University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get an email between the Application Acknowledgement Letter/Fee Received emails and their Interview Invitation email?

Was the wrap-up session mandatory? I attended the interview on time, I just thought it was an optional event. Since I had an exam soon after the interview, I went to go study. I hope this would not impact me negatively considering I did really like the school.
You didn't really miss much during the wrap-up session. Dr. Chang just talked about how decision day is the first Monday of December. You will get a call if you're accepted and an email if you're rejected or waitlisted. The waitlist is unranked. You don't need to reply to the waitlist email because you'll automatically be added to the waitlist. That was pretty much it and then it was just a Q&A.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 8/27
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International (Canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/21/No
Interview date: 11/6
Method of interview: Virtual
Hey I have same day too. what time is your interview. we will get a link before one week I guess so let me know when you get I will confirm on my end.

I have mine coming up on Saturday..if you've interviewed already, any recommendations? I'm wicked excited!
Hey how was your interview and did you get link for interview few days earlier and any other info they send you or how you prepare?

Hey guys, had my interview a few weeks ago and my aadsas status still says "invited for interview." Is this the same case for anyone else who has already interviewed?

Hey guys, had my interview a few weeks ago and my aadsas status still says "invited for interview." Is this the same case for anyone else who has already interviewed?
Hey I do not think you should worry and just wait for December to come. How was your interview and was it one one one or group interview and how long was it? was it with faculty member or admission staff?

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/29/21
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 10/22/2021
Application transmitted to school: 10/15/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.98, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/23/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/04/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/29/21
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 10/22/2021
Application transmitted to school: 10/15/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.98, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/23/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/04/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual
congrats really amazing (stats) you are. you will get in any school what is your preferred school?

Reactions: 1 user
guys, I forgot to attend the wrap-up session because I was very nervous on the interview day *smh*. I sent an apology by email and asked for another wrap-up session if possible. Was the wrap-up an individual meeting or a group meeting? I hope everyone plans better than me if you have an interview later.

guys, I forgot to attend the wrap-up session because I was very nervous on the interview day *smh*. I sent an apology by email and asked for another wrap-up session if possible. Was the wrap-up an individual meeting or a group meeting? I hope everyone plans better than me if you have an interview later.
are there more interviews happening before December 4th? I see from above there is every week and Nov 6 the last one? I do not think you have to worry about wrap-up session if you did reasonably ok on interview than it should be ok. are you in state or out or Canada?

I did my interview recently and i think that i messed up in some of my answers because i was so nervous so do you think i should send a letter of intent now before dec1 to thank them or is it better if i just wait for dec1?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did my interview recently and i think that i messed up in some of my answers because i was so nervous so do you think i should send a letter of intent now before dec1 to thank them or is it better if i just wait for dec1?
when did you interview? it is natural to be nervous in some questions as they are quick in following one after other so i do not think you need to worry if Kira and Casper results are good enough you should be fine.

they reply to me that there's another wrap-up session happening at the same time next week ( which is this week when I wrote this comment lol). I don't know whether it also means they still have interviews going on next week. @rap123 I'm an international student from Vietnam. Anyway, @dentalpassionate I think it's time to send a letter of intent given that you're really interested in the school + the deadline of hearing back is approaching. I am just applying this year so I am not very experienced but my gut says go for it since it doesn't hurt.

Anybody got an email about Dec 1st phone call? It’s getting closer and closer and I’m sooo nervous 😬 !!

Does anyone know if they call in alphabetical order?
He said in the wrap-up session that he doesn't call in alphabetical order. He mentioned that he mostly calls by time zone so that he isn't calling someone in the middle of the night

Does anyone know when waitlist/rejection emails will be sent out?

Congrats to those accepted. If you may please share ur stats and whether your oos or in state. And when u interviewed

anyone have any idea if they are still calling people in the EST?

I just got a call. I’m from east coast. They’re still calling!!!!!

I got the call a few minutes ago too! Interviewed 10/02, from New England

Don’t lose hope!

Accepted 7:10am
Dat - 22
GPA - 4.0
interview mid November
****ty casper tho