University of Illinois c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All of this traveling has made me hungry, so if anyone else is solo and ashamed to eat alone, you're welcome to join (just PM me or whatever).

I've got no shame in my solo eating game. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm leaving later tonight after watchin The Walking Dead from just outside St Louis. Roads aren't too bad around here, but the snow has been done since 1pm here. We're gonna stay the night up there, but I have an afternoon interview so I don't need to be up super early.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally hit the ice 53 miles south of champaign. Missing the walking dead until the encore episode.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone drive safely tonight and tomorrow! It may not look bad but there are spots that will surprise you and you can never really trust the driving capabilities of others. Give yourselves enough time to take it slow, we want to see all your beautiful faces tomorrow.

I'm leaving later tonight after watchin The Walking Dead from just outside St Louis. Roads aren't too bad around here, but the snow has been done since 1pm here. We're gonna stay the night up there, but I have an afternoon interview so I don't need to be up super early.

Cant wait for TWD!

I know this has been asked but is this open or closed interview ?

They don't know anything about you so sell yourself!

Members don't see this ad :)
LET'S DO THIS, GUYS!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
That's a valid answer to give. It's pretty easy to search, at least on SDN. It might also be on the website.
Plus I think I said the answer not too long ago....

Also, our sidewalks aren't salted yet so proceed with caution.

Signed,
The girl who almost ate it

Good luck everyone! :)

I-57 south from Chicago is okay so far.... Hopefully it stays this way! Good luck everyone :)

That went super well! Hope everyone else is feeling great!

Reactions: 2 users
Plus I think I said the answer not too long ago....

Also, our sidewalks aren't salted yet so proceed with caution.

Signed,
The girl who almost ate it
Well sorry guys, my nerves were kicking in and didn't even think to really check the website. My B. Didn't think it hurt to just ask again but...

Anyways, I loved the school and hope everyone's interviews went or go well!

Reactions: 2 users
Quickest interview ever.... Not terribly confident on my efforts. Ah well, guess we'll find out in 2 weeks!

Quickest interview ever.... Not terribly confident on my efforts. Ah well, guess we'll find out in 2 weeks!
Mine was like 10 minutes. Others went up to 45 and were waitlisted. The interview length really isn't what determines if it was a 'good' interview or not!

How long was yours? Mine was 30 minutes.
Mine was like 10 minutes. Others went up to 45 and were waitlisted. The interview length really isn't what determines if it was a 'good' interview or not!

Mine was approximately 10 minutes. I didn't have a clock on me while I was waiting so not positive if my interview started right on time or a bit early

Mine was approximately 10 minutes. I didn't have a clock on me while I was waiting so not positive if my interview started right on time or a bit early
Yeah don't worry about the length. FWIW, I was extremely nervous and thought I bombed my interview. Here I am!

Mine was 30? Honestly have no idea. We were talking and joking and I told them they were going to have to kick me out whenever they needed to end it otherwise I'd talk all day. It was a great team to talk with though and the program seems top notch. :thumbup: Plus they had endless coffee all day in the Atrium... jackpot! :coffee::naughty:

My interview was literally 15 minutes long, they spent about 3 minutes on conversational questions and then the rest was situational. I thought it went well but there was one situational question about rotations that kind of threw me off because it was worded a bit weird. The interviewers were all very nice, I kinda wish it was more conversational rather than them reading situations off of a paper because I feel I do better in conversational interviews, also there were three people in the room but only one person asked me questions so I just answered her while the other two stared at me :bored:lol. I liked the tour of the school, we got to walk around a lot, it isn't as pretty or rennovated as other vet schools but it does have solid programs. I hope I get in! LOL the first thing I did when I was done was watch the TWD episode :happy:

Mine was somewhere between 15 and 20. Super nice community!

Thanks for coming everyone! Wishing you all safe travels to your homes!

Thanks for coming everyone! Wishing you all safe travels to your homes!
Oh I'm not leaving until tomorrow and I'm glad I stayed... I tried out the recommendation and Black Dog was amazing.

Thanks to everyone that helped host us today. It was a pleasant experience and I hope to return in a few months.

My interview was literally 15 minutes long, they spent about 3 minutes on conversational questions and then the rest was situational. I thought it went well but there was one situational question about rotations that kind of threw me off because it was worded a bit weird. The interviewers were all very nice, I kinda wish it was more conversational rather than them reading situations off of a paper because I feel I do better in conversational interviews, also there were three people in the room but only one person asked me questions so I just answered her while the other two stared at me :bored:lol. I liked the tour of the school, we got to walk around a lot, it isn't as pretty or rennovated as other vet schools but it does have solid programs. I hope I get in! LOL the first thing I did when I was done was watch the TWD episode :happy:
Once the budget situation thing gets figured out, the school does have a lot of renovations in mind. Besides the classrooms, our library is scheduled for renovations. A chunk of our hospital is being renovated now (but is at a standstill because of the budget!), and there are plans to further modernize the spaces. I agree that it is a bit outdated but it's not being swept under the rug.

Oh I'm not leaving until tomorrow and I'm glad I stayed... I tried out the recommendation and Black Dog was amazing.

Thanks to everyone that helped host us today. It was a pleasant experience and I hope to return in a few months.
mmm I could go for some black dog right now!! Go to Golden Harbor tomorow! Yum

mine was 10-15 minutes long....they were super nice which made me feel relaxed. I would agree that some of the questions were odd and threw me off guard. WAITING GAME NOW.

Thanks to everyone who helped today! It was a little hectic with all of us in there at the same time but everyone did an admirable job. Would be so excited to be an Illini. I felt the interview went really well, I like the format with an active faculty member, student, an alumni. They were all able to give good insights on questions that I had. The waiting will be stressful, but what's a few more days, right? Good luck the rest of the way everyone!

I set up a count down on my phone for the 26th and the first of March. Cause I love me some count downs.

I felt like the interview went well!! But afraid to get my hopes up!! My interview team was really personable and I enjoyed talking with them. :) I will be checking that mailbox religiously!!!

The school was a little old but for me it made me feel more homey and comfortable, more welcomed. I thought everyone was very very nice and great to talk to. I would love to join the school if offered. I wish everyone the best of luck! The countdown begins!

Typical UofI :) did he say the earliest they would start sending them out was this Friday and the latest was the following friday?

Does anyone know how scholarships work for Illinois?? Do students generally get some sort of scholarship? If so, what is the typical amount/is it for all four years? Also, do you find out if you were awarded one before April 15th?

Typical UofI :) did he say the earliest they would start sending them out was this Friday and the latest was the following friday?
Ahhh I hope they start sending them this coming Friday that be awesome!

I definitely enjoyed the school. I liked the relaxed feel of it. Ohio was great too... if I get accepted, this will be a hard decision.
Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know how scholarships work for Illinois?? Do students generally get some sort of scholarship? If so, what is the typical amount/is it for all four years? Also, do you find out if you were awarded one before April 15th?
There are a ton of scholarship opportunities that you can apply for every year. You have to apply every year as far as I know. They vary from a few hundred dollars to entire instate tuition. I've never been successful to get any, so I don't know when they're awarded.

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday! I hope I didn't scare anyone off. I was the weird second year with the mouse hat. Hope you hear soon!

All I remember him saying is that the 26th is the absolute last day they would send letters. He made it sound like they were sending all the letters all at once.

Did you get this number from someone in the office?
I'm preeetttyyyy sure it's unreasonable to think that it would be 129 IS. I'd have to look it up, but there's definitely a larger split of IS to OOS than that for a class size of 130 this year (per the dean). I'm feeling lazy though, so you'll have to look up the expected ratio for this year. :shrug:

I'm preeetttyyyy sure it's unreasonable to think that it would be 129 IS. I'd have to look it up, but there's definitely a larger split of IS to OOS than that for a class size of 130 this year (per the dean). I'm feeling lazy though, so you'll have to look up the expected ratio for this year. :shrug:
I can't believe I remember this from the weekend but they said 60 OOS and 70 IS. And they also said they'd offer 120 OOS invites and 85 IS with the assumption of a fair amount of people declining their spots.