University of Houston Class of 2016 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 weeks to send the supplemental??? Why do they take so long?

lol oh no it doesn't take 3 weeks to send the supplemental! You are emailed the supplemental app when UH receives your completed PharmCAS application. My PharmCAS app was sent to my designated schools on 9/26 and I received my supplemental the same day.

Members don't see this ad.

lol oh no it doesn't take 3 weeks to send the supplemental! You are emailed the supplemental app when UH receives your completed PharmCAS application. My PharmCAS app was sent to my designated schools on 9/26 and I received my supplemental the same day.

Thank you MrLogic. I should stop sitting on my bum and sent my app already. Was the supplemental long? Do you have to write essays?

Thank you MrLogic. I should stop sitting on my bum and sent my app already. Was the supplemental long? Do you have to write essays?

I mean, it wasn't really long. It was about 12pgs when I printed it. Of course I didn't have to include the pages concerning the "Credit by Examination", "International Transcript Evaluation," and "Completion of high school Physics" situations since they didn't apply to me. Its mostly a residency questionnaire with some extra pages that you sign. I was a little surprised that THAT'S what's costing us $150(which was the same price of UH's application BEFORE they joined PharmCAS lol).
There's no part about an essay, BUT you are welcome to submit an essay on a separate sheet of paper if you would like to explain anything concerning your grades, PCAT scores, community service history, etc.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invitation for an interview yesterday as well. I submitted my PharmCAS application on 9/4. I got my supplemental application via email on 9/26 and mailed it 2 days later. If you are a U.S. citizen it shouldn't take you long at all to complete the supplemental. You have to fill out like 1 of the 12 pages if you are a citizen.

Has anyone heard anything about the interview? What kind of questions they might ask? What the group activity might be like?

I received an invite and I submitted my PharmCAS/supp applications early October. I knew UH does rolling admissions but I never knew the interview process starts on November 18th this year. Has anybody else received an interview yet? If so I'd like to know! :)

desigirl.. what time is your interview on the 18th?

Do they give you a date or do you get to choose?

Each time I look at your username, the song "Desi Girl" replays in my head

When will I get an interview approximately if I submit my PharmCAS within the next 2 weeks and submit supplemental by 1st week of December assuming I receive it by then?

They haven't sent me the supplemental yet.:(

They haven't sent me the supplemental yet.:(

They won't send it until they receive your PharmCAS application. Check on your PharmCAS app to see if your application was mailed today. If it hasn't, thats probably why you haven't received it. If it was mailed, you'll probably get it later today. Keep in mind that its later in the year, so its getting closer to the deadline. So no doubt a lot of people are trying to get their apps in. So it might take a little time if you don't receive it right away.

I got an interview invite for the 18th this month, PM me if you wanna share times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about the interview? What kind of questions they might ask? What the group activity might be like?

Congrats to everyone who has received interview invitations! The best resource to prepare for Pharmacy School interviews is by viewing the "Interview Feedback" link at the top of the forum then clicking on "Pharmacy Schools." Here is the direct link to UH: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/uh-pharm/survey/26

Good luck all! I'll see you at a future interview date as a student ambassador.

Congrats to everyone who has received interview invitations! The best resource to prepare for Pharmacy School interviews is by viewing the "Interview Feedback" link at the top of the forum then clicking on "Pharmacy Schools." Here is the direct link to UH: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/uh-pharm/survey/26

Good luck all! I'll see you at a future interview date as a student ambassador.

But keep in mind that things are going to be done differently this year. Can't go into anymore detail than that but don't expect to have the same type of interview experience as applicants from previous years. The link is still a great resource though.

For those that have gotten an interview, would y'all mind sharing your info on what you got on your pcat and you gpa?

Guess all of us are in the eye of the storm now lol

Last edited:
So who here is applying to UH without a degree?

Does anyone know if Nov 18th was the only interview or has there been more? I submitted my pharmcas app few weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to send it to UH.. Am I really late?? =/

I don't have a degree. I turned in my supp app mid october. I am also curious if anyone got an interview invite besides the ones before thanksgivingg!

In case anyone hasn't read their emails or heard, UHCOP has changed their application deadline to February 1, 2012!

UH confirmed they received everything from me late October...I haven't heard anything back since. :rolleyes:

moose pharm,

I'm on the same boat. I sent mine late October. Ugh, the anxiety is killing me softly.

They must be taking their sweet time, since they extended the deadline too.

Why do schools extend deadlines? Not enough applicants?

ACCEPTED! So excited! Has anyone else heard anything yet?

I just received an invitation for interview on 01/12. Anyone else ? I'm so excited! =)

Do anyone of you guys who got accepted want to share your experiences at the interview or at least pm me so we can talk??? pretty please

I talked to another advisor today and I submitted my app Thanksgiving week -__- I hope its not too late :( my GPA STILL isn't calculated and I'm waiting on one more rec letter!

Anyone care to share how the interviews and what-nots were like?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
When does PharmCAS start calculating your GPA? After you e-submit or after you have everything (including all LORs in)? I'm not sure if I should just e-submit right now or wait until my last letter is in. Will it be better if I e-submit now or does PharmCAS only start calculating the GPA after everything is complete? Thanks.

When does PharmCAS start calculating your GPA? After you e-submit or after you have everything (including all LORs in)? I'm not sure if I should just e-submit right now or wait until my last letter is in. Will it be better if I e-submit now or does PharmCAS only start calculating the GPA after everything is complete? Thanks.

They start calculating the gpa once you have typed in all your coursework and when they get your transcript. I kept my application until my LORs were in (just because I wanted to) and my gpa was calculated before my LORs came in and before I e-submitted my app.

It took 2 weeks for them to calculate my gpa, but I was working on my PharmCAS in August to late September/early October, so it might take longer than 2 weeks since it's December now and they're probably really busy.

Wait, so you're saying as soon as they receive all your transcripts and you have the courses typed in, they start calculating your GPA? I thought they only start once you e-submit according to the FAQ. "Your PharmCAS GPAs will be available within 5 weeks from the date you e-submit your application, transcripts have been received and correct payment is received at PharmCAS."

So there is no need to wait for the letter basically or does it even matter if I wait for it since they will only send the application to the school once everything is complete?

Wait, so you're saying as soon as they receive all your transcripts and you have the courses typed in, they start calculating your GPA? I thought they only start once you e-submit according to the FAQ. "Your PharmCAS GPAs will be available within 5 weeks from the date you e-submit your application, transcripts have been received and correct payment is received at PharmCAS."

So there is no need to wait for the letter basically or does it even matter if I wait for it since they will only send the application to the school once everything is complete?

I checked back to my pharmcas account and my gpa was calculated after I e-submitted my app. Sorry for that there must be something wrong with me :oops::oops::oops: So the FAQ is correct.

From what I'm told they will send the application but the pharmacy schools won't look at it until it is completed or they will be waiting for the LORs. Like I know someone who applied to Texas Tech but he was missing an LOR but they gave him an interview anyways, but the couldn't accept him unless that LOR came in.

Oh so it's still better to e-submit even without all of the LORs completed since you can still get an interview date without all the LORs? If this is the case then I guess I'll e-submit right now then since I have everything else completed.

Oh so it's still better to e-submit even without all of the LORs completed since you can still get an interview date without all the LORs? If this is the case then I guess I'll e-submit right now then since I have everything else completed.

Yes a lot of people do that, but I'm not sure if every school would still send out interview invites though....I just know that Tech did last year

Besides Jan 12th, are there any interviews given after the ones in mid november?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing too. Is January 12th the second batch of interview? I also have an interview on that day. Who else is on the same boat? Super excited!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing too. Is January 12th the second batch of interview? I also have an interview on that day. Who else is on the same boat? Super excited!

I am! super excited as well! :D

ThugMotivation,

no there was not

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many people apply each year at UH (approximately)?

UHCOP statistics can be found here: http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/510

I would not worry about what other students have made on their PCAT or GPA. Instead, focus on yourself and prepare for interviews. Think about your strengths and weaknesses, and assume that questions may be presented regarding them.

I wish the best of luck to you all. GO COOGS!

Hi all,
Even though I have positive GPA and extracurricular activities. I did bad on my PCAT... even I feel disappointed in me but I hope for better outcome. Here is my stat if anyone can give any opinion where I stand for UHCOP, I appreciate it:
Verbal: 40
Reading: 40
Bio: 75
Quan: 69 < ---- now reviewing... i made mistake on easy questions, so stupid
chem: 93
composite: 71 T_T
My gpa overall is 3.85, science is 3.91
I involve in leadership experience as vice president, volunteer more than 2 years at pharmacy dept of hospital, have interaction with retail pharmacists although I am not a pharm tech... I have other pharmacy-unrelated volunteers and engagement (6 ~ 8) spreading in 2 years until now.... I know UH emphasizes on PCAT and GPA ...

Hi all,
Even though I have positive GPA and extracurricular activities. I did bad on my PCAT... even I feel disappointed in me but I hope for better outcome. Here is my stat if anyone can give any opinion where I stand for UHCOP, I appreciate it:
Bio: 75
Quan: 69 < ---- now reviewing... i made mistake on easy questions, so stupid
chem: 93
composite: 71 T_T
My gpa overall is 3.85, science is 3.91
I involve in leadership experience as vice president, volunteer more than 2 years at pharmacy dept of hospital, have interaction with retail pharmacists although I am not a pharm tech... I have other pharmacy-unrelated volunteers and engagement (6 ~ 8) spreading in 2 years until now.... I know UH emphasizes on PCAT and GPA ...

My situation is a little similar to yours and I was offered an interview (January 12th). I have a slightly higher GPA and PCAT. However, I have less volunteering experience (~7 months of volunteering at a clinic and hospital) and all my credits are from a community college (well, I was told they have a good reputation :rolleyes:) I beleive that if your personal statement is well-written and your letters of recommendations are strong, you will definitely receive an interview invite because I received one.
There has been a few questions on the stats of those who got an interview...so here are mine.
PCAT:
Bio: 80
Quant: 88
Chem: 89
composite: 74
3.93 GPA

Last edited: