University of Minnesota c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the information session this weekend, we were told that phone calls for acceptances would be on Wednesday and Thursday. Rejected applicants will receive an e-mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many IS interviews they offered?

They don’t officially say, but I estimated about 30 people interviewing on my day, and there are three IS interview days so my best guess is about 90?

Reactions: 1 user
They don’t officially say, but I estimated about 30 people interviewing on my day, and there are three IS interview days so my best guess is about 90?
Cool! Anyone know about OOS interview numbers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you all think today is the day?

Drinking coffee was a bad idea this morning. I shoulda just let my nerves keep me awake lol

Same here, it’s tough! Best of luck to you, I hope it’s good news for us both

Yes good luck to you too! We’re almost there! My work called me to tell me not to come in because there’s a huge snow storm here, and I almost lost it thinking it was them calling

Yes good luck to you too! We’re almost there! My work called me to tell me not to come in because there’s a huge snow storm here, and I almost lost it thinking it was them calling
Ya'll keep posting on here and freaking me out - I keep thinking that people are starting to get calls

Reactions: 4 users
IS Acceptance call!
Had the 1/31 interview at 9:30am and last name starts with a B if anyone is trying to figure out order that they're calling!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance!

O
O
S

ACCCCCEPTED :airhorn airhorn airhornnn:

MY TOP CHOICE. AHHHH. WHAT. AHHHH. THIS WAS MY WILDEST DREAM. AHHH.

OOS Accepted! 1/16 morning interview

OOS ACCEPTED! Yee-haw!

Does anyone know what the deal with in state tuition is for oos students? They wouldn’t say when I was there.

Does anyone know what the deal with in state tuition is for oos students? They wouldn’t say when I was there.

It’s really really difficult to get. They said you have to prove that you moved to Minnesota for a reason other than school.

OOS accepted!! One of my top choices ahhhh!!!

I missed a call from a Minnesota number! Will they email us today if we missed it?!

It’s really really difficult to get. They said you have to prove that you moved to Minnesota for a reason other than school.[/QU
I’m guessing you have to show you were going to move there anyway. If it’s anything like UT, the two ways OOS can get IS tuition is by marrying someone who lives there, or by being a dependent on your parent’s taxes if they were to move there too.

I missed a call from a Minnesota number! Will they email us today if we missed it?!

Yes in my phone call they said they would send an email today with instructions to accept or decline!

IS acceptance! It was the last school I was waiting to hear from. Now time to make decisions

For those of you that got acceptance calls, was it a 612 area code?

I missed a call at 11:06pst from an unknown number.......hope it’s them!!

I got the OOS acceptance call about 15 minutes ago but spent this whole time crying, I am so happy!!!! This is my dream school!!!!

IS acceptance! It was the last school I was waiting to hear from. Now time to make decisions
I'm struggling with that too! Options are a good problem to have I guess but still tough

They told me when they called that they would follow up with an email this afternoon!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all of you! You've made it!

OOS (although originally from Minnesota) accepted!!!

OOS (although originally from Minnesota) accepted!!!
Congrats!! Did they just call? trying to figure out if they are still calling lolIm already in my in state but I LOVED Minnesota!

Congrats!! Did they just call? trying to figure out if they are still calling lolIm already in my in state but I LOVED Minnesota!

Thanks, so thrilled! I got the voicemail about an hour ago so they might still be working through the list.

If it helps, I'm one of the first letters in the alphabet for last name

I think it was close to 4pm that emails went out last year (or at least that's when I got my waitlist email, but I think it all went out at the same time)

I think it was close to 4pm that emails went out last year (or at least that's when I got my waitlist email, but I think it all went out at the same time)
Do you know roughly how many seats OOS waitlist moves and did they give you your position right away on the list last year?