You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Minnesota Fall 2017 admission
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! I just got my interview email today, I'm so excited/nervous also. Let me know how yours goes!I'm interviewing at the U this weekend and am pretty excited/nervous. The one-on-one style for 45 minutes is slightly nerve-wracking. Any tips on what questions they might ask and what sort of questions to ask them?
Thanks!
I *think* it went awesome! My interviewer was so nice and it was really just a casual conversation about how much I love pharmacy. Good luck with yours!Congrats!! I just got my interview email today, I'm so excited/nervous also. Let me know how yours goes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted it on Nov 2nd and got the invite on Nov 4th
Holy smokes that was super fast!!!
May i ask how long it took for you to receive your supplementals after you submitted your Pharmcas application?
It went amazing for me. 110 interviewed, 19% of spots filled.How did your interviews go guys? I was wondering did they tell you guys how may seats have already been filled and how many interviews they've had already?
Got accepted with an OOS scholarship! Now I'm so torn between UMN and another school...
Oh man! How exciting!! Congrats!! UMN is my first choice!! What were your stats and pharmacy experience like?Got accepted with an OOS scholarship! Now I'm so torn between UMN and another school...
I interviewed on Nov. 4th.
My undergrad GPA is 3.7 overall, biochemistry major, science GPA 3.55, 97th percentile overall PCAT. I worked in a pharmacy in high school (not in college), shadowed some retail and clinical pharmacists, and have been doing research throughout college and until now.
How about you, opie337? And are you a MN or WI resident, just out of curiosity? And I hope you'll get into your first choice!!! Go Gophers!
My undergrad GPA is 3.7 overall, biochemistry major, science GPA 3.55, 97th percentile overall PCAT. I worked in a pharmacy in high school (not in college), shadowed some retail and clinical pharmacists, and have been doing research throughout college and until now.
How about you, opie337? And are you a MN or WI resident, just out of curiosity? And I hope you'll get into your first choice!!! Go Gophers!
I'm a MN resident now, but went to high school in WI. Did my undergrad at UMN. But I'm a non traditional student, child psych degree, speech language hearing science minor and was pre-OT. Worked in retail since 16, so 9 years. 2 of which I was the team lead in the pharmacy. Lots of leadership in high school. Decent amount of volunteering at nursing homes and at schools. Overall GPA was like 3.3, science like 3.5 and 68 PCAT. Pretty average academic stats. Did some shadowing in an infusion chemo pharmacy and some informational interviews while preparing for my app. I interviewed on Nov 18th and it went really great!! I'm hoping that all of the other stuff makes up for my academics.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a MN resident now, but went to high school in WI. Did my undergrad at UMN. But I'm a non traditional student, child psych degree, speech language hearing science minor and was pre-OT. Worked in retail since 16, so 9 years. 2 of which I was the team lead in the pharmacy. Lots of leadership in high school. Decent amount of volunteering at nursing homes and at schools. Overall GPA was like 3.3, science like 3.5 and 68 PCAT. Pretty average academic stats. Did some shadowing in an infusion chemo pharmacy and some informational interviews while preparing for my app. I interviewed on Nov 18th and it went really great!! I'm hoping that all of the other stuff makes up for my academics.
Last edited:
Got accepted with an OOS scholarship! Now I'm so torn between UMN and another school...
Congrats on the being accepted and the OOS scholarship! Did you receive a package via snail mail or was this included in the email? Also, where are you from? (if you don't mind me asking!)
The waiting is killing me!! Did you find out on the day they said they would notify you by it earlier? I got accepted to Concordia this week, so it's a relief to know that I'll be in pharmacy school, but the U is my first choice. I interviewed on 11/18 and they said they would email by Dec 9th.
Good luck everyone!
Did they respond by the date they said?They said the response could come earliest on the Wednesday before thanksgiving or latest on 11/28. I interviewed on 11/4.
They actually responded on that Wednesday!Did they respond by the date they said?
The waiting is killing me!! Did you find out on the day they said they would notify you by it earlier? I got accepted to Concordia this week, so it's a relief to know that I'll be in pharmacy school, but the U is my first choice. I interviewed on 11/18 and they said they would email by Dec 9th.
Congrats on being accepted at Concordia. Looks like we still have a week to wait. Interviewed the same day as you. Good luck!
Accepted!! 🙂
Twin citiesMe too, Duluth tho You?
Hey congratulations, aforetime, opie337 and Selamselam!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, ow long did pharmacas take to verify your transcripts?
It took 8 days for me - I submitted my PharmCAS application on 10/05, and it was verified on 10/13. I think that was partly because my transcripts were all received by 08/01, though.
I got accepted to the program as well. seems like it will be a fun ride. my interviewer was a tough one
not laid back. questions are pretty in depth related to my personal statement.
not laid back. questions are pretty in depth related to my personal statement.
When I interview on Dec 9. there is total 120 interview and 38% seat filled.Hey guys, would you mind giving an update on where the U is with how many seats have been filled and how many interviews they've had? thanks you!
Just got an invitation for interview!!
Just got an invitation for interview!!
I did too! Which campus will you be interviewing at?
Duluth! Hoped for TC but oh well, since there's no influence on the decision itself, I'd just check out what Duluth is like as wellI did too! Which campus will you be interviewing at?
I can't get to the Duluth campus, so I had to reschedule for the 27th at Twin Cities. Good luck to you!Duluth! Hoped for TC but oh well, since there's no influence on the decision itself, I'd just check out what Duluth is like as well
Good luck to you too!I can't get to the Duluth campus, so I had to reschedule for the 27th at Twin Cities. Good luck to you!
It maybe different for each batch of interview. For my batch they do partial open. Meaning. Only personal and supplimental essay are known to them. No pcat or gpa provideHey guys, my interview is coming up and I just wanted to know if interviews were open or closed? Do they have any idea of who you are or are they just looking at your information for the first time?
OP here, for some reason I had to make a new account. My interview was the same way. My interviewer had read my personal statement and spent most of the time asking questions about that. Then they had some questions that they have to ask everyone that related to the field of pharmacy as a whole and the U. Everyone who interviewed that day said there interviewer was very personable. I interviewed 11/4 and was accepted the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know how many seats have been taken? I have a friend interviewing in a few weeks.Hey guys, my interview is coming up and I just wanted to know if interviews were open or closed? Do they have any idea of who you are or are they just looking at your information for the first time?
My friend interviewed 2 weeks ago and say it is 52% filled when she interview.OP here, for some reason I had to make a new account. My interview was the same way. My interviewer had read my personal statement and spent most of the time asking questions about that. Then they had some questions that they have to ask everyone that related to the field of pharmacy as a whole and the U. Everyone who interviewed that day said there interviewer was very personable. I interviewed 11/4 and was accepted the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know how many seats have been taken? I have a friend interviewing in a few weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone hear back from 1/20 interview?
Joining the party here, I interviewed on 2/3, and the stats were the same (52% full). It sounded as though that's where it's been for awhile, but that should be changing in the next couple of weeks. I am supposed to hear back by 2/24.
Bad news for those of us wanting to go to the Twin Cities campus: they already have a holding pool started because more people have been accepted with that preference than have students wanting Duluth. 🙁
Bad news for those of us wanting to go to the Twin Cities campus: they already have a holding pool started because more people have been accepted with that preference than have students wanting Duluth. 🙁
I think it's best to wait because the interview on 1/20 was likely the first interview for the Spring as their Spring semester probably started that week.
Edit: Did not see earlier the post that mentioned there was a 1/13 interview. Man that'd be unfortunate if there's a holding pool already -.-
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile
Edit: Did not see earlier the post that mentioned there was a 1/13 interview. Man that'd be unfortunate if there's a holding pool already -.-
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile
Last edited:
I think it's best to wait because the interview on 1/20 was likely the first interview for the Spring as their Spring semester probably started that week.
Edit: Did not see earlier the post that mentioned there was a 1/13 interview. Man that'd be unfortunate if there's a holding pool already -.-
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 6K