University of Houston Class of 2016 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who already got accepted to the program, how long did it take for you to get that acceptance email. I know they said 3-5 weeks, but that's really a long time from now.
One of my friends who got accepted 2 years ago told me if the school like you, you will get the letter in 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody else here get an interview on Friday 26th too? I am excited and nervous :)

i interviewed on jan 12 and i just got an email saying i am accepted!!! so excited!!! did anyone else get an acceptance!!?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I may ask, what letter does ur last name start with? And what time did you get it? (@ventianroyalty)

If I may ask, what letter does ur last name start with? And what time did you get it? (@ventianroyalty)

i interviewed on jan 12 and i just got an email saying i am accepted!!! so excited!!! did anyone else get an acceptance!!?

Congratulations!

Hey! I'm just curious to know! Is the admissions committee actually sitting down and calculating GPAs for the required courses. I'm graduating with a degree from another university this May and have a lot of courses that aren't prereqs. There wasn't anywhere to list your prereqs and grades for them like there was in the past.

Hey ya'll-
I interviewed on Nov. 18th and got notification (just after my last grade posted that for the fall 2011 term) that my application had been tabled. Did anyone else get tabled that participated in that interview, and if so- have you gotten any other email saying you've been accepted yet?
I hate waiting - must be the OCD... HA HA!

Thanks-

I received an interview invite today! So excited but at the same time superrr nervous. Can anyone (who's already interviewed) share their experiences at the interview? Is there any way I can prepare for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite today! So excited but at the same time superrr nervous. Can anyone (who's already interviewed) share their experiences at the interview? Is there any way I can prepare for it?

Congratulations! Just be yourself and do your research on the school!

Still patiently waiting for an interview invite. How wonderful it would be to continue at UHCOP :luck:

Congratulations! Just be yourself and do your research on the school!

Still patiently waiting for an interview invite. How wonderful it would be to continue at UHCOP :luck:

hah, I go to UH as well. I'm ready to leave Houston. :D

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience with PPA! I am not sure how things were done your freshman year, but I am certain things are much different this year :)

Nevertheless, good luck on your path to pharmacy! Maybe we will run into each other soon!

Do you mind sharing your stats?
I'm all about what can get someone an interview at UHCOP and i'm really curious. GPA? PCAT score? Pharm experience to what extend?

My stats:
-Overall GPA: 3.71 (sGPA:3.6)
-PCAT:96
-Pharmacy experience: pharmacy technician at CVS (only for 3 months so that not that much experience!)

When did you submit your application? Since UH is rolling admission they might have just not gotten to your app yet! Gluck~~

You get an interview invitation depending when you apply. The earlier you apply, sooner you get one.

Has anyone got a reply back from the 12th Jan interview batch?

Has anyone got a reply back from the 12th Jan interview batch?

I think only Venetianroyalty received an acceptance letter on the 23rd. I received an e-mail a few hours ago from UH requesting proof of residency. I find it a little odd that they didn't ask me for it before the interview, nor during the interview... but 2 weeks after the interview. Anyways, I haven't heard back yet. The wait is killing me. Do you know anyone that has heard back?

You know as much as I do at this point. Just have to wait a little bit longer i guess.

Hi y'all,
Do you guys know if UH COP consider your application without a pharmacist letter?
I haven't find a pharm tech job yet (even though I've been waiting for months) and hospitals and independent pharmacies aren't accepting volunteers to work at their pharmacies...:scared:

I know a girl who had a letter from a physician. She asked if they would accept it, they said no (that's what she told me). Did you try contacting admissions?

You get an interview invitation depending when you apply. The earlier you apply, sooner you get one.

Or not. I completed my application in September and I haven't heard from UH. I've received interviews from other schools, including UT. UH, y you so hard?:confused:

The only thing I know that they may plan to interview 250 to 300 this year. They will continue the interview during March. I know it really gets on your nerve. But hope for the best :).

Has anyone heard back from the Jan 21st interviews?

Interviewed on Jan 12, and still waiting.. Keeping my fingers crossed. For those who are interviewing soon, good luck! I was really impressed with how friendly the current pharmacy students are, and they really make you feel relaxed. I would definitely research the school, because I did have to elaborate on why UH.

Interviewed on Jan 12, and still waiting.. Keeping my fingers crossed. For those who are interviewing soon, good luck! I was really impressed with how friendly the current pharmacy students are, and they really make you feel relaxed. I would definitely research the school, because I did have to elaborate on why UH.

You interviewed on the 12th too? I just want to make sure I didn't hear wrong...They said 3 weeks right? My interviewers said it would be 3 weeks, but Mr. Morgan Ely said it would take 3-5 weeks. I'm a little confused...I haven't heard back yet either. Keep me posted once you hear back. :)

To those who already interviewed: were most of the questions from the questionnaire & self-evaluation we filled out? I have my interview on this friday and I'm so nervous!

Last edited:
Cool, will do. Where you there on the 21at, if so, where you there during the morning session?

Yes, I attended the morning session. Did you like UH-COP? What group were you in?

To those who already interviewed: were most of the questions from the questionnaire & self-evaluation we filled out? I have my interview on this friday and I'm so nervous!

Yes and no. Some of mine were while some were totally off the wall and unexpected (not from the Interview Feedback either). Just keep your cool and be honest. Good luck!

Yes. My interview is pretty much predictable. Most of questions are from the questionaires and from the feedback of this forum.

Last edited:
does anyone know when they will be sending out acceptance/rejection letters for the 21st of Jan interviews?

You interviewed on the 12th too? I just want to make sure I didn't hear wrong...They said 3 weeks right? My interviewers said it would be 3 weeks, but Mr. Morgan Ely said it would take 3-5 weeks. I'm a little confused...I haven't heard back yet either. Keep me posted once you hear back. :)

They said 4 weeks, maybe sooner. I think they are also waiting for PharmCas to post your grades for fall. Or something like that? But I will definitely keep you posted. I think only one other person who interviewed on the 12th got their acceptance letter already. We can't all be so lucky...

They said 4 weeks, maybe sooner. I think they are also waiting for PharmCas to post your grades for fall. Or something like that? But I will definitely keep you posted. I think only one other person who interviewed on the 12th got their acceptance letter already. We can't all be so lucky...
I mean when i went for the interview some of the Pharmacy students told me that you might know as quickly as two weeks, but I guess we will find out soon enough. I really hope I get in, I loved the environment and the people there.

I hope to get in also. I remember my interviewers saying 3 weeks. But anyways, we'll keep eachother posted. On the bright side, I did check my mail today too, no rejection or tabled letter.

the standard answer is 3-4 weeks, but you can receive your letter of acceptance via email earliest 2 weeks. Good luck!

Yes, I attended the morning session. Did you like UH-COP? What group were you in?

Yeah, the people were nice. However, I heard that pharmacy may be over manned by the time we graduate and the more prestigious the school, the better. So I'm probably going to go to UT COP if I get an acceptance letter from them. I don't know how to describe my group, but we had fun during the group discussion thing. How was your experience?

Yeah, the people were nice. However, I heard that pharmacy may be over manned by the time we graduate and the more prestigious the school, the better. So I'm probably going to go to UT COP if I get an acceptance letter from them. I don't know how to describe my group, but we had fun during the group discussion thing. How was your experience?

Same here, lets see if I get into another school, fingers crossed! Experience was good. Hoped that it would be at the main campus though so we could see the entire campus and what it had to offer.

Been 3 weeks now and still no response. They aren't picking the phone also..

Been 3 weeks now and still no response. They aren't picking the phone also..

Sighs..I'm pretty sure my interviewers said three weeks. Anyways, so I called them, I spoke with the secretary and I was told that the adcom had a meeting today. She's not sure if the meeting was to make decisions on our interview (January 12th) or earlier. The earlier interview was on November 18th so I'm pretty sure the decisions have been made for our batch. I figured the acceptance e-mail would be sent out today or tomorrow. She told me to call back if I don't hear anything by the end of next week. Good luck to everyone!

Hi All!

Does anyone know if UH will consider you application without a letter of recommendation from a PHARMACIST? I know it says it's required but not sure how strict they are with that. I have worked in Health Insurance for the past 4 years so I submitted letters of recommendations from my supervisors who know me pretty well. I guess I am debating wheter to continue with the app because I got an email saying I needed to submit the supplemetnal application but I don't want $150 to go to waste if they are not even going to consider my application.:confused:

Any insight will help!

Thanks!

Hi All!

Does anyone know if UH will consider you application without a letter of recommendation from a PHARMACIST? I know it says it's required but not sure how strict they are with that. I have worked in Health Insurance for the past 4 years so I submitted letters of recommendations from my supervisors who know me pretty well. I guess I am debating wheter to continue with the app because I got an email saying I needed to submit the supplemetnal application but I don't want $150 to go to waste if they are not even going to consider my application.:confused:

Any insight will help!

Thanks!

No they won't. I've heard of applications getting outright denied because of that. So you must have a LOR from a pharmacist.

I had a question about the residency papers that they requested. Do we have to provide proof from Part A, B, and C or just part A?? sorry I e-mailed them and called but haven't received a response yet :(