Univ. of Nebraska Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kristin_Le

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize there probably aren't too many UNMC applicants on here...but I just scheduled my interview for dec. 6 and I was wondering if anyone out there had already interviewed there and could give me a heads up as to what I can expect for questions. What did they ask you...what were your general impressions/feelings of the interviewers??? Please let me know...I'm nervous!!!

Members don't see this ad.

it's not anything to get too stressed out over. as with other places i'm sure, it depends on who you get. none of them are out to get you though. i know dr. hill, one of the head honcho's over there, goes more for the candid "so tell me about yourself" approach. the head lady (can't remember her name, but she gives the presentation) is brutally nice. my guy seemed more like a lab/research type of guy - it varies. just be ready to talk about yourself. why unmc... why medicine... hardest class... what does your immediate family think about you entering medicine... where do you think medicine is going... immediate topics that came to mind. GOOD LUCK!

i'm kinda mad they're not rolling, and don't send out decisions until december. i interviewed on the first day, and was hoping to get a decision shortly thereafter. :mad: oh well

Like sundown said, it is pretty laid back. They tell you right off the bat that they use the conversational style of interviewing. They have a short presentation and then begin the interviews at around 11:00. In the mean time, they have some first and second year students come in and mingle with the applicants. The interviews are with one committee member, and sometimes a student committee member. The interviews are only 30 minutes, so they go by really fast and don't allow allot of time to expand on any one topic in too much detail. Overall, the school was nice, the hospital facilities were fabulous (we walked through the hospital cafeteria and they were grilling shrimp and steak for lunch), and the area around the hospital was really nice. It does kind of suck that they wait until December to make any decisions, but December is just right around the corner.

Cheers,
DALA

Members don't see this ad :)
talk to your boyfriend about it, i'm pretty sure he had his interview last week. And that MCAt score, you know ur gonna get in kris. Quit worrying and head back out to the bars or party w/ ur brother.

;)

what kinda mcat score are we talking about here? just curious... the unmc averages are kinda low, i'm hoping that plays in my favor.

Hahahaha...well uh...Cracker...I'm glad to see that you are as big of a dork (procrastinator) as I am...and it's kind of funny you found me on here....anyway...I did talk to him and he said his guy wasn't conversational at all...that all the interviewer said was "interesting" after everything that he said....that makes me nervous.
Guy from Mt. Michael (I went to duchesne btw)... I have a 33 mcat. I know UNMCs averages are relatively low, and that makes me feel better....I just want everything to work out since that's where I really want to go. Wouldnt it be fun if we were all in the same class??? :)

Hahaha, hey there Kris! I got it to work! And you're gonna ace the interview- UNMC will be begging for you with your scores and your sweet LOR

Hahahaha...HOMuffin...i love the name!! I think I will just call you ho from now on. hehehe thanks for the vote of confidence! Good luck to you with your interview at U of Iowa! Power to the people that want to live with their parents til they're 25!:D