University of Southern Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't worry lummys. I did called him several weeks ago, (1-2 weeks ago). He did tell me to call him back on May. But I just received his call today. I guess because today is the deadline for UCSF, UCSD. Many movement will happen since today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the MAGIC call..........I am accepted..I was interviewed on March 17 th and thought it was horrible....I had no hope they would call me..However, Utah only has open spots, Nevada has a waiting list...So, I guess I am going to Utah....Keep praying all of you who are waiting...I prayed a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats you all!

wow, so Dr. DeYoung already had the waitling list for Nevada...

Congrats you all!

wow, so Dr. DeYoung already had the waitling list for Nevada...
Yeah , as we see many people are getting accepted so now the list went down to waiting list only.
:xf:Lymmys I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us.:xf:

Yeah , as we see many people are getting accepted so now the list went down to waiting list only.
:xf:Lymmys I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us.:xf:
Everything happens for a reason :xf:

don't forget to keep your fingers cross for me too! I may not say much, but I really am sitting here very anxiously and waiting for good news.

don't forget to keep your fingers cross for me too! I may not say much, but I really am sitting here very anxiously and waiting for good news.
:welcome: surely :xf:

hehe, we should form a hugging team while waiting :laugh:

Me too. I am REALLY nervous now since everyone keeps getting accepted

got a call from him today, I was offered to Utah campus, and seriously I don't know where the hell it is, I got waitlisted to Nevada

I don't know what I should do,
I should have asked him the chance for me to get into Nevada campus, hmm

I received a call from Dr. Deyoung earlier today, also.
Utah is the only campus that is open right now. Henderson campus is already full.
Best of luck to those who are still waiting!!!
Interview 3/31---Accepted 4/10

got a call from him today, I was offered to Utah campus, and seriously I don't know where the hell it is, I got waitlisted to Nevada

I don't know what I should do,
I should have asked him the chance for me to get into Nevada campus, hmm

Oh. So you don't want go Touro?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh. So you don't want go Touro?

I want to go to Touro, but going to Nevada is also my first choice, just because of personal reason,

if I don't get into Nevada campus, then I am happy to study in Touro, leave the spot in Utah for someone who needs it

hey guys i am accepted hurrayy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i was interviewed end of jan it was a long waiting and finally a good news.I am currently accepted in to utah campus hope and waitlisted for nevada campus:):):)

Hi, everybdy
I got accepted to USN. I got a call from Dr.Deyoung last week. I am very happy, but confused about the campus. Please, anyone would you tell me which campus(based on teaching, faculty and coast of living) should I choose? Or can anyone who got accepted, which campus you have choosen and why? So I have some ideas in choosing campus.

I'm waiting, anxious and worried. Can't seem to take my mind of this...

Was just rejected. This was the only school I would have chosen over UB. I wish they took letters of rec or pcat scores because those were my two strongest points.

I'm surprised that they already sent the rejection. However, it's good that you already get accepted somewhere else. Finally we're all pharm D. no matter where we go. GL

huh? so they send reject letter through mail? email?

fingers cross...... :(

I was notified via email

:)
Thanks Hendlefe, when did you receive it?
I got rejection email today too!! Very sad, if I had to chose between the school I got accepted and this, I would have prefered this one. But I remember Lymmys you said that "everything happens for a reason".
I will still pray that you get in to the program at USN this year!Good luck to everyone, Hurray! I will be a pharmacist in 2013 anyways.

Sorry to ask...but:(

Guys who got a rejection email, did you guys have interview at USN?

yup we all interviewed , and I know I did really really really bad on my interview. it didn't last long. They asked me if I would turn my friend in if he cheated and I said no I will warn him and the second time he cheat I will turn him in. You should say yea you will turn him in on the first time he cheat. even if your dad cheat turn him in. thats the way the question should be answered.

:)
I got rejection email today too!! Very sad, if I had to chose between the school I got accepted and this, I would have prefered this one. But I remember Lymmys you said that "everything happens for a reason".
I will still pray that you get in to the program at USN this year!Good luck to everyone, Hurray! I will be a pharmacist in 2013 anyways.
Thank you so much prayosha. Keeping my fingers cross! I hope to see you around this forum when you have spare time. And yes, you'll be a PharmD student Fall 2009, yeahhhh :clap: :love:

yup we all interviewed , and I know I did really really really bad on my interview. it didn't last long. They asked me if I would turn my friend in if he cheated and I said no I will warn him and the second time he cheat I will turn him in. You should say yea you will turn him in on the first time he cheat. even if your dad cheat turn him in. thats the way the question should be answered.

Um, I would have told my friend that I saw him cheat and that he should turn himself in because it would look better on him if he were the one to own-up to his mistakes. I wouldn't want to turn him in, but I would have to strive to do the 'right' thing. Plus, I would put myself in the patient's point of view. I would NOT want a pharmacist that cheated his/her way through pharmacy school. I would want a pharmacist that was competent, and cheating will not make anyone competent. Besides, I wouldn't trust any professional that cheated in professional/grad school(lawyers, doctors, nurses, etc). So it's not only about moral/ethical implications, but it is also about the welfare of future patients.

Do you guys choose either campuses on your application?

Thank you so much prayosha. Keeping my fingers cross! I hope to see you around this forum when you have spare time. And yes, you'll be a PharmD student Fall 2009, yeahhhh :clap: :love:
Lymmys do you choose either campuses on your application? I'am asking because i'am still waiting for an answer from USN. I saw that their send the rejection letter already. I choose either campuses on my application:confused:

I don't remember. I think I only chose Henderson

Lymmys do you choose either campuses on your application? I'am asking because i'am still waiting for an answer from USN. I saw that their send the rejection letter already. I choose either campuses on my application:confused:
I chose either campuses, I am out of state and if I have to move why not to any of the campuse, its not gonna make any difference for me right!

You Welcome Lymmys, good luck.

I did really good in my interview, the student and the professor who were interviewing me looked very impressed infact the student said it couple of the times "impressive, you have lots of experience, etc.." plus my interview last very long, they all asked me almost 8 questions each and I answered them all. They asked me the same question and I said I iwll turn my friend in because of moral and ethical reasons, also patient care etc.
But oh well... nothing helped, it's just the LUCK. I don't see any reason for them to reject me! But yeah i am rejected so it must be God's wish that I don't attend this school.

I struggled with the friend question. I wanted to say that I would turn in my best friend but I couldn't bring myself to lie in the interview. And it would be a lie. I wonder how many people would actually turn in their best friend if they found themselves in that situation. Anyway, I ended up saying that I would try to convince my friend to do the right thing.

Hi everyone, I'm new here...

I just got a notice that I rank among the top 30 candidates on the wait list for Utah campus and between 31-60 for the candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus.

It seems the Nevada campus is full... thats a bummer cuz I live in Vegas =(

Hi everyone, I'm new here...

I just got a notice that I rank among the top 30 candidates on the wait list for Utah campus and between 31-60 for the candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus.

It seems the Nevada campus is full... thats a bummer cuz I live in Vegas =(

Hi, Ramzy.
How did you get to know your rank?
Were you admitted today?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know that if I already finished all of the pre req of USN, do I need to send my transcript of Spring semester and graduate? I just intend to cancel my graduation in summer to save some money.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Ramzy.
How did you get to know your rank?
Were you admitted today?

Yeah I just got the letter today and this is what it said:

.... "Thank you for participating in the admissions process for the Pharm.D. Program at the University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy Class of 2012. All positions in the class at this time have been filled. However, you currently rank among the top 30 candidates on the wait list for the Utah campus and between 31-60 for the candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus. While there are no guarantees, experience from previous admission cycles indicates that many students who ranked this high on the wait list eventually received an offer of admission. Please understand that many offers of admission are still pending so it is too early in the process for the Admissions Office to precisely estimate a candidate's position on the wait list. Therefore, the Admissions Office is unable to provide you with a specific rank at this time. We hope to be able to give you a better estimate of your rank on the wait list after June 1st." ...

Yeah I just got the letter today and this is what it said:

.... "Thank you for participating in the admissions process for the Pharm.D. Program at the University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy Class of 2012. All positions in the class at this time have been filled. However, you currently rank among the top 30 candidates on the wait list for the Utah campus and between 31-60 for the candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus. While there are no guarantees, experience from previous admission cycles indicates that many students who ranked this high on the wait list eventually received an offer of admission. Please understand that many offers of admission are still pending so it is too early in the process for the Admissions Office to precisely estimate a candidate's position on the wait list. Therefore, the Admissions Office is unable to provide you with a specific rank at this time. We hope to be able to give you a better estimate of your rank on the wait list after June 1st." ...

Thanks, Ramzy!
Did you get this by mail or email?
Anyway, good luck:)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know that if I already finished all of the pre req of USN, do I need to send my transcript of Spring semester and graduate? I just intend to cancel my graduation in summer to save some money.

Thanks in advance.

When I got an acceptance call from Dr. Deyoung, he told me NOT to send anymore transcripts because I have all my pre-requisites done. However, I would not be recieving a Bachelor's anyway (my expected grad date was Spring 2010). You may want to call him again to make sure because they might have awarded you extra points during the application process because you were expected to have a degree before you entered into the Fall 2009 class. Not sure though....:confused:

Thanks, Ramzy!
Did you get this by mail or email?
Anyway, good luck:)

I got it by mail with a few forms (financial aid, identity, ...) for acceptance and one form to fill out for a rejection.

gl to you too

... Utah is gona be cold :(

This is a question for current USN pharmacy students.

Is it hard/stressful to constantly obtain 90% on all the exams?

How many people have dropped out/kicked out of the pharmacy program?

This is a question for current USN pharmacy students.

Is it hard/stressful to constantly obtain 90% on all the exams?

How many people have dropped out/kicked out of the pharmacy program?

My brother is currently in his third and final year in USN and is graduating in June of this year. I will say that yes it does require a lot of studying time especially during the second year. I can't say anything about how hard or stressful it is to obtain 90%; however, you do have another chance of taking the exam again on Monday after Friday and another time in the summer if you fail it.

Many people drop for "personal reasons" out of the school and these numbers are not included in the passing rate in the brochure that they give you on your interview day (it's something like 98% I think I dont remember) so numbers do lie. I have heard of some of my brother's friends who dropped because it was plainly too hard and sadly of a suicide during the first year I think. I am not giving out any names as it is inappropriate and not trying to scare anyone... they say other factors may have been included.

So yes, it is hard... it's a 3 year pharmacy program! But they say the third year is the easiest... and I agree as I don't see my brother studying anymore... he's just playing video games and other useless stuff haha ;)

I received a package today. Wait list: Top 50 Nevada campus.

My brother is currently in his third and final year in USN and is graduating in June of this year. I will say that yes it does require a lot of studying time especially during the second year. I can't say anything about how hard or stressful it is to obtain 90%; however, you do have another chance of taking the exam again on Monday after Friday and another time in the summer if you fail it.

Many people drop for "personal reasons" out of the school and these numbers are not included in the passing rate in the brochure that they give you on your interview day (it's something like 98% I think I dont remember) so numbers do lie. I have heard of some of my brother's friends who dropped because it was plainly too hard and sadly of a suicide during the first year I think. I am not giving out any names as it is inappropriate and not trying to scare anyone... they say other factors may have been included.

So yes, it is hard... it's a 3 year pharmacy program! But they say the third year is the easiest... and I agree as I don't see my brother studying anymore... he's just playing video games and other useless stuff haha ;)
Suicide? I'm so scared now.

Yeah I even knew that person... he/she seemed so happy too... everyone was surprised...

Now, let's change topic :)

I know who you are talking about I live and work in Vegas we have interns who work at our store and one of the interns told me this story when it happened....that was her close friend