Unecom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparkler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone heard from UNECOM recently?? Interviewed third week in February...

Members don't see this ad.

i am wondering the same..i interviewed first week of march/last week of feb. but haven't heard anything yet.

Patience. It's coming... patience. If us current UNECOM students hear anything we'll let you know. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
haha, thanks. it's just so darn hard to be patient lately!

has there been any UNE waitlist movement yet? I was waitlisted in December. Since then, I have sent in a DO letter from an alumnus and a letter of intent. Would calling be beneficial? Thanks

Thanks for the post, ShyRem! Just a buncha' anxious pre-meds...compulsively checking mail, email, voicemail...errr, hopefully it's not just me! ;)

I also interviewed the third week of february. I was told the admissions committee would meet next week (3/15) to discuss those interviewed in february.

I remember those days... I think I checked email about 57,000 times a day and everytime I got up at night to pee. I was truly pathetic. :laugh:

I interviewed the third week in February and received my acceptance letter (dated March 6, 2007) on March 12, 2007.

Hope this helps.

Gipper, were you also notified via email or did you get your letter via U.S. post mail?

shotwell, do you mean someone who applied last year? I didn't know we'd made it to 4/1 yet...?

Gipper, were you also notified via email or did you get your letter via U.S. post mail?

All decisions are sent via snail mail by certified letter (you have to sign for it).

Members don't see this ad :)
RE: certified mail thing. Yeah, they said that last year too. My acceptance letter came regular old non-certified-no-signature-required-in-a-small-thin-normal-envelope. But the first line said "We are pleased....."

So don't put too much into the "certified only" thing.

RE: certified mail thing. Yeah, they said that last year too. My acceptance letter came regular old non-certified-no-signature-required-in-a-small-thin-normal-envelope. But the first line said "We are pleased....."

Yeah, who needs certified as long as it has a nice warm and toasty acceptance:)

hehe.. ah the waiting game..

good luck to those who are waiting! :thumbup:

hehe.. ah the waiting game..

good luck to those who are waiting! :thumbup:

I took a speed waiting course in college. Now I can wait 1 hour in only 15minutes.

That is not how they said the letter would come - that is actually how my acceptance letter came...by certified letter...so perhaps they are doing it that way this year.

I was not home the first time they attempted to deliver it and had to wait an extra two days...Ah, waiting.

Agreed. That's how it was supposed to come 6 years ago, but I got it via regular mail, so I too would not read too much into it.

Wook

So since UNECOM is doing space available acceptances, do you guys know if that guarantees acceptance for next years class if you can't get in this year?

So since UNECOM is doing space available acceptances, do you guys know if that guarantees acceptance for next years class if you can't get in this year?

Hi There,

I can tell you that my wife was in the same situation last year (ASA list). She was not pulled from the list for 2006 but was accepted after re-applying with the primary application this year without an interview. She did receive a letter detailing this information. So, if you make the ASA this year, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot next year. Good luck.

Hi There,

I can tell you that my wife was in the same situation last year (ASA list). She was not pulled from the list for 2006 but was accepted after re-applying with the primary application this year without an interview. She did receive a letter detailing this information. So, if you make the ASA this year, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot next year. Good luck.

Fantastic news, thanks a lot for the information:thumbup: I haven't received the letter yet, but now I know I will still be pretty happy with an ASA letter.

Kahuna,
Speaking as someone who was on the ASA list last year, what happened with us was that we were kept on a list with the chance of starting in the fall that we originally applied for. For me, this was fall 2006. As, ShyRem and others have said, people even started classes two days into the school year. When the class was officially full, we were no longer in the running for that year. We were told to reapply to UNECOM using the AACOMAS primary, and that we would "most likely" be assured a spot. After completing the primary app, sometime in early September, we were sent letter saying that we had officially been accepted for the class of 2011 starting in August 2007. We didnt need to complete any secondaries or send in recs or anything further than the primary application. Granted, you are also able to apply to other schools at this time if you so choose, while being pretty much assured that you will get into UNECOM. I interviewed in January of 2006 and found out I was on the ASA in April. So for now, dont stress, enjoy your days, dont continually harass the mailman, and just go about your daily business. Good luck and hopefully we will see you this fall.
-Rob

Kahuna,
Speaking as someone who was on the ASA list last year, what happened with us was that we were kept on a list with the chance of starting in the fall that we originally applied for. For me, this was fall 2006. As, ShyRem and others have said, people even started classes two days into the school year. When the class was officially full, we were no longer in the running for that year. We were told to reapply to UNECOM using the AACOMAS primary, and that we would "most likely" be assured a spot. After completing the primary app, sometime in early September, we were sent letter saying that we had officially been accepted for the class of 2011 starting in August 2007. We didnt need to complete any secondaries or send in recs or anything further than the primary application. Granted, you are also able to apply to other schools at this time if you so choose, while being pretty much assured that you will get into UNECOM. I interviewed in January of 2006 and found out I was on the ASA in April. So for now, dont stress, enjoy your days, dont continually harass the mailman, and just go about your daily business. Good luck and hopefully we will see you this fall.
-Rob

Allright, the stress level is officially down once again. Thanks for the insight.

I took a speed waiting course in college. Now I can wait 1 hour in only 15minutes.

rofl..
I am not going to lie.. my attention span is at most 40-45mins.. oh how am i going to survive med school~ :laugh:

for those still interested I just received an accept space avail. letter today and I live in upstate NY if anyone is trying to correlate geographic time frames. also interviewed first week of March. Good luck if you kids are still waiting!

Thanks. Good to know. I interviewed March 6th and am still waiting. Maybe tomorrow! :confused:

so are waitlist and accept space available the same thing?

Did people who interviewed the first week in March all get letters of some sort yesterday or today? My mail people are all messed up I think, because I usually get my paycheck (like clockwork) on Thursday, and it didn't come yesterday and the mail hasn't come yet today! I guess I've waited this long though, right? Can always wait a little longer. :oops:

Hi,
I had an interview on March 8th and I'm also still waiting.... :confused:
Good luck and congrat to those who've received responses.

I interviewed on March 15 and just received an ASA letter today. I'm just hoping there are a few people who decide to go somewhere else and open up some space for the rest of us.

I interviewed on March 15 and just received an ASA letter today. I'm just hoping there are a few people who decide to go somewhere else and open up some space for the rest of us.

You may consider using this site--> http://hitman.us/main.html
Click on Contracts.

I'm sure you will find the number of seats available suddenly increased.

I've used them for other situations and I recommend them highly.

Oh,...then maybe I got rejected since I haven't heard anything:(

Hooray! I got my ASA letter today! Does this mean if there are no spaces available for this year's class, that I'd automatically be in for next year's class? If not, how does it differ from the wait list?

Woohoo!!!! I got an ASA letter too!!! :)
But, what now?:rolleyes:

I want my letter dammit! Well, I did interview on the 15th, but it seems that other 15thers got some letters. The suspense is really building!

Unfortunately, now you wait. Fill out your FAFSA if you haven't done that yet. Hope, dream, and if you're of the persuasion that does so, pray a whole lot.

Waitlists will probably start moving more quickly after May 15. I don't talk to all my classmates, but I can think of 4 immediately who got in after July 1.

ASA is a high priority waitlist, and I think you get preference for next year's class. You should talk to Lisa if you have any questions about what ASA means. :)

I interviewed 03/13 and I just got an Accept Space letter on Friday (3/23).

I'm a little confused.
I was told by the Phd who interviewed me (March 8th) that the class was full...so is this really just a polite way to tell me that I was waitlisted.
I just read a post by one pre-med who interviewed on March 15th and got an Acceptance...not an ASA.
Can someone please help clarify this for me:(:confused::confused:

I'm a little confused.
I was told by the Phd who interviewed me (March 8th) that the class was full...so is this really just a polite way to tell me that I was waitlisted.
I just read a post by one pre-med who interviewed on March 15th and got an Acceptance...not an ASA.

You may need to ask the original poster if they were accepted, or went from ASA to accepted. I suspect that the PhD was probably giving you accurate information for that time, but some people may have opted not to attend.

Wook

Yeah, the Phd who interviewed me said the same thing... I have absolutely no idea what's going on over there.

I'm a little confused.

This is true. I talked to the person who got in from the 15th and he/she did get a straight accept...don't understand how if the class is "full", but he/she did.

This is true. I talked to the person who got in from the 15th and he/she did get a straight accept...don't understand how if the class is "full", but he/she did.

Thanks for looking into this, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, this sorta takes away from my original excitement about getting an ASA letter...and although I shouldn't feel this way, I can't help but to feel somewhat deceived. :(

Thanks for looking into this, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, this sorta takes away from my original excitement about getting an ASA letter...and although I shouldn't feel this way, I can't help but to feel somewhat deceived. :(

Hey, at least you got the ASA, I got the straight up rejection yesterday:thumbdown: Now that was a bummer. Well, Vegas and Cali are still in play, we shall see...

FYI. I was accepted via email and then got my official letter via registered mail.

No, an "accept space available" letter is a high priority waitlist.

not at UNECOM...

UNECOM does not have a Waitlist. There is only Accepted Sapce Avail. so in essence it's the same thing as a waitlist it just sounds better.