University of Houston Class of 2016 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You interviewed on the 21!?

Yeah, I was part of the morning bunch. Don't worry though, most probably the rest of the letters will come in on Monday. Not every acceptance letter came for the 21st I think.

BTW my stats are GPA: 3.43 PCAT: 79

Members don't see this ad.

For those who just got there acceptance letters, CONGRATS!~
Were you guys from Jan 21st batch?

Did anyone get accepted from the afternoon interviews on jan 21st?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get accepted from the afternoon interviews on jan 21st?

I am from the afternoon jan 21 n got accepted email yesterday. Personally, I think they did not send all acceptance yesterday. I will call them tomorrow to ask more.

Last edited:
my stats were GPA 3.38 and PCAT 85

I have almost exact stats..same gpa and my pcat was a 87. I didn't get an acceptance letter though. Do you have a degree? FYI, I'm not bitter, just concerned. lol. i really want to go to u of h. Congrats to all of those that made it so far...I hope i can join you guys at the white coat ceremony.

I have almost exact stats..same gpa and my pcat was a 87. I didn't get an acceptance letter though. Do you have a degree? FYI, I'm not bitter, just concerned. lol. i really want to go to u of h. Congrats to all of those that made it so far...I hope i can join you guys at the white coat ceremony.

No I don't have a degree. I'm not sure what would set anyone apart, but I don't think they have sent out all of the acceptance letters for our group just based on how they sent them out for the last batch of interviewees. I wouldn't give up hope. Reading sdn can just make everyone more on edge! haha

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!!! If you've already interviewed, be sure to fill out the interview feedback: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/uh-pharm.

Hang in there if you've been tabled or still waiting! UH is interviewing people until near the end of the semester so it's not over yet. Good luck to those who have upcoming interviews. I'll see more of you then!

Has UH been interviewing every week so far?

Congratulations to those who have been accepted. I am still waiting patiently for an interview opportunity. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! Last week they didn't hear until after business hours on Monday...

Me too! Last week they didn't hear until after business hours on Monday...

Has anyone talked to the people at the school? Maybe they're not sending out anymore acceptance letters for this round? I'm nervous as heck!! I'm about to smoke a cigarette and I don't even smoke.

Has anyone talked to the people at the school? Maybe they're not sending out anymore acceptance letters for this round? I'm nervous as heck!! I'm about to smoke a cigarette and I don't even smoke.

I called and they said they only made some decisions for batch 21st. The admission committee continues to meet this week for more decisions. The acceptance letters are sent to those admitted. There is still hope. Just don't let worry be in your way since you still have school. I wish everyone the best. :D

How many days do the accepted people have to accept the offer and pay the deposit?

So...i guess I'm tabled or something? lol. i haven't heard ANYTHING from u of h. it would be nice to know if I should go to this u t austin interview or not. I really don't want to go there but i will if its the only option. When did they say the next adcom meeting is?

From what I've seen, those who were tabled and accepted got their letter at the same time. I would assume that they haven't sent out all the acceptance e-mails yet. I have not seen anyone talked about rejection letter on this forum yet. Don't lose hope yet. Good luck!

They said that the adcom is meeting within the next few days :( I'm just freaking out because they said I should've heard something 4-6 weeks after I sent in my supp and this is roughly the sixth week >_<

At the next adcom meeting, will they be considering those who were tabled too and possibly send them offers? or do the tabeled applicants have wait until after all the interview sessions?

Just received an email saying I was tabled :( here's to more waiting...

Hey... I know it's treadful but at least you have one more chance :) . You'll know what I mean gradually. Hope the best for you

i heard from people who interviewed last year that being tabled is like being on a 2nd waitlist? I've only seen posts of people being tabled...are they still doing waitlists this year?

Congrats to those that were accepted! All I've heard is from UH is a email requesting residency papers!

i heard from people who interviewed last year that being tabled is like being on a 2nd waitlist? I've only seen posts of people being tabled...are they still doing waitlists this year?

I think that being "tabled" means that they consider you every time they are considering the new round of interviewed people and compare you to that new group of people. So you are constantly being considered. But I think the waitlist means you would have been accepted but there is no longer room ie the class is full, so if you are on the waitlist you can only get in if people give up their spots. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Anyone else waiting on emails from Jan 27th interview?

Did you guys received an email that they are processing your info? I didn't hear anything from them other than that I need to send proof of residency. Do you guys know how many rounds of interview are there? Do they send rejection letters to those that are not accepted?:confused:

Hi Lapaix, usually there will be no email regarding status update. They only send email for required paperwork, interview and admission decision. You just need to wait :), they'll do more interviews throughout February.
They do send rejection letter if you are not accepted. Or else it will be tabled or acceptance letter. Hope that help :D

You are correct though I'm unsure if the adcom at UH reviews all the tabled candidates after a new round of interviews. UH does not waitlist people so the only options are an acceptance, tabled, or rejection.

I think that being "tabled" means that they consider you every time they are considering the new round of interviewed people and compare you to that new group of people. So you are constantly being considered. But I think the waitlist means you would have been accepted but there is no longer room ie the class is full, so if you are on the waitlist you can only get in if people give up their spots. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Does anyone have information about when the next adcom meeting is, or when should we hear back from them?

They said that they were meeting within the next couple of days (this was Monday) and I haven't heard anything yet either :/

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed and how many do they usually accept? Just wanted an idea to gauge my chances. Thanks.

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed and how many do they usually accept? Just wanted an idea to gauge my chances. Thanks.

UH interviews roughly 250 people and accepts 110 of those people. :D

has anybody heard something from u of h today? i've been checking and rechecking my email

Has anyone been invited to the March interviews?!

Oh wow, I thought they sent out all the letters at the same time, one of my friends from 27th got hers already (tabled). I have to give Texas Tech an answer by end of the month. I hope Feb. 3rd interviewees will hear back before then :rolleyes:

I called and they said they only made some decisions for batch 21st. The admission committee continues to meet this week for more decisions. The acceptance letters are sent to those admitted. There is still hope. Just don't let worry be in your way since you still have school. I wish everyone the best. :D

Thank you.

Oh wow, I thought they sent out all the letters at the same time, one of my friends from 27th got hers already (tabled). I have to give Texas Tech an answer by end of the month. I hope Feb. 3rd interviewees will hear back before then :rolleyes:

Hmm... good to hear. I thought they haven't made decision on 27th since no one in forum announces about acceptance or other decisions :confused:

so the interviews are over? I applied in November and still have not heard anything yet not even a rejection letter... so im not sure what is going on..

Interviewed Feb 3rd got accepted!!! YAY! Go coogs!!

There are still several interview dates left in the semester. Do all of your documents appear as received when you do your application status check? If so, have you called the admissions office to check on the status of your application?

so the interviews are over? I applied in November and still have not heard anything yet not even a rejection letter... so im not sure what is going on..

I was sent an e-mail asking for my residency information.

I graduated from a Texas high school and attended university only in Texas. I haven't worked for a consecutive 12 months and cannot provide documentation for Part A or Part B. My parents claimed me as a dependent on their taxes this year, so can I send that documentation to show proof of domicile?

I'm so confused... :annoyed:

I was sent an e-mail asking for my residency information.

I graduated from a Texas high school and attended university only in Texas. I haven't worked for a consecutive 12 months and cannot provide documentation for Part A or Part B. My parents claimed me as a dependent on their taxes this year, so can I send that documentation to show proof of domicile?

I'm so confused... :annoyed:

You should be fine. Try calling the office and relaying this information to them.

I applied in September and haven't heard anything from UH. At this point, I am set on Tech and UT.

Has anyone who received a tabled letter heard back from the college yet regarding acceptance/rejection decisions?