University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh I almost forgot that I applied here and its my IS, oops! This is all going by so quickly!

Members don't see this ad.

So this may just be me, but I was just calculating my expenses for September, and I couldn't find the supplemental fee charge on my bank statement. So I went back to the sup app page, and it's check-marked next to the payment part. I submitted the app on Oct 1st so I'm wondering if they just haven't charged my account yet, or why.

So this may just be me, but I was just calculating my expenses for September, and I couldn't find the supplemental fee charge on my bank statement. So I went back to the sup app page, and it's check-marked next to the payment part. I submitted the app on Oct 1st so I'm wondering if they just haven't charged my account yet, or why.
Hmmm...mine's on my bill. I'd call them and let them know something went wrong. You don't want to get tossed just because it appears that you never paid the fee, even though you tried to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm...mine's on my bill. I'd call them and let them know something went wrong. You don't want to get tossed just because it appears that you never paid the fee, even though you tried to.
Okay, I'm going to e-mail (because my phone gets crappy phone reception). Also, did you get an e-mail saying that your sup app was submitted correctly, out of curiosity?

Okay, I'm going to e-mail (because my phone gets crappy phone reception). Also, did you get an e-mail saying that your sup app was submitted correctly, out of curiosity?
Nope, doesn't look like I did! I don't have a receipt of payment in my inbox either.

I submitted the supplemental on the 2nd and the charge still shows as "pending" on my account. But if it's not showing up at all for you, I would be concerned.

How's everyone doing? It feels good to be done with that essay, right?!

Reactions: 1 users
How's everyone doing? It feels good to be done with that essay, right?!

Fo Shizzle.......If only I had them all done!!

Also, I feel like we're applying to all the same schools haha, I hope we'll get to be classmates somewhere!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Fo Shizzle.......If only I had them all done!!

Also, I feel like we're applying to all the same schools haha, I hope we'll get to be classmates somewhere!!!
If not classmates, colleagues :)

Members don't see this ad :)
During the open house I had a lot of people come up to me and say they were applying this year! It was really cool :). If any of you on here came up to me at the open house I was the working at the Herp booth with the axolotls :D - give me a holler!

During the open house I had a lot of people come up to me and say they were applying this year! It was really cool :). If any of you on here came up to me at the open house I was the working at the Herp booth with the axolotls :D - give me a holler!
Are you a current vet student at U of Illinois? If so would you mind talking about the school more and your interview experience?

Yes, I am a current 1st yr student at the U of I. Right now we have just finished our first 8wks which were all clinical rotations. This Monday was our first day actually in the classroom. However, I hear that this is going to change for the next class. They are moving the clinical rotations to the 2nd 8wks of the 1st semester from what I have heard. Shoot me some specific questions if you have any and I will try my best to answer them or ask someone who knows!

Edit: As for the interview I cannot share interview questions asked or info from within the interview room since that is against the school honor code :). General questions about the format of the day like tours. how formal it is, who interviews you, etc would be okay, sorry!

Last edited:
As far as interviewing goes, your best bet is to look at the interview feedback part on the forums. They have a list of sample questions. You could also google "behavioral based interview questions" and just practice going through them. that helped me a lot

Anyone else starting to get super anxious? Ok ok so Im not just now starting to get anxious. I've been anxious since I've hit submit! I JUST WANT TO HEAR BACK ABOUT SOMETHING! haha. I think schools like Iowa, Ross, and Midwestern are starting to send emails about interviews but I didnt apply to any of those!

Anyone else starting to get super anxious? Ok ok so Im not just now starting to get anxious. I've been anxious since I've hit submit! I JUST WANT TO HEAR BACK ABOUT SOMETHING! haha. I think schools like Iowa, Ross, and Midwestern are starting to send emails about interviews but I didnt apply to any of those!
Same! Any clue when Illi opens the status portal? @HowIMetYourPet ?

If it weren't for having applied to Michigan and Iowa, I'd be anxious too. I hate the lack of transparency during this process. >.<'

Also, remember that Midwestern and Ross use rolling admissions so you hear back from those really fast compared to the US/accredited schools.

I'm actually also curious how they determine the rigor of the undergrad experience. Do they look at school ranking?
They use the number of credits per semester and assign points to that.

Oh goodness.... I don't remember for sure, but I know it was late... last year I applied to 3 schools (Illi, Ohio, VMRCVM) and I remember I heard last from Illi.... I don't think interview invites even went out until January/Feb....

If you guys are applying to other schools... expect to hear from Illi after all of those ;)

Although I didn't apply last year my coworker did and I wanna say she interviewed at Illinois around Jan or Feb as well.

Yeah, last year they interviewed everyone on the same day, there were around 350 people if I remember correctly...it was a mad house...an extremely well organized mad house, but there were a LOT of people...

My interview invitation letter was dated 1/9/2014. Interviews were on 2/10/2014 last year.

From last year's thread, it looks like the status portal opened on November 7th, a few rejections were sent out around December 9th, most interview decisions went out around January 10th, and interviews were February 10th, with final decisions around February 22nd-24th. I got bored a few weeks ago and made a list of all the dates from last year's threads for the schools I applied to. ;) I like the relatively quick turnaround time between interviews and decisions at least!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an email that the applicant status page is up! Right now it pretty much tells you if they've received everything, and your required and science GPAs as they calculated them. My science GPA is a little depressing. :(

Also, if you petitioned to have your first year excluded from your GPA, you can find out if they accepted your petition by looking in the supplemental petitions section.

Last edited:
Yeah my science GPA is 3.47 and my cumulative is 3.65 (Which is interesting because my school says that it is a 3.72 hopefully this will reflect that once evaluations are complete) and my poor GRE score is a 48 lol

=(

Yeah my science GPA is 3.47 and my cumulative is 3.65 (Which is interesting because my school says that it is a 3.72 hopefully this will reflect that once evaluations are complete) and my poor GRE score is a 48 lol

=(
If your GPAs are there, then your transcripts have already been evaluated, if I'm reading the email correctly. Did you repeat a course? Illinois includes all attempts at repeated courses in their GPA calculations. If that's not it I would email them about the discrepancy.

Also if it makes you feel better my science is a 2.99 and my cumulative is 3.42. :oops: On the plus side they have my GRE as an 89, but that doesn't count for as much.

How does that gre thing they do work? I saw 63 and got a bit scared that they got something wrong.

^^ Yeah I just saw that my GRE score is like 64. How do they calculate your GRE into a numerical score? Is it out of 100? :/

How does that gre thing they do work? I saw 63 and got a bit scared that they got something wrong.
I'm pretty sure they averaged your best percentile score for each section. The low number confused me at first too!

^^ Yeah I just saw that my GRE score is like 64. How do they calculate your GRE into a numerical score? Is it out of 100? :/

They use the average of your percentiles for verbal, quantitative and writing, so the highest would be 99 I think.

Last edited:
I'm bummed that they include ALL grades into the cumulative GPA. I have a law degree and those grades weren't as good as my undergrad ones, so my GPA was lowered because of stupid Constitutional Law! :mad:

Last edited:
Awe that sucks, I actually didn't get an e-mail so I am looking into that

Having it all laid out like that really makes a blow to your confidence. =/

My GPAs look worse than I expected. Ugh.

They use the average of your percentile for verbal and quantitative, so the highest would be 100.
I think they actuallhy averaged all three sections, quatitative, verbal, and analytical writing!

I'm in agreement with everyone - my GPAs are lower than I calculated and I think it's bizarre that they put a grade on the GRE score. I did super well on quantitative and verbal, the two sections that ACTUALLY matter, but my writing brought it down. Not cool lol.

I feel really average with the scores they gave me....3.54 cum 3.4 science and a 52 GRE
I wish we could just hear back now instead of January.

I am glad we are all depressed now. Haha My GPA looks awful calculated out. Well not awful but still depressing. Also do your evals say "selected" because mine do and I dont know if that means they have received them or not!

I am glad we are all depressed now. Haha My GPA looks awful calculated out. Well not awful but still depressing. Also do your evals say "selected" because mine do and I dont know if that means they have received them or not!
All my evals say selected, so I'm assuming that means they've been received

Happy with my stats! Everyone must smile :) We should be hearing the first round of rejections sometime towards the end of December if I remember correctly.

My evals all say selected too!

Does anyone know how much the GRE is worth in their rankings of academics? My GRE is definitely better than my GPA!

Thanks guys! Good luck to everyone!!!!

I'm a little confused as to how to see the status page...I clicked the link in the email and then it just brought me to my supplemental application. Any advice on how to see my status?