University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

do you guys know where the step 3 assessment is?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone apply mid-end July and get an interview
Yes, my AADSAS application was verified on 7/26/21, and I was shocked to see I got an interview invite on 8/3/2021.

When was your application verified?

Is the Kira assessment step 2 and step 3 in the email? It seems as if both steps lead me to Kira so Im not sure if Im doing everything correctly

Is the Kira assessment step 2 and step 3 in the email? It seems as if both steps lead me to Kira so Im not sure if Im doing everything correctly
also, when I did the Kira assessment, there was no option to Pay the 52$ fee that was mentioned in the email. Does anyone know how to pay this?

also, when I did the Kira assessment, there was no option to Pay the 52$ fee that was mentioned in the email. Does anyone know how to pay this?
Kira is step 2. They’ll email us about step 3 with payment method later on.

Does anyone have any advice going into the Kira assessment? Im anxious because I’m not always great with one-way video interviews

Does anyone have any advice going into the Kira assessment? Im anxious because I’m not always great with one-way video interviews
You can actually do unlimited practice questions on the site before the real thing!

Does anyone know when I have to complete the Kira assessment by?
The initial invitation email states 5 days from that email, but since we received another email with a new link on Tuesday, can it be 5 days from Tuesday?

Does anyone know if you have to dress professionally for the oneway interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received the email with the link for "step three" of the interview request email. I completed my Kira but have not done the assessment with the additional 52 fee.

For the ones under review, what does ur current AADSAS portal status says?

For the ones under review, what does ur current AADSAS portal status says?
I sent mine a week ago and they gave me no confirmation email, and my AADSAS just says "verified - none". Don't know if that's normal

Did you guys send them the supplemental fee before getting an email. I didn't get an email from them for that yet.

i applied beginning of august and received one last friday!
Congrats! When did you pay the supplementary fee + send your pic? Also when you applied on AADSAS, did UDM send a confirmation email?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! When did you pay the supplementary fee + send your pic? Also when you applied on AADSAS, did UDM send a confirmation email?
thank you :) i actually sent the supplementary fee + my pic the day after i received the interview invite. i did receive a "UDM application acknowledgement letter" shortly after i applied on aadsas that basically outlined how to send the supplementary fee + my pic!

If I’ve already taken the CASPer for other schools do I need to retake it? They just sent an email about it

does anyone know how to cancel my udm interview date? I scheduled another one and went to cancel the first date but it says that i have to contact someone to be able to do so, so does anyone here know who I should contact exactly?

Is kira assessment for everyone or only by invitation?

i have a quick question i was hoping someone may have the answer to! microbiology is one of the mandatory prerequisites and i was wondering if it was possible to complete the credit in summer school, the summer school prior to entering dental school in the fall. is this acceptable? or must we have all the prerequisites completed prior to completing our undergraduate studies. thanks in advance!

i have a quick question i was hoping someone may have the answer to! microbiology is one of the mandatory prerequisites and i was wondering if it was possible to complete the credit in summer school, the summer school prior to entering dental school in the fall. is this acceptable? or must we have all the prerequisites completed prior to completing our undergraduate studies. thanks in advance!
I think it is okay as long as you can complete the course before the dental school you attend starts. Some dental schools start as early as June so I would check when the schools you applied to start!

Does UDM's supplemental have any essay questions?

Interview #2
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 8/27
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International (Canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/11
Application complete date: 8/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/23/19/No
Interview date: 11/6
Method of interview: Virtual

Hi everyone! Does anyone know how important the Kira test is for UDM's applications?? I just completed mine and Im very disappointed with my performance. :( I would appreciate it if someone could please lmk how essential this assessment is.

Hi everyone! Does anyone know how important the Kira test is for UDM's applications?? I just completed mine and Im very disappointed with my performance. :( I would appreciate it if someone could please lmk how essential this assessment is.
hey! i didn't feel too great after i did mine either. not sure how important the assessment is but regardless, we have the opportunity to interview so don't worry too much and kill the interview!! :)

In my opinion the actual interview is more important. So as long as you come prepared and kill that one then Kira shouldn’t matter too much.

Does anyone know where i can see what time my interview is? I took a screenshot of it but I would like to know if there is an official website where I can confirm as I have heard people say they went to re-check their interview and their time was changed to a different time.

Has anyone who is interviewing this Saturday received their interview information email from the Office of Admissions and/or their interview zoom link for their interview on Saturday yet? It said in the interview invite email that we would get them on the Monday before our interview and I haven't received anything yet. just checking to see if I need to contact the Office of Admissions. Thank you!

Has anyone who is interviewing this Saturday received their interview information email from the Office of Admissions and/or their interview zoom link for their interview on Saturday yet? It said in the interview invite email that we would get them on the Monday before our interview and I haven't received anything yet. just checking to see if I need to contact the Office of Admissions. Thank you!
I have not. Was wondering the same

Interview #1
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 8/27
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International (Canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/21/No
Interview date: 11/6
Method of interview: Virtual
Hi I am from Canada and same day interview. which part of Canada? which other school u have applied to.

Does anyone know if the interview is really only 30 minutes? I tried to look at last year's thread but I couldn't find much.

Does anyone know if the interview is really only 30 minutes? I tried to look at last year's thread but I couldn't find much.
Yes, it’s 30 mins. You’ll also have a wrap-up session after that.

Was the wrap-up session mandatory? I attended the interview on time, I just thought it was an optional event. Since I had an exam soon after the interview, I went to go study. I hope this would not impact me negatively considering I did really like the school.

Does anyone know if it matters which interview date you choose? Like if I have october and november dates is it better to choose the earlier ones?

Does anyone know if it matters which interview date you choose? Like if I have october and november dates is it better to choose the earlier ones?
I don't think it matters. I personally like to pick earlier dates so I can get it over with, but if you know you're more free in November than October than do that. I think it is just preference really!

I have mine coming up on Saturday..if you've interviewed already, any recommendations? I'm wicked excited!