University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would love to be in you guy's position right now because this is another way you can make an impression on whoever is interviewing you. Good luck. We will find out soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely not! If they weren't interested in having you be a student at the school why would they spend the time to talk to on the phone.

I have been in the US for 24 years. I am fluent in both English & Vietnamese's. I would still have to conduct the second interview. From pharmcas school website, this is what CU quote..." Seconday interview for non-native English speaking candidates: if english is not your first language, we may require a secondary telephone interview to assess your English Communication Skills." SO, if they are NOT interested in you, then they would not consider you for the 2nd interview...! And, mention if you are bilingual, that would increase your chances. So, whomever recieve this second interview would be a good candidate. At, lease I hope so!

A few times she had to pause to recall the correct English word. She had an accent but we had no problems communicating face to face.

I really don't think anyone in this thread has anything to worry about. From reading your posts you all seem very good with English language and I feel that they just do this interview for all ESL applicants so they can't be accused of discriminating between one non-native English speaker to another.

Again, they would not be taking the time to call you for 20-30 minutes unless they were seriously considering sending you an acceptance.

Thanks for clarifying it...hopefully for the last time!:laugh:
Haha....i am a FOB so i can say that!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to be in you guy's position right now because this is another way you can make an impression on whoever is interviewing you. Good luck. We will find out soon!

i don't think it's an interview. like biogurl said, it's more of a conversation to see if they have any problems understanding what you say. i think they "record" it b/c they said it can't be done on a cell phone.

they'll prollie play it to the adcoms :smuggrin:

i don't think it's an interview. like biogurl said, it's more of a conversation to see if they have any problems understanding what you say. i think they "record" it b/c they said it can't be done on a cell phone.

they'll prollie play it to the adcoms :smuggrin:

Thats exactly what it is. While you may seem upset that they are requiring you to do the phone interview, communication skills are a HUGE part of pharmacy. As a pharmacist you will spend a lot of time on the phone talking to people. And just like shaun said it is much easier to under stand an non-native speaker in person that over the phone. You watch people's lips move while they talk to help you understand them.

hello guys i am so jelouse of all of you that are invited for the secondary interview . i am a non native too but i havent heard from them yet.and i am getting so nervous.do you think they will be sedning out more invitations ? i am so hoping they will

hello guys i am so jelouse of all of you that are invited for the secondary interview . i am a non native too but i havent heard from them yet.and i am getting so nervous.do you think they will be sedning out more invitations ? i am so hoping they will
I'm dying here too. I'm non native as well and haven't heard anything from school since the interview. I would be rather relieved if I get the secondary phone interview. I've lived in U.S. for not so long, so people will definately know from my accent that I'm not a native speaker although I don't have problems with communicating in English. I felt good about the interview but now I'm sooooo worried.

Are they done with sending out invitations for the secondary phone interview? I'm too scared to find out..

i heard the person doing it is going to conduct secondary interviews usually on thurs/fri starting next week for 2 weeks. prollie not a large # of people. so still time

i heard the person doing it is going to conduct secondary interviews usually on thurs/fri starting next week for 2 weeks. prollie not a large # of people. so still time

That's not true, because my 2nd interview is on a Monday. When I talk to the lady she told me that she is just starting to send out secondary interviews (which I received last Friday). We were playing phone-tag for a while, she told me that she had just begin sending out message for the interview, and they responded fast, therefore I have the later date of the interview. I think there are more interviews that are needed to be arranged. So, don't be pessimistic non-natives.

That's not true, because my 2nd interview is on a Monday. When I talk to the lady she told me that she is just starting to send out secondary interviews (which I received last Friday). We were playing phone-tag for a while, she told me that she had just begin sending out message for the interview, and they responded fast, therefore I have the later date of the interview. I think there are more interviews that are needed to be arranged. So, don't be pessimistic non-natives.

oops. wrong info but that's what she "kinda" told me. but i think it's only in the next 2 weeks though but i'm not sure. but yea, more will be given out. this just means the final decision is near b/c in 2 weeks => end of march.

Are you a Colorado resident? When was your interview?

i am not from colorado.i interviewed with the 1st group. feb 9th and really fet good about it and uc is my first choice i am crazy for that school. do u think it is right to call them and ask them about my status on monday

I live in NY now, but used to live in Denver for longer than one year. My question is.. if that makes me a resident although I've been living in NY for almost a year now. I hope it does.. but doubt it. Anyway.. if anyone can ask about the phone interview thing, that will be great. Otherwise, I will probably call on Mon or Tues next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am not from colorado.i interviewed with the 1st group. feb 9th and really fet good about it and uc is my first choice i am crazy for that school. do u think it is right to call them and ask them about my status on monday

It wouldn't hurt to ask. Let me know what they say.
CU prefers in-state resident than nonresident. Of, which you have to live here for at least two years.

As an out-of-state student, my chances are obviously a little worse than an in-state student. Would anyone mind sharing where they are from? I'm from Phoenix, Arizona.

CU prefers in-state resident than nonresident. Of, which you have to live here for at least two years.

Technically they prefer out of state students since they get more money, but they have to take a certain percentage of instate students.

As an out-of-state student, my chances are obviously a little worse than an in-state student. Would anyone mind sharing where they are from? I'm from Phoenix, Arizona.

I'm from Phoenix, too. (Shaun knows). My friend last year got accepted out of state with ok stats. We should be fine. Hopefully we will hear after Spring Break!

I really want to get this whole process over with as soon as possible.
Waiting is an agony.

I have
3.97 GPA (overall)
4.0 (Science)
Doctor's Office experience 3months
PCAT (89%) well.. they don't consider this though..
B.A. in foriegn language
non-native permanent resident
not sure about my residency status (I lived in CO for longer than 1 year, but currently I'm in NY) :confused:

I'm pretty sure that I didn't screw up the interview.

What do you guys think? Do I have a chance?

Of course you do! That's a silly question to ask with stats like that. :cool:

Of course you do! That's a silly question to ask with stats like that. :cool:

Thanks.. I thought my stats was good too..
These days... just the secondary phone interview thing for non-native speakers is bothering me a lot. seriously..
Before this.. I was pretty calm..

It's understandable... just have confidence in your abilities.

I really want to get this whole process over with as soon as possible.
Waiting is an agony.

I have
3.97 GPA (overall)
4.0 (Science)
Doctor's Office experience 3months
PCAT (89%) well.. they don't consider this though..
B.A. in foriegn language
non-native permanent resident
not sure about my residency status (I lived in CO for longer than 1 year, but currently I'm in NY) :confused:

I'm pretty sure that I didn't screw up the interview.

What do you guys think? Do I have a chance?

wow how can u NOT have a chance. maybe u would get the automatic acceptance w/o the secondary interview. don't worry. i know waiting is tough; it's tough for me too.

anybody? any news?

How did the phone interview go?

anybody? any news?

How did the phone interview go?

Next Monday, would be my interview date. I will post it then.
I think it starts this Thursday?

Whom else got an 2nd interview? And when?

Cutepuppy6...why are you worried? your stats are extremely high! No need to worry...you might be the one with the acceptance before the rest of us...so check your mail box! good luck

Next Monday, would be my interview date. I will post it then.
I think it starts this Thursday?

Whom else got an 2nd interview? And when?

Cutepuppy6...why are you worried? your stats are extremely high! No need to worry...you might be the one with the acceptance before the rest of us...so check your mail box! good luck

Thanks~ I may be too worried, but the fact that my english is not fluent like a native speaker makes me really nervous.... plus I haven't received a call from school for the phone interview..

I should just try to calm down again and wait..
Even though it doesn't go well, it's not the end of the world.. anyways..

:sleep:

Guys! Today is the last interview day at Colorado! Hopefully we will be hearing shortly after! Good luck to you all!

Guys! Today is the last interview day at Colorado! Hopefully we will be hearing shortly after! Good luck to you all!

the guy above said everyone will hear first week of april in his recent interview session

hi there i called beverly yesterday, she gave me some informations but it was not that clear, anyways here is what she said.there will be some who will be accepted without the secondary interview , and that they have made inital calls for secondary interviews and that they are not going to call everyone for the secondayr interivew, she said that it depends on how the first interview went.
i am so worried right now , cu is my first choice .
here is my status
3.68 overall gpa
4.0 math gpa
3.78 science gpa
i dont have pharmacy experiance in us
but i have volentered out side us and have worked in a pharmacy kind of setting.

hi there i called beverly yesterday, she gave me some informations but it was not that clear, anyways here is what she said.there will be some who will be accepted without the secondary interview , and that they have made inital calls for secondary interviews and that they are not going to call everyone for the secondayr interivew, she said that it depends on how the first interview went.
here is my status
3.68 overall gpa
4.0 math gpa
3.78 science gpa
but i have volentered out side us and have worked in a pharmacy kind of setting.

that is vague. did u mention specifically the "non-native US." american-born applicants obviously can get in w/o the secondary interview. but if u did, then don't worry. if you were so good in your first interview,they didn't need any further info.

here is my status
3.68 overall gpa
4.0 math gpa
3.78 science gpa

First of all your statis looks GREAT!
Now, im worried....was i not that impressive at the first interview that's why i have to have a secondary interview? Just curious, bc CU states that if english is not that person 1st language, then they will conduct a 2nd interview. Well, I guess i will have to find out myself. I will let you know how I did this coming Monday.

Best wish to everyone....2 n 1/2 more weeks till April.

hi , anyone had there secondary interview yet?

Please post when you get a response. I haven't heard of anyone getting an acceptance yet. The last two classes have mentioned that letters were very late. I'm going crazy not knowing.

Please post when you get a response. I haven't heard of anyone getting an acceptance yet. The last two classes have mentioned that letters were very late. I'm going crazy not knowing.

I haven't heard anything either. I am thinking late this month or April. :idea:

i just had my secondary interview. dont know how i did :laugh: but i answered every question. yes, it is like another interview. but the interviewer was very nice. she wanted to know more about you (where you went to school, where are you from...-she doesn't know anything about you). asked how your week was and your plans for spring break.

but she also asked some pharmacy issues (but it depends on what you brought up for her to ask you that question) and situational questions and things like that.

it was exactly 30 mins long.

good luck to you guys.

i think this secondary interview will take place throughout the next 2 weeks so we should hear back by the end of the month or first week of april.

Do you think that the admissions committee is going to wait until the secondary phone interviews are over? Probably. I hate this waiting.:eek:

Do you think that the admissions committee is going to wait until the secondary phone interviews are over? Probably. I hate this waiting.:eek:

i dont know. not everyone is going to have a secondary interviews (native speakers) so they might hear earlier. and even non-native speakers who don't have secondary interviews might hear first.

the secondary interview isn't just an oral proficiency test. i thought it was tougher than the 1st interview. more in-depth.

i dont know. not everyone is going to have a secondary interviews (native speakers) so they might hear earlier. and even non-native speakers who don't have secondary interviews might hear first.

the secondary interview isn't just an oral proficiency test. i thought it was tougher than the 1st interview. more in-depth.

It does sound like it was more in-depth than the on-campus interview, but they probably don't even listen for content -- just how well you're able to articulate your ideas.

Congrats on getting it over with and good luck!

Something weird I heard during my on-campus interview. One of the raters at the group activity said that the percentage of applicants who'll have bachelor's degrees by the time they start pharm school is usually about 50% from year to year. Is this right?? Isn't it closer to 95-100% for most schools?

Something weird I heard during my on-campus interview. One of the raters at the group activity said that the percentage of applicants who'll have bachelor's degrees by the time they start pharm school is usually about 50% from year to year. Is this right?? Isn't it closer to 95-100% for most schools?

While the number of applicants w/ bachelor's degrees is increasing, it's not nearly as high as 95-100% (I'm thinking it's around 60%?). I've seen the numbers presented somewhere, but can't find them now. I'm pretty sure that CU's percentage is in line with the rest of the country.

You trying to knock my school? :laugh: ;)

The national average is still ~50-60%. I think my class is right around there too. Its going up slowly, but not that fast.

I guess I've only compared it to California schools that I've researched...USC says "the majority" have bachelor's degrees, UCSF says 97.56%, and UCSD says 100%.....I didn't realize this wasn't standard across the country. Good to know, thanks guys!

Hey Everyone,
I know that this is the first time that I have posted to this forum, however I've been keeping tabs on everything and waiting impatiently like everyone else. I wanted to let everyone know that the acceptance letters are being mailed slowly but surely. I received mine yesterday! I know that so many of you have been waiting to hear back and I'm positive that many of you will be getting your letters in the near future as well. Good Luck to Everyone and I'll hopefully see all of you in August!

Congratulations flstc1981!! :luck:

Would you mind telling us when you interviewed and whether you're an in-state applicant?

Hey Everyone,
I know that this is the first time that I have posted to this forum, however I've been keeping tabs on everything and waiting impatiently like everyone else. I wanted to let everyone know that the acceptance letters are being mailed slowly but surely. I received mine yesterday! I know that so many of you have been waiting to hear back and I'm positive that many of you will be getting your letters in the near future as well. Good Luck to Everyone and I'll hopefully see all of you in August!

also are you a native speaker? just to see if the 2ndary interview does anything.

Hey Everyone,

Congratulations......not only on the acceptance, but you are officially the most popular person in this thread. That is until others get accepted, then you will have to formulate new ways to maintain your supremacy! :smuggrin: Your post has sent me, and will send others into the worried stage. This is the stage that brings on the questions, "How come I have not recieved a letter?" "Does this mean I am not going to get accepted?" Thanks alot pal! j/k ;) . I know most of us will hear back in a couple weeks, but I cant wait to find out either way. The more I wait...the less hope I have. I know most everyone is in the same boat as me, however, I am try not to think positive. Makes the rejection alot easier to handle. :( . It's Time to pull out the ski mask and start stalking the mail lady. Good luck to the rest of us.

I am an In State Student and a Native U.S. Speaker. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs. I know that a lot of you are probably worried now about your acceptance, and apologize for the added anxiety. Like I said previously though, I know that many of you are very strong candidates and I'm sure that you will be receiving an acceptance letter over the next week or so. Good Luck to Everyone! Remember that we're all in this together.

hello cpngrats on ur acceptance
plz post ur status, tell us about ur gpz and pharmacy experiance and extracaticulars

I am an In State Student and a Native U.S. Speaker. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs. I know that a lot of you are probably worried now about your acceptance, and apologize for the added anxiety. Like I said previously though, I know that many of you are very strong candidates and I'm sure that you will be receiving an acceptance letter over the next week or so. Good Luck to Everyone! Remember that we're all in this together.

Thanks for posting your acceptance. Now, we all know that the mailing process has been sent out. Would you please tell me what your stat's are and when did you interviewed with them? Thanks

I graduated last December with a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs. I finished with a GPA of 3.50 overall. My strengths were in Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry. I have very little pharmacy experience actually. My father was in the Pharmacy Field so I gained knowledge from him as well as the Pharmacists he worked with. As far as extracurriculars I unfortunately don't have a lot to tell you about myself. I actually worked about 50 hours a week while attending College so that I could lessen my student loans as much as possible. It really didn't work out that well ($22,000 in Stafford Loans) and I didn't have a lot of time for many other things either. Anyway, I did interview on February 16th. It was probably the best experience I've ever had interviewing for anything in my life. Well, hopefully this answers all of your questions. I hope to start hearing about all of your acceptances soon as well. Keep your optimism because everyone should be finding out soon!