UNC letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTtoDDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aaaarghhh! I just spoke with UNC and they just sent their letters out today. Aaarghhh! I have an interview in Richmond that I'd rather not take if I found out I was in UNC. If I don't go no letter will come. If I go my letter will show up on Friday. Did I say Aaarghhh!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain, PTtoDDS. To make matters worse, letters are being sent by certified mail, and I was told they may not arrive for a week. I'm old, and my heart can't take it. I did, however, receive an acceptance to Michigan today, which takes a little edge off. I really don't want to relocate my family, however, and pay more than twice what Carolina will cost. Hope we both receive good news from the UNC soon.

BTW, how about those hardwood Tarheels. Here's for a victory tonight over Illinois.

Go Heels!

Jacksonheel

I feel your pain. Thanks for bringing up the subject. I've just been waiting by my mailbox with fingers crossed. At least I know I can wait a little longer. I think I speak on behalf of all UNC applicants when I say that we are jealous of the SDNers that recieved acceptances from those quick-to-mail schools. Sheesh! good luck all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any News from UNC!!!

waiting...and waiting. i would guess that the inclement whether in chapel hill really put a dent in mail delivery. who knows what it did to the notoriously slow "certified mail." last year, it took 14 days (really!) for a certified letter to get from chapel hill to tallahassee, fl.

i too am waiting on the unc letters. Now does certified mail mean I have to be at home to sign for the letter when it comes? It's been quite a while.

i can't quite remember if you have to be present when certified letters are delivered. however, if you arent home they'll leave a note telling you to pick it up at the post office.

Another trip to the mailbox, another day of nothing. I thought certified mail traveled more quickly than this. Of course, I am in Raleigh, where I STILL DON'T HAVE POWER. My post office didn't have it as of Friday, when I left town in search of current. I hope my lack of mail does not mean that I'm not getting in. I know they only accept half of the class in December, but I really wanted to be part of that half. I have an interview on Friday in Charleston, SC that I would really like to cancel.

Oh well, another day.

jacksonheel

Nothing, nothing, nothing. Crap!

Do the people on this thread "expect" to get into Carolina (ie, in state with good stats)? I'm a 1995 graduate from UNC, and a 1998 graduate of Vanderbilt Law School. My undergraduate grades were 3.7+, with a 3.7+ in science. Law school grades around 3.5. DAT 23 acad./21 PAT. My interviews went well, and both of the professors I ineterviewed with told me I would be getting in, but as a lawyer, I never beleive anything until I see it in writing.

I felt pretty good on December 2, but every day that creaps by makes me more and more nervous.

Good luck all,

jacksonheel

jackson, i'm with you. i also received a good vibe from interviewers. we are all sweating bullets. i have still not heard of a soul with an acceptance. i'll drop you a pm, but i dont think there is need to worry.

Yes I was told "if I could promise anyone a spot it would be you."

DAT Overall 23
AA 23
PAT 18
Science GPA 3.75
BCP GPA 3.69
overall 3.25

Actually Saturday was my low point. I have reached a level of learned helplessness at this point, sort of like the mouse in the cage where they keep shocking him until he just lays down and curls up in the corner

Sorry Jacksonheel, I too am instate...forgot that part. Interesting you are a post grad as well.
UNC '91
MCV '95 Physical Therapy.
If we both get in you can help with everyone's legal problems and I can help with musculoskeletal problems. Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
PTtoDDS, you're pretty old. I like to say that because I'm probably 8 years older than most people applying. When I took undergraduate classes this summer to finish my prerequisites, it was very odd sitting next to 18, 19 and 20 year olds. They were born during the Reagan administration.

Its nice to see other nontraditional students. If neither of us get in, there's something wrong with the system.

Lets hope today is the day.

Well, I just got a call from my wife and I have a certified letter waiting at the post office. According to the notice, it is "big." So, either I'm getting sued (as lawsuits are served in NC via certified mail) or I've gotten into UNC. Hopefully, its the latter, as I really don't need a malpractice action. Unfortunately, the letter isn't available at the post office until tomorrow morning at 8:30.

Here's hoping the letter contains what I think it does, and that everyone else gets their letters soon.

jacksonheel

i'll join you, jacksonheel. mine arrived this afternoon. curiously, it was postmarked dec 9th (yesterday!). i can't figure this mail service out. if they did, in fact, send them last week....well, unc paid $5.11 to send an envelope 3 miles, and it took nearly a week. sheesh. hopefully everyone else will get their envelope soon. best of luck.

I'll add a bit to this thread, although I didn't apply to UNC.

UNC letters arrived seemed to have arrived here in Utah today, because several of my friends have received them.

i got my letter today. it was postmarked 12/9/02. i'm an instate resisdent.

I picked up my mail, and thankfully, I haven't been sued. My letter was also postmarked 12/9.

Go Heels!

You guys were killing me. Utah? Yesterday? I live in Hickory. Alls well that ends well. Packet arrived today. Already sent in deposit, etc. Aaahhhh.

I see you are planning on UNC JacksonHeel. I look forward to seeing you there and I may be older, but I bet you look older you ole fart. Would that be libel as being written or slander being on a forum?

PTtoDDS,

Congratulations! Its interesting that you live in Hickory. A good friend of mine is a dentist there. He and I have discussed practicing together after I graduate. I would guess I will end up either in Hickory, or here in Raleigh.

I was in Hickory this past weekend seeking reprieve from the ice storm in Raleigh. While Hickory also had lots of power outages, it wasn't as bad as it was here.

My deposit also was sent today.

jacksonheel

My comments are neithe libel nor slander . . . they are true.