University of Incarnate Word-BMS-2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are two interviews this week? Phone interviews or in person..?

Yea two days this week. In person I guess as they included the address.

Oh my apologies. I guess I misunderstood the email.

I thought the same as you until the 25th filled up and they sent another email with the 17th and 19th.

Members don't see this ad.

I was told over the phone that not everyone requires an interview. Kelly also told me Skype interviews would suffice for those not in the area.

For those that had an interview today, what kind of questions did they ask? Were they relevant to the application or more about getting to know you as a person rather than asking about your academics?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them yesterday and they will notify everyone by the end of June :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those that had an interview today, what kind of questions did they ask? Were they relevant to the application or more about getting to know you as a person rather than asking about your academics?

Curious about this as well!

I emailed them yesterday and they will notify everyone by the end of June :(

This is because they just extended the application deadline to June.... says so on their website

They don't start till 2, I'll let you know when I have mine.

Reactions: 2 users
They asked questions about
- what do you anticipate will be the hardest course?
- what would you do if you caught someone cheating?
- have you taken the mcat / how did prepare?
- how do you foresee this program helping you get where you want to be?
- a question about leadership/team skills

They asked questions about
- what do you anticipate will be the hardest course?
- what would you do if you caught someone cheating?
- have you taken the mcat / how did prepare?
- how do you foresee this program helping you get where you want to be?
- a question about leadership/team skills

Thanks. Who interviewed you?

the 25th cant come soon enough! hopefully we get decisions back soon!

I just received my acceptance email

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

Can I ask you when you interviewed? And what your stats are, if you don't mind sharing. :)

Did you apply and interview at the UIW medical school at all?

I haven't been notified for an interview, but I did apply/interview for the medical school last fall. So I'm wondering if they will substitute that interview for the MBS

Did you apply and interview at the UIW medical school at all?

I haven't been notified for an interview, but I did apply/interview for the medical school last fall. So I'm wondering if they will substitute that interview for the MBS

I applied but did not interview

I was accepted yesterday but will be turning it down. I was also accepted into the UNTHSC MS Medical Science in Fort Worth which started yesterday. Hope one of you gets my spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

I was accepted yesterday but will be turning it down. I was also accepted into the UNTHSC MS Medical Science in Fort Worth which started yesterday. Hope one of you gets my spot.

Congrats either way! Did you interview for the BMS program?

Hope there will be lots of movement now since it's after May 15th.

Congrats either way! Did you interview for the BMS program?

No, I didn't interview for the MSBS. I did interview for the DO school and am on the wait list still. I never received the email about automatic admission to MSBS either. I applied to the MSBS in December and then to the DO program in February.

Has anyone heard anything?
Not yet. I had my interview on the 25th and they told me in 2-3 weeks they'll let me know. Although, I don't feel I did so well in the interview :(

I'll most likely be withdrawing my acceptance. Hope one of you guys get the spot! I loved UIW from my interview in December and know I'd be very very happy there.

I called UIW and removed myself from the MBS program almost two weeks ago and spoke with someone again about it last week. I received an email today saying welcome to UIW and it gave me a student email address. Did anyone else get this email? I am still on the waitlist for the DO program, but am wondering if I still havnt been completely removed from the MBS program.

I called UIW and removed myself from the MBS program almost two weeks ago and spoke with someone again about it last week. I received an email today saying welcome to UIW and it gave me a student email address. Did anyone else get this email? I am still on the waitlist for the DO program, but am wondering if I still havnt been completely removed from the MBS program.
I withdrew as well and got the email today also

Anyone looking for a roommate? Accepted a couple days ago.

Has anyone been accepted or heard back? I interviewed on the 25th, and haven't heard anything. Told that a decision would be made in 2 weeks.

Really discouraged....

I just got accepted today

Has anyone been accepted or heard back? I interviewed on the 25th, and haven't heard anything. Told that a decision would be made in 2 weeks.

Really discouraged....
I just got off the phone with the staff from the program and they informed me the admissions committee might take awhile longer to make final decisions since they have been receiving new applications from students due to the deadline extension. They said they're reviewing both new applications and interviewing new applicants with those who were interviewed last month and submitted their applications before the original deadline.

I just got off the phone with the staff from the program and they informed me the admissions committee might take awhile longer to make final decisions since they have been receiving new applications from students due to the deadline extension. They said they're reviewing both new applications and interviewing new applicants with those who were interviewed last month and submitted their applications before the original deadline.

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get accepted here? Still haven't heard back. Feeling discouraged...

How'd it go? Any idea when you'd hear back?
IT was really laid back and they asked basic interview questions.
The said it will take a couple of weeks.... don't really know what that means so I'm hoping to that's like 2 weeks max

Just got my acceptance on Friday. For those that are waiting, stay patient!

Is there a FB group for those who've been accepted?

Accepted!

I'm looking for an apartment close to campus, anyone want to room?

I am a female, non-smoker, no pets and looking for the same qualifications :)

Accepted!

I'm looking for an apartment close to campus, anyone want to room?

I am a female, non-smoker, no pets and looking for the same qualifications :)

congrats. I signed at the landings it was the best one I liked in my price range.

looks like a FB page was created by the admins, they're currently adding everyone to it.

Does anyone know when summer 2018 semester ends for the MBS program?