University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did you do an academic update recently?
So, I am doing my Masters and recently my grades for the Fall semester came in so I sent them my transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a GPA of 3.5 and DAT of 20. I honestly have no idea how much longer they will do interviews. I think this interview is for the waitlist though.
Why do you think that? The class isn’t filled up yet

Any movement on the waitlist? I was put on the waitlist on Dec. 15th, interviewed on Nov. 5th.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a GPA of 3.5 and DAT of 20. I honestly have no idea how much longer they will do interviews. I think this interview is for the waitlist though.
They did that last cycle. I interviewed post-decision day and it was for the waitlist which I never got off of lollll

Did they specifically mention that it was for waitlisted spots?

Turned down my acceptance from UIC. Hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Any movement on the waitlist? I was put on the waitlist on Dec. 15th, interviewed on Nov. 5th.
Nope. I am in the same boat as you. I was put on the waitlist too on Dec. 15th and interviewed on Oct. 20th and still waiting to hear! Hopefully, we hear from them soon with good news!

What do you guys think about writing a letter of intent? I am on the waitlist at UIC and am debating whether or not I should send one, or just ride it out. They are my top choice, but I also don't want to come off as desperate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

What do you guys think about writing a letter of intent? I am on the waitlist at UIC and am debating whether or not I should send one, or just ride it out. They are my top choice, but I also don't want to come off as desperate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
I am also waitlisted and they are my top choice. I already sent them my letter of intent a week after I was received an email form them saying I was put on the waitlist. I don't think it will sound off as we are desperate, but it will just show that we are still interested and would like to attend there. And also it will serve as a document that tells them what we have been working on and doing, any accomplishments we gained, etc... that they should be aware of. So, I think if anything it will only help us. Hope this helps you decide on whether to send one or not, but good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw on the fb page someone saying they got an acceptance from Uic on January 4th? I thought schools typically wait until after deposits are due

Thank you! Just want to make sure, all they have in front of them is our name or they also have our extracurriculars and what not? I keep mixing them up lol
i think not our extracurriculars because what we talked about in mine was based on what I brought up!

Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were complete?
Interview #5
School: UIC
Notification date: 1/19/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (overall, science): 3.20, 2.95 Post-Bacc GPA: 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/23/none

I have my interview with UIC tomorrow, did those that interviewed already have one or two interviewers?

Interview #5
School: UIC
Notification date: 1/19/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (overall, science): 3.20, 2.95 Post-Bacc GPA: 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/23/none
Did you send in an academic update from the fall semester?

I just got accepted off the waitlist this morning!!! I am so happy!!

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone who interviewed yesterday, isn't the virtual tour with he admissions today? It is the 4th Friday of the Month and it specified in the mail that it will be today. However, the link is not working.

For anyone who interviewed yesterday, isn't the virtual tour with he admissions today? It is the 4th Friday of the Month and it specified in the mail that it will be today. However, the link is not working.
Check the date once you click the link. Should say the exact date the next tour will be at, think it was near the bottom of the page

I interviewed yesterday too & the link isnt working for me either

after attending the student panel do they keep sending you the email about joining the student panel? I just wanna make sure they have me recorded down and know that I have attended the panel.

How long after the interview did they say that we will be finding out? I have yet to do the admissions/virtual tour session.

Hey, so now that you are accepted (congrats!!!) I wanted to ask you if you had already sent in your letter of intent from when you were asking? Also, when did you interview again? Did you know that you were put on the waitlist on December 15th as well? (Sorry for all of my questions, but I would appreciate it if you can answer them for me :) Thanks!!

Hey, so now that you are accepted (congrats!!!) I wanted to ask you if you had already sent in your letter of intent from when you were asking? Also, when did you interview again? Did you know that you were put on the waitlist on December 15th as well? (Sorry for all of my questions, but I would appreciate it if you can answer them for me :) Thanks!!
Thanks a lot! I hope that you hear some good news too:) And yes I ended up sending the letter of intent on Monday, I am not sure if this had anything to do with me being accepted the same week but I got an immediate response to my letter which gave me some hope. I interviewed on Nov. 5th, and was place on the waitlist on Dec. 15th. Best of luck to you and i am happy to answer any more questions!

Thanks a lot! I hope that you hear some good news too:) And yes I ended up sending the letter of intent on Monday, I am not sure if this had anything to do with me being accepted the same week but I got an immediate response to my letter which gave me some hope. I interviewed on Nov. 5th, and was place on the waitlist on Dec. 15th. Best of luck to you and i am happy to answer any more questions!
Thank you and okay I see. Yes, when I sent my letter a week after I was placed on the waitlist on 12/15 I received an immediate response as well saying that they will add it to my application. But until now I did not hear anything, but I am waiting and hoping for the best. Thank you so much again and yes I hope I get accepted too :)

Does anyone know how much longer they will be interviewing for? Really hoping to get an interview!

Thank you and okay I see. Yes, when I sent my letter a week after I was placed on the waitlist on 12/15 I received an immediate response as well saying that they will add it to my application. But until now I did not hear anything, but I am waiting and hoping for the best. Thank you so much again and yes I hope I get accepted too :)
Can I ask what email you sent the letter of interest to? I sent one but never got a response so I'm worried I could have used the wrong email. Thanks!

Can I ask what email you sent the letter of interest to? I sent one but never got a response so I'm worried I could have used the wrong email. Thanks!
I sent it straight to the two directors of admission at UIC College of dentistry. You can find their email and contact info on this page: UIC Directory

Hope this helps and good luck!

did anyone attend the student panel session yesterday?