This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys get an on boarding email for a "NextSteps Webinar" for June9th?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if anyone is going to be at the Dallas campus for this fall 2020?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I applied for the inaugural DPT program at the Dallas campus before the deadline of May 15th. After some communication with my enrollment advisor, I learned that I was missing a prerequisite (an advanced psychology class) - she provided me with an online, self-paced class that I am now enrolled in. After providing proof on enrollment, she informed me that my Application was officially submitted on June 2nd. She noted to look out for a potential email in regards to an interview within the "next several days to couple of weeks". So far I have not heard anything, so I wanted to see if anyone else has heard back about an interview.

My stats -
University of South Carolina - Exercise Science Degree

3.2 pGPA (presumably will rise after I achieve an A in this psych class)
3.4 cGPA
GRE - 300 (152q , 148v, 4.5w)
About 90 Hours of volunteer service (mixture of out-patient / in-patient)

As an out-of-state student, I'm eager to know if I have a legitimate shot at this institution. Hope to hear some feedback!

Hi guys!

So I had applied for the San Marcos campus starting in the fall and was placed on the wait list since they have all the seats currently filled. They did mention that Dallas has openings and was offered to have my information sent to the enrollment advisor for that campus or stay on the wait list to see what happens. Obviously there is no guarantee that someone who is admitted will give up their spot, but I am on the fence on going to Dallas since it is out of state with not that much time to prepare for such a move. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Thank you for the feedback in advance!

Hey guys,

I applied for the inaugural DPT program at the Dallas campus before the deadline of May 15th. After some communication with my enrollment advisor, I learned that I was missing a prerequisite (an advanced psychology class) - she provided me with an online, self-paced class that I am now enrolled in. After providing proof on enrollment, she informed me that my Application was officially submitted on June 2nd. She noted to look out for a potential email in regards to an interview within the "next several days to couple of weeks". So far I have not heard anything, so I wanted to see if anyone else has heard back about an interview.

My stats -

3.4 cGPA

As an out-of-state student, I'm eager to know if I have a legitimate shot at this institution. Hope to hear some feedback!

Honestly I think you have a good shot at that institution! I'm around in the same ball park as you and was told that I have a strong application/file if I wanted to end up going to Dallas (I was wait listed since San Marcos has all of their spots filled).

Honestly I think you have a good shot at that institution! I'm around in the same ball park as you and was told that I have a strong application/file if I wanted to end up going to Dallas (I was wait listed since San Marcos has all of their spots filled).

It feels good to know that there are still seats available! Unfortunately I still haven’t heard back about an interview yet, but it’s only been 17 days since my application was “officially submitted”

Appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing what decision you make! Good luck

Hi guys!

So I had applied for the San Marcos campus starting in the fall and was placed on the wait list since they have all the seats currently filled. They did mention that Dallas has openings and was offered to have my information sent to the enrollment advisor for that campus or stay on the wait list to see what happens. Obviously there is no guarantee that someone who is admitted will give up their spot, but I am on the fence on going to Dallas since it is out of state with not that much time to prepare for such a move. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Hey,
I’m in the same spot and was given all those details back in April. I went ahead and decided to wait for San Marcos because it’s in state for me and would just make for an easier 3 yrs. I would’ve liked to start sooner but waiting ultimately made the most sense. I think you’ll have to weigh the pros and cons. But a move like that shouldn’t be impossible if you were to choose to do so. There’s still 2 months to the start date and then some.

Hey,
I’m in the same spot and was given all those details back in April. I went ahead and decided to wait for San Marcos because it’s in state for me and would just make for an easier 3 yrs. I would’ve liked to start sooner but waiting ultimately made the most sense. I think you’ll have to weigh the pros and cons. But a move like that shouldn’t be impossible if you were to choose to do so. There’s still 2 months to the start date and then some.
I hear you on that! San Marcos is also in state for me and about an hour away for me. Like you said I'll have to do some heavy weighing this weekend. Have you heard any updates about your position on the wait list?

Hi guys!

Were you applying for residential program or the flex? I only ask cause I have an interview for the flex for fall and I just wanted to know if that was already filled up.

I hear you on that! San Marcos is also in state for me and about an hour away for me. Like you said I'll have to do some heavy weighing this weekend. Have you heard any updates about your position on the wait list?
No updates here. They said I could find out anywhere close to the start date but that I’d be given enough time to move etc. I have a feeling I’ll be starting in January which I’m okay with... I’m happy to be accepted!

Were you applying for residential program or the flex? I only ask cause I have an interview for the flex for fall and I just wanted to know if that was already filled up.
I applied for the residential program. I am not to sure if the flex program is filled but nonetheless, good luck on your interview! It is one of the most chill interviews I have ever had!

No updates here. They said I could find out anywhere close to the start date but that I’d be given enough time to move etc. I have a feeling I’ll be starting in January which I’m okay with... I’m happy to be accepted!

I am happy too! They told me the same thing as well. I do wonder since COVID-19 cases are rising again if we will be put to an online format for the beginning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am happy too! They told me the same thing as well. I do wonder since COVID-19 cases are rising again if we will be put to an online format for the beginning.
I know when I interviewed they were leaning towards being open but agreed the rise in cases is showing us we might be quarantined again.

I know when I interviewed they were leaning towards being open but agreed the rise in cases is showing us we might be quarantined again.

It definitely seems like it is all up in the air right now. Last I checked the governor was saying it may be possible that we could go back into a shutdown again. Update on my application I also just emailed Brianna today indicating that I wish to stay on the San Marcos Wait list since it would be an easier transition for me. Hopefully I will see you in either the Fall or the Spring.

It definitely seems like it is all up in the air right now. Last I checked the governor was saying it may be possible that we could go back into a shutdown again. Update on my application I also just emailed Brianna today indicating that I wish to stay on the San Marcos Wait list since it would be an easier transition for me. Hopefully I will see you in either the Fall or the Spring.
Nice!! Hope to see you there as well! :)

Hi guys! I just got accepted for Spring 21 in San Marcos, does admission send login information so I can pay the deposit? I realized I only have the student ID number on the acceptance email! I wanna secure my spot :happy:

Hi guys! I just got accepted for Spring 21 in San Marcos, does admission send login information so I can pay the deposit? I realized I only have the student ID number on the acceptance email! I wanna secure my spot :happy:
Congrats! The log in information will be sent to you in a separate email. Then you can log in and pay your deposit :)

Hey guys,

My stats -

3.4 cGPA

Received an invitation for a virtual interview on July 17th (Dallas Fall 2020). Does anyone have any tips of advice before going into it? I’m going to prepare some questions but also want to be ready for any curveball questions.

Received an invitation for a virtual interview on July 17th (Dallas Fall 2020). Does anyone have any tips of advice before going into it? I’m going to prepare some questions but also want to be ready for any curveball questions.
They're going to ask if you do or don't like online or hybrid formats, even for residential. I believe this is to see if you will adapt to their program and COVID. Hint: Say you like it. :D

My interview was online and felt more like a Q&A session. It made me even more nervous because I couldn’t believe it was so simple haha. Mine asked “tell me a little about yourself”, “how do you handle stressful situations”, “why St.Augustine”, and then we had conversations that branched from that. My interviewer kept circling back to asking if we had any questions for her. So have some stuff prepared to ask them as well.

Congrats! I would have also been joining you but admissions placed me back on the Fall wait list. We will see what happens. But on a side note, is that Old Main in the background there! I went to ASU as well!

Congrats! I would have also been joining you but admissions placed me back on the Fall wait list. We will see what happens. But on a side note, is that Old Main in the background there! I went to ASU as well!
Hi!! Yes it is, go Devils!! Hopefully I'll see you in the spring in my cohort or as a fall cohort student! Best of luck, I feel that waitlist pain :p

Hi! I was recently accepted and offered a seat at for fall 2020 at the Dallas campus. I am a little nervous to accept because they are not fully accredited. I understand that we are able to sit for the boards still, but is there any other downsides to attending a program that is not yet accredited? I wanted to reach out and see what other people were thinking.

Hi! I was recently accepted and offered a seat at for fall 2020 at the Dallas campus. I am a little nervous to accept because they are not fully accredited. I understand that we are able to sit for the boards still, but is there any other downsides to attending a program that is not yet accredited? I wanted to reach out and see what other people were thinking.

Hi there,

Since the Dallas program is new, it is difficult to say. The downside I could think of is that the program may still be trying to work out the kinks that exists in almost every new program. Also the school may also be in the process of establishing its own culture. It may be funny, but think of this as going on a date with a new person. Lots of awkward moments but still has the possibility of being something great. Hope this analogy helps.

-Steven

does anyone know if the Next Steps Webinar is mandatory to attend?

Hi! I applied this summer to start for fall 2020. I was told I had a strong application and submitted my application July 18th and had an interview July 24. I haven’t heard a decision yet but received the onboarding cohort immersion day invitation. Does anyone know if that is any indication to whether I got in?? Or If it goes to all prospective applicants too?
any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Hii! I was accepted to my first choice DPT program last week, so I've withdrawn my admissions from USAHS! Hopefully it opens up a spot for anyone on the waitlist for the Fall 2020 DPT San Marcos cohort :) Wishing you all the best!

I know of 3 people who have been denied post interview.
That doesn't seem like very many. I'm sure there are though.
If anyone is planning on going to the Miami campus this fall where are you planning on living? currently looking at apts

Hi all, I will most likely be declining my Fall 2020 San Marcos spot. Hope this frees up a spot for one of you!

Hello everyone, applied September 15th for Summer term in the Miami campus for St.Augustine. Hoping to hear back from them soon.
My stats were:
3.5 pre-req gpa
3.3 Cum Gpa (Retook courses I did poorly on)
292 GRE
750 Observation hours - I work as a Tech at a rehab clinic so i've had experience with Neuro, Ortho and Geriatrics.

I have just about the same stats but with a 289 combined.. The advisor who called advised me to retake my GRE for a higher score or else I won't get offered an interview
Did your advisor tell u the same?
Did you end up getting an interview or acceptance?

Anybody going to st augustine, fl campus for spring 2021? If so like or reply!

How's everyone's first term going?? Is there any in-person class meetings happening? (specifically for San Marcos?) I asked some people during Summer term and it didn't seem like they had fully implemented the in-person lab protocols yet so I'm just curious :)

How's everyone's first term going?? Is there any in-person class meetings happening? (specifically for San Marcos?) I asked some people during Summer term and it didn't seem like they had fully implemented the in-person lab protocols yet so I'm just curious :)
Hey I'm in term 1 and this past Monday was our first time on campus for 2 in person labs. The school is still working out the kinks, but we are all just excited to be practicing techniques in person. Everyone has their PPE gear and we are being as sanitary as possible because if even one person catches Covid everything shuts down.

Hey I'm in term 1 and this past Monday was our first time on campus for 2 in person labs. The school is still working out the kinks, but we are all just excited to be practicing techniques in person. Everyone has their PPE gear and we are being as sanitary as possible because if even one person catches Covid everything shuts down.
Ooo good to know!! Hope you all are keeping safe, and hopefully my spring 21 cohort will be all good to come to campus as well!

Anybody going to st augustine, fl campus for spring 2021? If so like or reply!
Hi I am going to attend the summer cohort at St. Augustine. I was wondering how classes have been going at St. Augustine? Are the professors nice and how many times do you have to attend campus for labs? Do you know of any openings for rent or anyone that needs a roommate?

Hi I am going to attend the summer cohort at St. Augustine. I was wondering how classes have been going at St. Augustine? Are the professors nice and how many times do you have to attend campus for labs? Do you know of any openings for rent or anyone that needs a roommate?
Hey sorry for the late response been super busy with school. Classes have been going well online I actually do prefer the lectures to be online and we've slowly transitioned to meeting on campus 1x a week for labs. Going forward I'm sure you're aware that all labs will be in person and the lectures will stay online. Your first term professors are overall pretty chill except maybe 1 or 2 may give off sort of intimidating or rub off the wrong way. For the most part the teachers and faculty are there for you and you have to utilize everything that's offered to you in order to succeed. Definitely branch out, meet new people, your classmates, upper terms, and EXPLORE. Your success in the program is heavily reliant on how you study and my greatest advice is to make time to study with others. Group studying (with the right group) will only enhance your knowledge of the topic and make you a better student. Also a lot of students stay at these places (isla antigua, brisa, the landing, villas san marcos). You should have been invited to a facebook group page to connect with other students in your cohort and that's where you can find a roommate. There's also a roommate assigning website they should have sent you with a list of possible places to stay as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey sorry for the late response been super busy with school. Classes have been going well online I actually do prefer the lectures to be online and we've slowly transitioned to meeting on campus 1x a week for labs. Going forward I'm sure you're aware that all labs will be in person and the lectures will stay online. Your first term professors are overall pretty chill except maybe 1 or 2 may give off sort of intimidating or rub off the wrong way. For the most part the teachers and faculty are there for you and you have to utilize everything that's offered to you in order to succeed. Definitely branch out, meet new people, your classmates, upper terms, and EXPLORE. Your success in the program is heavily reliant on how you study and my greatest advice is to make time to study with others. Group studying (with the right group) will only enhance your knowledge of the topic and make you a better student. Also a lot of students stay at these places (isla antigua, brisa, the landing, villas san marcos). You should have been invited to a facebook group page to connect with other students in your cohort and that's where you can find a roommate. There's also a roommate assigning website they should have sent you with a list of possible places to stay as well.
Thank you for the info and good luck with your classes! Maybe I will see you sometime in the future on campus.

Hi Everyone!
I am not familiar with the application process for St Augustine.
I remember Brianna saying something about a waitlist is basically an acceptance but they just need to figure out where to put you??
I think I got waitlisted because I have to make an appointment with her to discuss other options (since the location I applied for is full this fall)
Does anyone know if the “other options” means other campuses for fall? Or could it possibly mean the next cohort for my preferred location?