University of Houston Class of 2016 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The letter has been sent out. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all that have been accepted!! I'm still waiting for an interview since I finished the supplemental late... :/ *crosses fingers*

I still haven't heard anything back from the 12th interview. Does anyone know if they have send out all the acceptances for this batch? And has anyone received a rejection/ waitlist etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
My supplemental check got processed this weekend. Hoping to hear back soon...

I still haven't heard anything back from the 12th interview. Does anyone know if they have send out all the acceptances for this batch? And has anyone received a rejection/ waitlist etc?

I called during the weekend. A few acceptances have been sent out from the 12th Jan batch. But i was told to just keep waiting since the 4-6 week time period is not up yet.

The adcom sends out the decisions not the staff at the COP, so we'll know before anyone else.

How late does UH interview? I still haven't heard from UH. I talked to a fellow classmate and she already interviewed UH.

So I just got an e-mail saying that I've been "tabled". Did anyone else get this email? And could someone please explain to me what exactly it means to be "tabled"; in other words, do I still have a chance of getting accepted?.....:confused:

So I just got an e-mail saying that I've been "tabled". Did anyone else get this email? And could someone please explain to me what exactly it means to be "tabled"; in other words, do I still have a chance of getting accepted?.....:confused:

I also just got the same email.

From what i understand, from the interview day our application will be compared to other applicants in the coming interview sessions. Our applications can either move up or down the list (pool) now.

Its not the end of the road though. It just means that we will have to wait a bit longer to find out if we have been accepted.

yay!! I just got my acceptance letter, well more like I just opened it. Congrats everyone who got it! Look forward to seeing you on campus next year!

PCAT: 94
GPA: 3.4
Rx Experience: 5+ years as a CPhT
B.S. in Microbiology

Got my mail at 6:45PM

Members don't see this ad :)
WEEEE! I just received my acceptance letter today! XD Congratz to those who got in and for those who are still waiting! Dont lose hope!

does anyone know how many more interview sessions are left?
and how many interviews are offered vs. how many accepted?

last question- does everyone get tabled if you dont get offered an acceptance? or do some people get rejected right away instead of being tabled? thanks!

does anyone know how many more interview sessions are left?
and how many interviews are offered vs. how many accepted?

last question- does everyone get tabled if you dont get offered an acceptance? or do some people get rejected right away instead of being tabled? thanks!

1) I have no clue, based on previous years, they seem to have a little less than 10 sessions. There were interviews on: November 18th, January 12th, January 21st, January 26st....so I would assume there are around 4-5 interview batches left?
2) Last year, there were 250 interviews and they took in 110 students.
3) People do receive a rejection letter after the interview. Many have gotten accepted after being tabled initially.

Hope that helps.

@gravitygirl: thanks! i was in the jan 12th batch and got tabled so i was just trying to see what my chances are of getting accepted. so nervous still!

From my understanding, tabled means that you have not been rejected nor accepted. You will be ranked with the other "tabled" applicants after they are done conducting interviews, and acceptance letters are given upon someone vacating their spot. I have been told that this is done in May.

Good luck guys! COOGS ALL THE WAY!

Hey everyone!

I was thinking starting a group UHCOP class of 2016. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone on my friend's list yet, which means I can't start the group. If anyone is interested in joining, please post or private message me your name so I can at least have one member to begin the process. I will definitely post the link once the group has been created.

Thanks.

Congrats to those who have been accepted!! :thumbup: I interviewed with UH on Feb 3rd! Patiently waiting to hear back for another week or two. Go coogs!!

Has anyone from the January 21st interview batch heard back yet? Or does anyone know when the adcom is meeting/met?? I am going nuts waiting!

I also interviewed jan 21st and haven't heard anything!

argh, I didn't feel nervous for 3 weeks now it's Saturday and I keep checking inbox like crazy :(

I'm at work and I having to refresh the forum and my email as well. ;-/

I keep checking my phone every 2 minutes. I heard it ring and I got excited, but it was just spam.....

I'm doing the same thing! Maybe they aren't sending out invites today. Boo

AH maybe because today they have another round of interview ... so they don't have time sending emails?????

Nothing yet fellow Cougs!? I guess it's not happening this week. ;( ooh.. It's dreadful

No..... I'll call them on Monday and see. Just forget it :-j

Hey guys! I got my acceptance letter today! 8:00PM was when I got it.

Yeah me too!!! I got my acceptance letter at 8:00, can't wait to attend next year.

OMG OMG I just receive an acceptance email from UHCOP OMG SO EXCITED.

I received my acceptance email at 7:50!! So excited!!

Congrats what are the last names of those who were accepted!?

Congrats guys :D
I havent received mine yet. do you guys know if they send out all the acceptance at once??

Congrats to all the acceptances!!!

What were everyone's stats who got accepted today?
I didn't receive an email :(

It's alright guys! Our time will come same thing happened last week anyway the other half didn't know till Monday! Maybe the morning session was today and the evening session is on Monday. Regardless a warm claps to those who got accepted you guys deserve it!

got accepted today at 7:50! Congrats everyone! I know we have all been working hard!!