University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
questions for colorado pharm students, do we even need to prepare for the qualitative quiz part? (bio, math). or was it really easy that you don't have to?

No you don't need to prepare, its really easy...just questions like "what is the structure of DNA?" and easy conversions. Hope that helps

Members don't see this ad.

Is the bio part multiple choice or short answer?

Is the bio part multiple choice or short answer?

I think its multiple choice, but I can't remember for sure. I know this is easy for me to say, but RELAX everyone. The interview isn't bad at all. Have fun and meet some of your fellow interviewees.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello , from those of u that were on the 02/09/07 interview is there any one who has heard from them yet? i am getting nervous about this :scared:

Who will be there on 2/28/07? I will be...

hello , from those of u that were on the 02/09/07 interview is there any one who has heard from them yet? i am getting nervous about this :scared:

Didn't they tell you when you would hear something? Last year, they sent acceptances and rejections at about the same time in the 2nd week of April.

Didn't they tell you when you would hear something? Last year, they sent acceptances and rejections at about the same time in the 2nd week of April.

but it's middle of february :smuggrin:

It says in the interview request e-mail that it makes no difference when you schedule your interview, however, I wrote Beverly Brunson and she said that some people will be offered a spot sooner than others.

They won't send letters out until all the interviews are over.

They told us at the 2/12 interview that there's a chance they may send out acceptance letters immediately and that they hold the right to contact us whenever they want. I think for each interview session they have 1 or 2 spots reserved for immediate acceptance.

They told us at the 2/12 interview that there's a chance they may send out acceptance letters immediately and that they hold the right to contact us whenever they want. I think for each interview session they have 1 or 2 spots reserved for immediate acceptance.

I agree.. but that's not to say that they won't find 2 or even 1 awesome canidate each time. Imagine a group of 16 awesome canidates that are all accepted. Whereas one group may have no outstanding ones...

I agree.. but that's not to say that they won't find 2 or even 1 awesome canidate each time. Imagine a group of 16 awesome canidates that are all accepted. Whereas one group may have no outstanding ones...

Agreed but to accept all 16 would create a definite disadvantage for the groups that interview later. The only way to keep it fair is that each session can only accept up to the same number, which are spots that have already been put aside from the original 135. For all we know though only a tiny number, like 3-8 people even get the immediate acceptance because their GPA, essay, and letters of recommendation are so fantastic that even if they bomb the interview and have the personality of a shrub they were already in the accepted category.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed but to accept all 16 would create a definite disadvantage for the groups that interview later. The only way to keep it fair is that each session can only accept up to the same number, which are spots that have already been put aside from the original 135. For all we know though only a tiny number, like 3-8 people even get the immediate acceptance because their GPA, essay, and letters of recommendation are so fantastic that even if they bomb the interview and have the personality of a shrub they were already in the accepted category.

Haha, I totally agree with you. And it's sad to say, but it's probably like that. I've never met a pharmacist that wasn't somewhat personable (my sample size is probably small!)... Who knows!

Haha, I totally agree with you. And it's sad to say, but it's probably like that. I've never met a pharmacist that wasn't somewhat personable (my sample size is probably small!)... Who knows!

I've met more than a few pharmacists and pharmacy students that are not personable.

They may offer acceptances to a few people right away, but the large majority aren't done until after the interviews are over.

My class is definatly not 30% out of state students. I think its more like 15-20%. As I recall they told us, that our class had the most out of state students they had accepted. Most state schools are only allowed to have a certain percent out of state students.

Good luck to those of you that have recieved interview invites. You've already passed the hard part. They offer acceptances to roughly have the people that interview.

I was at the interview 2/16/07, and they said that they are sending acceptance already, is that true? I had fun at my interview is that normal?

I was at the interview 2/16/07, and they said that they are sending acceptance already, is that true? I had fun at my interview is that normal?

for the first interview date or the 2/16 one you were at?

It sounds like the admissions committee might be doing things a little differently this year with respect to sending acceptances.

It's not unusual to have fun at our school. We are, after all, known as the CU School of "Phun". :) I had fun at my interview. I think the school has a nice energy. The faculty are very pleasant (for the most part) and the students generally really want to be there.

people already hearing from that date? wow

also will u hear via email or snail mail?

Im not sure if the first group heard from CU yet. But, as i was told they are sending acceptances as the go, the last date of acceptance is in April. I think its via mail.

did they tell you what percent they have accepted so far?

did they tell you what percent they have accepted so far?

Nope...they didn't say anything about the % of acceptance. But, did anyone hear from CU yet? the one's that attended the 1st & 2nd interview?

Nope...they didn't say anything about the % of acceptance. But, did anyone hear from CU yet? the one's that attended the 1st & 2nd interview?

I was in the second interview session and I haven't heard anything. As I mentioned earlier it's probably only a very few who were definite yes's going into the interview process that'll get notified before April. The way they made it sound like during my interview is that the majority are going to find out after all the interviews are done. I'm not going to get obsessed with checking the mail until April 1st.

I was in the second interview session and I haven't heard anything. As I mentioned earlier it's probably only a very few who were definite yes's going into the interview process that'll get notified before April. The way they made it sound like during my interview is that the majority are going to find out after all the interviews are done. I'm not going to get obsessed with checking the mail until April 1st.

yea probably those with 3.8+ gpa and have all the ECs.

I guess, I'll wait until April too!:( So, i won't have to stress myself out! Good luck to u.

This is the most difficult part of the admissions process. I keep having to tell myself that I had my interview 2 Fridays ago. Although they did say they will be sending out acceptance letters throughout the process, I am not counting on them getting back for about a month or so. But please let me know if you hear anything. I, too, am going crazy. But I am also waiting to hear from three different pharmacy schools.:(

i guss i should do the same too , i am driving myself crazy over this. after all there is more in life than this .eventhough it is my first choice

Hey guys...I hope everyone who interviewed did well and gets accepted!! Mine is coming up and wanted to know how the out of staters got to the hotel/school from the airport? Does the shuttle take you directly to your hotel or the school? And do they pick you up to take you back to the hotel?

Also, was the bio and math quiz mutiple choice? And is it pharmacy math like conversions? There wasn't anything else on there? Im so nervous about this interview :( . Any tips would be awesome.. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys...I hope everyone who interviewed did well and gets accepted!! Mine is coming up and wanted to know how the out of staters got to the hotel/school from the airport? Does the shuttle take you directly to your hotel or the school? And do they pick you up to take you back to the hotel?

Also, was the bio and math quiz mutiple choice? And is it pharmacy math like conversions? There wasn't anything else on there? Im so nervous about this interview :( . Any tips would be awesome.. Good luck everyone!

don't worry about the quiz. the math is NOT multiple choice but REALLY EASY conversions. bio is MC and it's VERY easy. don't stress over it.

everyone seems to do well in their interviews so it's hard to gauge if you did extraordinary. no one did bomb their interviews b/c everyone smiled during my interview date.

so it's not a bad experience. don't be nervous. they don't ask you tough questions at all b/c they don't have your profile.

To anyone who has interviewed already: Have you heard anything yet?!? I am going crazy. Each school that I interviewed at takes forever to get back. It sucks. It seems like most other schools are getting back with people already. I am pretty confident that I can get in except that I am out of state. Anybody have any info???:confused:

To anyone who has interviewed already: Have you heard anything yet?!? I am going crazy. Each school that I interviewed at takes forever to get back. It sucks. It seems like most other schools are getting back with people already. I am pretty confident that I can get in except that I am out of state. Anybody have any info???:confused:

Nope! not yet! I am waiting impatiently. I'm starting to think it would be in April = 6 more long weeks. What is your stat's & where are you from?

Nope! not yet! I am waiting impatiently. I'm starting to think it would be in April = 6 more long weeks. What is your stat's & where are you from?

I am from Phoenix, AZ
3.67 GPA at CC
5+ years certified tech
Volunteer at hospital pharmacy
Involved in school (pre-pharmacy, Honors club)
PCAT: not so good but who cares, they don't require it!:p
Interviewed on Feb 9th, what about you?

I am from Phoenix, AZ
3.67 GPA at CC
5+ years certified tech
Volunteer at hospital pharmacy
Involved in school (pre-pharmacy, Honors club)
PCAT: not so good but who cares, they don't require it!:p
Interviewed on Feb 9th, what about you?

I'm from Colorado
GPA: 3.4
BS in Biology
4 month pharm tech
owner of a business
Interviewed on Feb 16th
Did you apply to AZ school too?

I'm from Az too...

3.91 GPA GCC/ASU
10 months pharmacy experience
5 years geriatric assistance experience
Volunteer in an assisted living center

I'm from Colorado
GPA: 3.4
BS in Biology
4 month pharm tech
owner of a business
Interviewed on Feb 16th
Did you apply to AZ school too?

I applied to Midwestern and U of A but only got an interview to U of A. Out of state, I had interviews at U of Southern Nevada and of course U of Colorado. What about everyone else?

Who will be there Wednesday February 28th?

What should you bring? Is a calculator allowed on the math test?

I have an interview with colorado on March 5th. I was trying to search for hotels that are close by the school so that I can walk there but most of them are so expensive- average $100 per night and I would have to stay there for two nights. Does anyone has any recommendations? Also, for getting to and from the aiport, how do I arrange for shuttle/transporation.
I heard that shuttle express cost about $15 to get to the school from the aiport, how do I arrange for this?
Thanks for your advice

A calculator is not allowed at the interview but the questions are definitely doable without it.

no one heard back from colorado?

what's this about people hearing back immediately after interviews?

no one heard back from colorado?

what's this about people hearing back immediately after interviews?

I interviewed on 2/9th (the first interview) and I have not heard back yet. I take that back, I got an email from Beverly Brunson stating that there has been a change in who is setting up interviews. Darn.:mad:

I got that e-mail too. I was hoping it would say, "You don't have to come to Colorado to interview, you are in already!" lol

I got that e-mail too. I was hoping it would say, "You don't have to come to Colorado to interview, you are in already!" lol

i think ALL interview candidates (even if they interviewed already which is really annoying :laugh: ) got that email.

I think I need psychological help. I am consumed with admissions and acceptance and everything related to pharmacy school. Please, everyone feeling this way let me know too so that I don't feel so pathetic. Thanks. Here let me sum it up: :( :oops: :( :confused: :eek: :scared: :confused: :confused: :confused: !

I think I need psychological help. I am consumed with admissions and acceptance and everything related to pharmacy school. Please, everyone feeling this way let me know too so that I don't feel so pathetic. Thanks. Here let me sum it up: :( :oops: :( :confused: :eek: :scared: :confused: :confused: :confused: !

I am in the same boat...:eek: . So, don't feel too lonely.

i guess we all have to wait for near april i guess. or maybe someone outside of SDN did get acceptances :(

anyways, i hate long waits.

hi there , do not feel alone i myself am consumed with pharmacy and admissions , so dont fell lonley
:)