This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just had an interview with the Miami Campus 2/27 and received my acceptance 3/9. The interviews are not intimidating at all, everyone is really nice and friendly even the interviewers. They'll give you information about the school then you'll interview and tour the building. In the interview they asked tell me about yourself, how you think your undergrad prepared you for PT school, what will you do to ensure you're successful in the program, and a situational question.. There are two students to an interview, just be yourself and make sure to answer the questions I felt like the other person I was being interviewed with was very quick to answer which gave me time to think of a well-rounded answer and clearly worked in my favor. Just do your best! 🙂


When did you submit the application?
 
My "advisor" submitted my application January 3rd, and I got the email for an interview January 27th.

Did you ever get a confirmation in the email that your advisor submitted your application to admissions? The person that did my phone review said I will be receiving a confirmation in my email once she submitted my application but I have not received anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email from my advisor confirming that she submitted my application but nothing else.

Also I would like to advise anyone who hasn't received anything yet to keep faith and be persistent. I advised HEAVILY by my advisor to not even submit my application because she felt my stats weren't typical of people who make it into the program, however I told her to submit application anyway and ended up getting an interview and now a seat.

You miss 100% of the chances you don't take so there's no harm in always trying!!!
 
I just had an interview with the Miami Campus 2/27 and received my acceptance 3/9. The interviews are not intimidating at all, everyone is really nice and friendly even the interviewers. They'll give you information about the school then you'll interview and tour the building. In the interview they asked tell me about yourself, how you think your undergrad prepared you for PT school, what will you do to ensure you're successful in the program, and a situational question.. There are two students to an interview, just be yourself and make sure to answer the questions I felt like the other person I was being interviewed with was very quick to answer which gave me time to think of a well-rounded answer and clearly worked in my favor. Just do your best! 🙂
Thank you so much!!
 
I got an email from my advisor confirming that she submitted my application but nothing else.

Also I would like to advise anyone who hasn't received anything yet to keep faith and be persistent. I advised HEAVILY by my advisor to not even submit my application because she felt my stats weren't typical of people who make it into the program, however I told her to submit application anyway and ended up getting an interview and now a seat.

You miss 100% of the chances you don't take so there's no harm in always trying!!!
What we're your stats if you don't mind me asking.
 
What we're your stats if you don't mind me asking.
my college gpa was a 3.5 but I did some retakes so ptcas calculates every grade which brought me down to like a 3.2
GRE was a 295
I had over 1,000 hrs as working as a tech and a few extracurriculars.
 
my college gpa was a 3.5 but I did some retakes so ptcas calculates every grade which brought me down to like a 3.2
GRE was a 295
I had over 1,000 hrs as working as a tech and a few extracurriculars.
That's very similar to what my stats are, but i only had a 290 gre
 
Submitted my app 1/15, interviewed on Tue 3/10, and I got accepted today Friday 3/13. Susan said on 3/10 they had currently accepted 20 students. Deposits are currently due April 14th. I’m open to DMs if you have any questions!
 
Submitted my app 1/15, interviewed on Tue 3/10, and I got accepted today Friday 3/13. Susan said on 3/10 they had currently accepted 20 students. Deposits are currently due April 14th. I’m open to DMs if you have any questions!
Congrats ! Which campus?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those not from CA & got accepted, how are y'all planning your move with this coronavirus?
and with California on lockdown stay-at-home order? and airports starting to close?
 
So I’m supposed to interview in Austin on April 10th. But where I’m from (Louisiana) just put on a statewide shelter-in-place until April 13th. Do you think they would be okay with me asking to do a virtual interview that day or trying to reschedule the interview if I explained the situation? I know it’s all just so weird so no one might really know. But I don’t know if I’m allowed to go if we’re still on a shelter-in-place order.
 
So I’m supposed to interview in Austin on April 10th. But where I’m from (Louisiana) just put on a statewide shelter-in-place until April 13th. Do you think they would be okay with me asking to do a virtual interview that day or trying to reschedule the interview if I explained the situation? I know it’s all just so weird so no one might really know. But I don’t know if I’m allowed to go if we’re still on a shelter-in-place order.
I don't know maybe call&ask or check USA website of COVID-19 updates...? I'm from Texas... we have no order, or any lockdown except for Dallas so far.
 
So I’m supposed to interview in Austin on April 10th. But where I’m from (Louisiana) just put on a statewide shelter-in-place until April 13th. Do you think they would be okay with me asking to do a virtual interview that day or trying to reschedule the interview if I explained the situation? I know it’s all just so weird so no one might really know. But I don’t know if I’m allowed to go if we’re still on a shelter-in-place order.
When I got my interview email back in November, they gave me the option of doing an online one.
 
So I’m supposed to interview in Austin on April 10th. But where I’m from (Louisiana) just put on a statewide shelter-in-place until April 13th. Do you think they would be okay with me asking to do a virtual interview that day or trying to reschedule the interview if I explained the situation? I know it’s all just so weird so no one might really know. But I don’t know if I’m allowed to go if we’re still on a shelter-in-place order.
Yes you should ask. My interview last week was supposed to be in Miami but they made us switch to virtual instead.
 
How did the online interview go? How long was it?
Mine was around a 1h30 min, we had an introduction of the program then the interview portion (30 min) and an ending. There were about 12 people online and two other students during my actual interview part. We were only asked 3 questions and It was quick and easy. I didn't like how some people connection were not the best so their camera kept freezing while answering the questions which I think will make it unfair for them.
 
Mine was around a 1h30 min, we had an introduction of the program then the interview portion (30 min) and an ending. There were about 12 people online and two other students during my actual interview part. We were only asked 3 questions and It was quick and easy. I didn't like how some people connection were not the best so their camera kept freezing while answering the questions which I think will make it unfair for them.
Mine was around a 1h30 min, we had an introduction of the program then the interview portion (30 min) and an ending. There were about 12 people online and two other students during my actual interview part. We were only asked 3 questions and It was quick and easy. I didn't like how some people connection were not the best so their camera kept freezing while answering the questions which I think will make it unfair for them.
Were the questions what you expected based on what you’ve seen on the forum?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email from my advisor confirming that she submitted my application but nothing else.

Also I would like to advise anyone who hasn't received anything yet to keep faith and be persistent. I advised HEAVILY by my advisor to not even submit my application because she felt my stats weren't typical of people who make it into the program, however I told her to submit application anyway and ended up getting an interview and now a seat.

You miss 100% of the chances you don't take so there's no harm in always trying!!!
Congratulations! What was your stats? GRE scores? If you don’t mind sharing.
 
Unfortunately, I received a rejection letter today. Good luck and stay safe everyone.
I am so sorry!!! This was my third time applying for school and it finally happened so don’t give up! We are just in some crazy times right now but keep your head up and know that your time is coming! Stay healthy and stay safe!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a virtual interview for the Austin campus this Wednesday, for those who have interviewed, what questions were asked and how did your interview feel overall?
 
I have a virtual interview for the Austin campus this Wednesday, for those who have interviewed, what questions were asked and how did your interview feel overall?
The interview felt more like a conversation and they want to get to know us. Just be yourself and you’ll do well! I honestly can’t remember the questions asked because it really was just like a conversation as opposed to an interview.