2022-2023 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @Leeroy_Jenkins for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Nebraska Secondary Essay Prompts
1. Are you the first person in your immediate family to pursue a career in healthcare? If not, what medical professions are your immediate family members a part of? (N/A if not applicable) (100 characters)

2. If you have been away from full-time academics for more than two years, please explain. (N/A if not applicable) (750 characters)

3. If you are a re-applicant to the UNMC College of Medicine, how is your application different this year? (N/A if not applicable) (750 characters)

4. If this is your first application to UNMC, but not your first application to medical school, what is your rationale for applying to UNMC this cycle? (N/A if not applicable) (750 characters)

5. What is your personal rationale for applying to the UNMC College of Medicine, especially if you are not from Nebraska? (1,000 characters)

6. What are you most proud of in your life? (1,500 characters)

7. Tell us about a time when you have had to overcome adversity. (1,500 characters)

8. What have been
the positive impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on your personal and professional life? (1,000 characters)

9. Given the potential impact on shadowing opportunities since 2020, how do you know that you want to be a physician and what the career entails? (1,500 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@wysdoc

OOS Secondary Received 7/11 - here are the prompts:

• Are you the first person in your immediate family to pursue a career in healthcare? If not, what medical professions are your immediate family members a part of? (N/A if not applicable) (100 characters)
  • If you have been away from full-time academics for more than two years, please explain. (N/A if not applicable) (750 characters)
  • If you are a re-applicant to the UNMC College of Medicine, how is your application different this year? (N/A if not applicable) (750 characters)
  • If this is your first application to UNMC, but not your first application to medical school, what is your rationale for applying to UNMC this cycle? (N/A if not applicable) (750 characters)
  • What is your personal rationale for applying to the UNMC College of Medicine, especially if you are not from Nebraska? (1,000 characters)
  • What are you most proud of in your life? (1,500 characters)
  • Tell us about a time when you have had to overcome adversity. (1,500 characters)
  • What have been the positive impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on your personal and professional life? (1,000 characters)
  • Given the potential impact on shadowing opportunities since 2020, how do you know that you want to be a physician and what the career entails? (1,500 characters)

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received July 13, 2022 and submitted same day. Interview invite received July 14, 2022. In-state applicant with work experience on campus.

Got rejected today at 3:51 CT time. OOS, ORM, LizzyM 70.4. Not gonna lie, this one hurt as it was my first R and this is my first cycle. I'm going to submit an appeal, not sure what good it will do but I have to try.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS (ties to state) II received 8/05, complete 7/19

Has anyone tried to appeal a decision and worked? I got no ties to Nebraska.don’t know if it’s worth it or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre II R received today. OOS with somewhat state ties/ family alum. LM 73. Thats 2 pre II R's to 0 II's sigh

II received on 9/8! OOS, ORM, LM 70. I got the rejection email on 9/1. Decided to appeal because I had nothing to lose. I submitted my letter of appeal on 9/5 and received an interview invite on 9/8 with very few ties to the state/school. So, don't be afraid to appeal if they give you the opportunity!

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Any OOS applicants already interview? Just curious what kinds of questions they ask to OOS applicants, since they're a p heavy in-state school. Also, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?

II 9/27. OOS complete 9/13. I interview on 11/4, what are the interviews like?

Any OOS applicants already interview? Just curious what kinds of questions they ask to OOS applicants, since they're a p heavy in-state school. Also, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?
I'm OOS and interviewed last week. Its closed file so I don't even know if they know we are OOS. Didn't ask anything about it. They said they will release decisions in 2023

Pre II-R, OOS, and submitted an appeal after initial rejection. LM75, 3Q Casper, no ties to state.

• Care
Interviewing today, everything has been very relaxed and the interview was smooth and very conversational. I really like this school!

Reactions: 1 users
They mentioned that decisions would not go out until after January, and at the latest, March 24th.

Accepted this morning, interviewed late September IS

Reactions: 2 users
I was also accepted around December 12 and LM is 76. In state.

Anyone hear back this morning? The Tuesday after MLK day seems to be when they start sending decisions out again.

Post-II R on 1/17, interviewed first week of Oct, OOS with strong ties, LM 68 :( sad

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone knows if they are still interviewing or they are done with the interviews for this cycle?