zackpack7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anybody be able to tell me the advantages and disadvantages of each of the following schools in regards to program quality, academic rigor, and research opportunities for an aspiring pre-med student? In the long run, which of the following schools would help me the most with medical school applications? (New Jersey Resident). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) Rutgers University - New Brunswick
2) University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
3) Ohio State University - Columbus
4) State University of New York - Stony Brook

Members don't see this ad.

Would anybody be able to tell me the advantages and disadvantages of each of the following schools in regards to program quality, academic rigor, and research opportunities for an aspiring pre-med student? In the long run, which of the following schools would help me the most with medical school applications? (New Jersey Resident). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which would be least expensive? That should make your choice for you.

Reactions: 2 users

I skimmed through the pre-med sections of your colleges, and they basically all say the same thing, as with most colleges. I think you'll be fine no matter where you go. Look at which school will cost you the least amount of money, and determine where you'll be most happy and comfortable. If you haven't already, I recommend visiting as many of those colleges as you can. A teacher of mine once told me that when she was applying to colleges, she got accepted to Cornell, but after visiting the campus, she couldn't see herself spending four years of her life there, despite its prestigious reputation. She ended up going to a cheap, public, in-state university. Anyway, as long as you put in the work in your prerequisite courses for medical school, any college will prepare you well.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Ohio State University. In my obviously bias opinion

Ok. I'll probably visit my remaining campuses within the next month or so. Thanks a lot for the answers guys.

Go where you can to get the highest GPA.