outpatient (mix of neuro, ortho, geriatrics, peds)
LOR: 1 PT, 1 supervisor, and 1 graduate advisor/professor
Extra-Curricular: Graduate assistant, national service sorority member, group fitness instructor, geriatric exercise physiologist, home-health rehabilitation assistant, exercise physiologist internship, fitness practicum, volunteer note-taker, tutor, junior lifeguard supervisor, CPR/AED certified, First Aid certified, Dean's list (4 semesters), President's list (1 semester), water aerobics instructor certified

Applied: UM, UCF, UF, UNF
Acceptances: None
Interviews: UCF, UNF
Rejections: None

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nothing yet :/ Is anyone familiar with UM’s accepted stats and how mine might compare? Mine are below

Undergraduate: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Graduate: University of Florida
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.80
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.75-3.85
GRE Scores: Q155, V157, AW4.0

Volunteer Hours: 220; 20 sub-acute, 20 inpatient, and 180 outpatient (mix of neuro, ortho, geriatrics, peds)
LOR: 1 PT, 1 supervisor, and 1 graduate advisor/professor
Extra-Curricular: Graduate assistant, national service sorority member, group fitness instructor, geriatric exercise physiologist, home-health rehabilitation assistant, exercise physiologist internship, fitness practicum, volunteer note-taker, tutor, junior lifeguard supervisor, CPR/AED certified, First Aid certified, Dean's list (4 semesters), President's list (1 semester), water aerobics instructor certified

Applied: UM, UCF, UF, UNF
Acceptances: None
Interviews: UCF, UNF
Rejections: None

Pretty solid stats if you ask me. I am right around the same as you. But I sill havent heard back.

Any luck so far?

Nothing yet... Have you applied to any other Florida schools?

Update finally! Received an invitation for an interview today :)

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing yet... Have you applied to any other Florida schools?

In Florida, only FIU and USF. UCF has a prerequisite I wont have enough time to complete unfortunately. I am thinking on completing an application to NOVA as well.

HBU?

I interviewed on November 2. I was just curious if anyone that had an interview that day has heard back?

I interviewed on November 2. I was just curious if anyone that had an interview that day has heard back?
I was at that interview day also, still waiting to hear back as well.

Anyone hear anything this week? I interviewed on the 19th and still haven't heard back :( I'm getting nervous!!

Hey everyone, I interviewed on Nov 2 and received an email today with an acceptance! Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted and best wishes to anyone still waiting to hear back or interview!!

Hey everyone, I interviewed on Nov 2 and received an email today with an acceptance! Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted and best wishes to anyone still waiting to hear back or interview!!
Congrats, that’s so awesome! How quick of a turn around do you have before you have to let them know whether you accept or not?

Congrats, that’s so awesome! How quick of a turn around do you have before you have to let them know whether you accept or not?

Thank you! 10 days, based on the wording I think it is 10 days from receiving the official letter in the mail.

What were your stats if you don't mind posting?

To those who got accepted have y’all accepted your offer? I recently got offered and still trying to make a final decision and would love to talk to those who have decided to attend the program.

To those who got accepted have y’all accepted your offer? I recently got offered and still trying to make a final decision and would love to talk to those who have decided to attend the program.

I will be attending! I tried starting a conversation with you but it wont let me.

Hey everybody, I was on this thread last year (as you can tell by my username). I'm a current student in the program so I've been in your shoes before. There is still a decent amount of time until some people may hear back. I believe interviews are still going on until the last week of January-first week of February. I interviewed in the first week of February this past year, on the last date! I was notified of being waitlisted in mid February (when everyone pretty much has to have UM reach out to them with a decision) and then found out I got in right before March.

I was an athletic training major with a cumulative GPA of 3.8. I don't remember my prerequisite GPA. My GRE scores: Verbal -150, Quantitative-154, and Writing -5.0. I had 101 observational hours in three different settings. A LOT of my resume was my volunteer work and clinical experiences I has done in AT.

I was 5/5 for schools and Miami was the only one I applied to outside of MA. I didn't even hear from Miami until after New Years about interview dates. It takes a lot of patience. I know some programs want your admissions decisions within a week or two within hearing from them. It's a predicament I was in too. Some schools wanted my admissions decision with a deposit by a deadline that was set before I even had my interview with UM. It was a tough spot to be in, but I made it! All good things come in due time!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,

Has anyone that interviewed on Nov 30th heard back from the school. I am very nervous. Thank you

Hello,

Has anyone that interviewed on Nov 30th heard back from the school. I am very nervous. Thank you

I’m guessing they might be waiting to make the last few rounds of decisions until after the next interview session. I interview next week and I know there’s at least one more