UNECOM or NYCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which would you attend and why?

Members don't see this ad.

UNE, got interview invites at both but I decided that UNE is the best choice for me... declined my interview at NY. Smaller school, like the curriculum at UNE, liked the people there, like the rural area (as opposed to Long Island), plus it's closer to my fianee's parents house... these are all personal feelings and things I liked better, you need to make a decision on your own. I'm sure there will be people that are going to like NY better and I'm that is totally fine. UNE just seemed like the best fit for me... Anyway, just my $.02.

UNE. I was invited to interview at both also but I fell in love with UNE when i visited. Liked the smaller class size and location and people.

Members don't see this ad :)
UNE is a great place. The facilities are new. They have an intense gross class. And the view is awesome. I think you should strongly consider UNE. Also, their match list is strong too.

I'm in at UNE, but I'm also in at other schools, MD state too. But I'm thinking that I'm going to attend UNE. I really like it there.

Whether to attend UNE or NYCOM is only something that you can answer. Are you looking for a smaller atmosphere or larger atmosphere. Do you want to be fairly close to the city or more in the country environment? What size class would be more comfortable for you? Etc., etc....

For me, I wanted to be in a smaller atmosphere in a small town. I made the correct decision for me which was to attend UNE.

Wook

I have heard that people choose NYCOM for the same reason that they choose other urban med schools.

For the awesome clinical rotations in urban underserved locations in the 3rd and 4th years and the very competitive match list.

I wouldn't mind being on the coast of Maine either though.

:)