University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I saw on Dental admissions FB group that 4 people got acceptances last week. I don't think they were previously on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations, that is awesome! Just wondering: how many days does the COD give to respond back with a decision? Thanks and congrats!
So to break down my cycle. I applied late November 2020. Had an interview January 28th and heard nothing until I wrote a letter of intent on February 26th and I was placed on the waitlist February 27th and then I was accepted April 2nd. I was accepted elsewhere so I mentioned it in letter I don’t know if that helped contribute to their decision but if you were it doesn’t hurt to respectfully mention it! Hope this helps good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
So to break down my cycle. I applied late November 2020. Had an interview January 28th and heard nothing until I wrote a letter of intent on February 26th and I was placed on the waitlist February 27th and then I was accepted April 2nd. I was accepted elsewhere so I mentioned it in letter I don’t know if that helped contribute to their decision but if you were it doesn’t hurt to respectfully mention it! Hope this helps good luck!
Hey theo7, I meant for someone offered a seat such as yourself. How much time are you given to either accept or decline and place a deposit. Sorry, I should've been more specific. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
where else were u accepted? Where are you withdrawing your seat?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey theo7, I meant for someone offered a seat such as yourself. How much time are you given to either accept or decline and place a deposit. Sorry, I should've been more specific. Thanks!
Oh you’re given 2 weeks! Haha Myb I read it wrong 😩

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Has anyone one of you guys called UIC to express further interest in their program? If so who did you guys call?
Man, this waiting game is killing me :/

Hey guys, I reached out to Carolyn asking about my application status and she said that all decisions will be made at the end of the cycle in April, but didn’t tell me when exactly and I didn’t want to annoy her with too many questions, but does anyone else have any more details regarding these decisions?

They just said by April, they never gave an exact date....So will the decisions be done by May? I'm also confused

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well! Has anyone from out-of-state received an acceptance/or been put on the wait-list for UIC?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Has anyone else had any updates lately? I was going to call it at the end of this month if I don't hear anything back :/
Thanks.

Hi. Has anyone else had any updates lately? I was going to call it at the end of this month if I don't hear anything back :/
Thanks.
I just got my denial this afternoon. In State, no interview.

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for the update. Good luck to you elsewhere!
I appreciate it! Got in to SIU and accepted my offer there, would have been nice to get in to more than one place for pride but happy with where I am ending up. Good luck to you as well!

Hey guys! I plan on applying to UIC for next years application and am currently working on studying for my DAT, is that okay if ppl accepted can share some of their stats and dif things they think helped them get in, UIC is one of my top choices so I was just curious and to what helped you guys get in

Nope, what about you? Are the people on the waitlist supposed to be hearing back soon?
Same. Still waitlisted in-state. It sucks. I'm not sure but I think people could hear anything up until classes start.

Same. Still waitlisted in-state. It sucks. I'm not sure but I think people could hear anything up until classes start.
Man this is stressful. What are you supposed to do if you're not sure if you will get admitted and want to apply for a masters? Do you have to put down a deposit for those programs too?

Did anyone else get accepted into the UIC post bacc program with guaranteed admission for class of '26?

I wrote a letter of intent after being placed on the waiting list to one of the admissions directors and no reply :/

someone I know was accepted for class of 2026 through the UHP PAP program after being waitlisted. acceptance received last Friday. anyone else in the program interested in starting a fb group?