University of Minnesota Fall 2017 admission

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by McAwesome813, Nov 1, 2016.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. mhk030

mhk030 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congratulations!! I was wondering, what time did you receive the email?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nufsi

nufsi

Pre-Pharmacy
    Is there anybody who has been invited for the upcoming interview?

4. Zihieinig

Zihieinig

Pre-Pharmacy
    got the email around 6pm last night

5. maddyth

maddyth

Pre-Pharmacy
    hey guys! I interviewed on 1/19 and got an email saying that I was placed in a holding pool because Twin Cities has no more open spots. Does anyone know how many people are in this pool? She said there are people from Jan 13th and Jan 19th interviews in the pool but did not say how many actual people/what my spot in line is.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  6. magpie08

magpie08

Pre-Pharmacy
    I don't think they'll tell us how many people are in it. I did ask how/in what order you get out of the holding pool, and they said it is random. Just hope that lots of people are offered spots at Duluth. For every person that gets a spot at Duluth, another person will get out of the holding pool. :/

maddyth likes this.
  7. maddyth

maddyth

Pre-Pharmacy
    so does that mean that there technically are spots left at the Twin Cities campus but it's just not proportional to the amount of spots left at Duluth? or are all of the seats actually already filled? also can people that are still interviewing get an acceptance while there are people in the holding pool, or if you get "accepted" do you automatically go into the holding pool now? sorry lots of questions haha the email was very vague

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  8. magpie08

magpie08

Pre-Pharmacy
    No worries, it is pretty confusing, and I think my interview day was the first time they actually explained this whole thing to interviewees.

Yes, there are still spots left (I am guessing there are still about 30% of spots available) in the Twin Cities, but because they fill the programs proportionally, there is now a holding pool for the Twin Cities, meaning more of the students who have been offered admission picked that campus than Duluth. So also yes, people are still being accepted to the Twin Cities campus, but they are automatically going into the holding pool until Duluth fills proportionally. I think they are trying to encourage people to be open to both campuses from here on out so that Duluth will start to fill up.

maddyth likes this.
  9. mhk030

mhk030 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was wondering, if anyone knows.....if your admitted and placed in the holding pool do you pay the deposit at the time your placed in the holding pool? Or do you pay the deposit when you actually get a seat?

10. maddyth

maddyth

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm assuming you wait until you are actually offered a seat. When they emailed me saying that I was in the holding pool, they didn't mention anything about making a deposit, they just said that they would send out more info in a couple weeks!

11. KellyUW

KellyUW

Pre-Pharmacy
    Anyone heard back from the 1/27 interview yet?? I am also worried about this whole holding pool deal. Just read some other comments..so in theory if people who interviewed 1/27 get offered a spot at Duluth, people who were in the pool from previous interviews can get pulled out? so hopefully the pool is not dramatically growing in size

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM
  12. Jssgarden

Jssgarden

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering if any of you who got accepted to the Duluth campus decide to go there? Anyone from CA?

13. mhk030

mhk030 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

I havent heard anything yet. I am worried about the holding pool too. They mentioned it during the interview day, but they didn't really emphasize it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM
    KellyUW likes this.
  14. KellyUW

KellyUW

Pre-Pharmacy
    hopefully we hear back by tomorrow! i guess best case scenario we get put into the holding pool

mhk030 likes this.
  15. mhk030

mhk030 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yes! Keep our fingers crossed and stay positive! :)

KellyUW likes this.
  16. mhk030

mhk030 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have been placed in the holding pool! Not thrilled about that, but I am thrilled about "being an excellent addition to the program!" It says we have to wait until March 3rd for an update regarding the status of the holding pool.

17. KellyUW

KellyUW

Pre-Pharmacy
    Same here! Is there anyone from the 1/19 holding pool Who has been pulled out yet?

18. maddyth

maddyth

Pre-Pharmacy
    I haven't yet :/ we are supposed to get more info on Friday so maybe they will let us know how many people are actually in it?

19. maddyth

maddyth

Pre-Pharmacy
    For anyone who is wondering, just got an email and there are currently 29 people in the holding pool. 10 from 1/19, 8 from 1/20, 4 from 1/27 and then 7 from 1/31 +2/3. All of the people from 1/13 have been offered spots, so that's good! It goes chronologically by interview date and then is randomized within that day.

magpie08 likes this.
  20. magpie08

magpie08

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got in too! I am also in the Twin Cities holding pool. In my email it said there are 29 people in it and that people will be pulled out in order of their interview dates, but those from the same interview dates will be in a random order:

• January 19 (10 applicants)
    • January 20 (8 applicants)
    • January 27 (4 applicants)
    • January 31/February 3 (7 applicants)

Here's hoping we all make it out of the holding pool and officially into the program!

maddyth likes this.

About the ads