UNECOM interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bostongirl22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else here is going to be at UNECOM this Thurs. the 21st for an interview?

Anyone who has already interviewed there have any words of advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey BostonGirl - I was just accepted at UNE a few weeks ago. I loved it there, everyone is so down to earth and cool, I think I may go.

As far as the interview goes just be yourself. I know everyone says that about every interview but I think it's really important at UNE. I think that they are really looking for people who are comfortable with who they are, and comfortable with being a DO. They tell you that if you are being interviewed you have already passed the numbers cut, so that's cool.

Good luck, if you want any more info just drop me a line!!

Thanks a lot slipslap! I was up in Biddeford for a reception a couple weeks ago, and I loved it. So, hopefully all will go well and I'll get accepted too.

Anyways, I appreciate the advice :)

Shannon

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi bostongirl - I interviewed at UNE last fall and will be attending this coming year. The interview is very layed back and unstructured. When you arrive you'll probably be in a lounge area with the rest of the interviewees and some first & second year med students. The students are incredibly helpful and will answer all your questions. You'll be given your interview time and you'll probably just hang out with the med students or tour the facilities until then. My interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was a panel interview with 2 Ph.D's and a D.O. They asked mostly questions right from my personal statement. I don't really recall getting any ethical questions. All in all, it was a good experience, and I'm very excited about attending next fall. Good luck on the interview, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Hey, BostonGirl! Good luck on your interview! I agree that the most important thing to remember is to be yourself and to try (as difficult as this may be!) to be relaxed. I interviewed at UNE in the fall and will most likely be attending in August.

Anna :)

Thanks everyone for your help! I thought it went well yesterday! They said I could call on Tuesday to find out...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

If you haven't checked out interview feedback then it's worth the effort. The interview consisted of a science prof., a staff D.O. and a 2nd year student. Very casual, lots of empathy. Don't worry about a thing Boston, it's a walk in the park. Good Luck!

Ha! I didn't even bother to scroll down after reading your post so my 1st reply is moot. Good Luck anyway.

Hello! I will be interviewing at UNECOM in March. I have been accepted at another school so the pressure is off somewhat. However, I think I would really like Maine. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is for out of state people to get a decent job in the area? My husband is a cop and will need to find work there. I have heard that Maine is hard on "outsiders". Any insights???

hi ugogirl - It's true that Mainers can be suspicious of those from away. However, I think southern Maine may be a different story so I wouldn't worry about it. I have no idea how hard it is to get police jobs, so I can't help you there. If you have any other questions about UNE or Maine, feel free to post them. Good luck on the interview!

Algae,
What did you like best about UNECOM? How long is the winter in Biddeford? Do you know if the elementary schools there are good? I have a daughter who will be entering 3rd grade. I can't wait to see that area of the country!

Well, it's hard to say what I like best about UNE. It's a fantastic school curriculum-faculty-atmosphere-wise. I love Maine so that was a big draw. I've met many students and graduates of UNE, and all had nothing but positive to say about the school. I work in a hospital that sees lots of UNE students and grads, and they have been held in high esteem for their clinical skills (the chief resident is from UNE too). I've also had the chance to meet a few faculty members and they were great. Basically, it was the perfect fit for me. I had the opportunity to interview at other places, and nowhere came close to UNE.

As far as your other question -- This year Maine was voted one of the top places to raise a child by some big magazine, though I don't know about the elementary school education in the Biddeford area. I know that public school education in other parts of Maine is fantastic. Have a good time at the interview, enjoy the beach, and if you have any other questions, please ask! Good luck!

i have an interview on the 21st of march, i can't wait! is anyone else interviewing on that day?

Hey ugogirl - I noticed an ad in the newspaper yesterday for summer police jobs in the Biddeford area. If you'd like the contact info, send me a PM.