This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sTIFFmovement

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a fall 2020 thread. Only see a summer/spring one. Comment if you're applying for fall and which campus.

I'm applying to San Marcos Campus.
cGPA: 3.39
pGPA:3.3
GRE: combined 291 141V 150Q 3A
scienceGPA:3.02
Observation Hours: 190
Letter of Recs: 4

when I applied: 10/15 , phonecall/advisor submitted: 12/17

1/7 granted interview...2/11

ACCEPTANCE EMAIL 2/19

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I applied to the St. Augustine campus. I missed the call because I was at work and the next available appointment was at the end of February. I tried emailing the advisor but haven’t heard back.

I was already accepted in December for fall.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm interviewing 1/14 for fall's cohort - if anyone else is as well, please let me know and we can connect. :)

Haven't seen a fall 2020 thread. Only see a summer/spring one. Comment if you're applying for fall and which campus.

GRE: combined 291

Now impatiently waiting for the 2nd email whether or not granted interview...

I applied to St. Augustine Campus. Had my advisor appointment 12/18. Now waiting for an email about a decision for an interview! It’s stressful!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hi, I'm interviewing 1/14 for fall's cohort - if anyone else is as well, please let me know and we can connect. :)
When was your advising phone appointment? and how long did it take them to email you that you were granted an interview?

When was your advising phone appointment? and how long did it take them to email you that you were granted an interview?

For me, it took less than two weeks after the advising appointment.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with my stats. Hopefully you get an interview!

have you gotten your advising call already? Ya I'm hoping.
Yeah i had my call a while ago, but they said to wait until i finished my anatomy course. Finished yesterday, and have my call scheduled for tomorrow with Zala.

My stats are:
I'm applying to San Marcos Campus (Fall)
cGPA: 3.28
pGPA:3.4
GRE: combined 290
4500 outpatient hours.

I applied to the Austin campus (Fall cohort). They extended the application deadline to the 15th, so they emailed to be patient with advising as they're focusing on the spring/summer cohorts first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to the Austin campus (Fall cohort). They extended the application deadline to the 15th, so they emailed to be patient with advising as they're focusing on the spring/summer cohorts first.
The 15th of January?

My stats are:
I'm applying to San Marcos Campus (Fall)
cGPA: 3.28
pGPA:3.4
GRE: combined 290
4500 outpatient hours.
I have just about the same stats but with a 289 combined.. The advisor who called advised me to retake my GRE for a higher score or else I won't get offered an interview
Did your advisor tell u the same?

She didn't say that i wouldn't get in. She said it was a little low, but that was it.

I have just about the same stats but with a 289 combined.. The advisor who called advised me to retake my GRE for a higher score or else I won't get offered an interview
Did your advisor tell u the same?
Also, do you remember what your adviser's name was?

Update!! I just got a call and email that I’m invited for the FEB 11th interview @ San Marcos!!. Having anxiety about interviewing now. If anyone can give me interview tips. Or what questions they ask let me know.

Update!! I just got a call and email that I’m invited for the FEB 11th interview @ San Marcos!!. Having anxiety about interviewing now. If anyone can give me interview tips. Or what questions they ask let me know.
Congrats!! I am so freaking happy for you! I hear that the interview process is super chill. Just make sure to practice, and there is a lot of info on the USA interviews on SDN. Best of luck, and hopefully i can join you too

Ok cool! I hope I get mine this week or next week hopefully. Since my call with Zala happened before Xmas/NYE holidays. I’m so anxious.
How many observation hours did you have??

For the interview notification.. Do they email you or call you? And have they also been sending out rejections as well? Like, whether or not you aren’t qualified for an interview

For the interview notification.. Do they email you or call you? And have they also been sending out rejections as well? Like, whether or not you aren’t qualified for an interview
I got both an email and a call within minutes of each other. I have no idea if they sent out any rejections. But I was told they are interviewing 1/14, 2/11, 3/10, 4/07 for residential. Susan actually let me choose one of those four dates to interview.

I got both an email and a call within minutes of each other. I have no idea if they sent out any rejections. But I was told they are interviewing 1/14, 2/11, 3/10, 4/07 for residential. Susan actually let me choose one of those four dates to interview.
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?

Hi!
Did they call you, or did you need to submit a time for the advising appointment? I submitted my application at the end of November... still waiting to hear back. When I emailed admissions they told me to wait to hear from an advisor, but I'm a little unclear about whether I need to reach out to schedule that or if they'll let me know?

Hi!
Did they call you, or did you need to submit a time for the advising appointment? I submitted my application at the end of November... still waiting to hear back. When I emailed admissions they told me to wait to hear from an advisor, but I'm a little unclear about whether I need to reach out to schedule that or if they'll let me know?
I received a call randomly but I was at work and couldn’t take it. She emailed me immediately after leaving a voicemail saying I needed to reschedule the appointment but the first one available was at the end of February.

Hi!
An advisor reaches out n sent me an email to set up an appt. then They called me.

My app was submitted Dec 18th by Zala, and I still haven’t heard back yet.. should I be concerned and call them or do they usually take a month to get back to you?

My app was submitted Dec 18th by Zala, and I still haven’t heard back yet.. should I be concerned and call them or do they usually take a month to get back to you?

I think you should definitely contact them. My friend submitted his application much after you did and he received a call to schedule for an phone interview with Zala last week, I believe. But it can also be like other people said, they are still focusing on Spring/Summer cohort

Finally submitted my application couple days ago for San Marcos, so hopefully I hear back in a couple of weeks.

When I got my invite to interview, she said 2-4weeks after submitting it. I think you should hear back soon unless she suggests you redo/retake something?

I think you should definitely contact them. My friend submitted his application much after you did and he received a call to schedule for an phone interview with Zala last week, I believe. But it can also be like other people said, they are still focusing on Spring/Summer cohort

Finally submitted my application couple days ago for San Marcos, so hopefully I hear back in a couple of weeks.
Spring cohort just started this Monday so that could be the possible delay?

I interviewed for fall yesterday at San Marcos. Very casual interview 2 applicants:1 faculty.

I was wondering how long after your interview y'all who have been accepted heard back? Thanks!

I interviewed for fall yesterday at San Marcos. Very casual interview 2 applicants:1 faculty.

I was wondering how long after your interview y'all who have been accepted heard back? Thanks!

What is your stats? I see that you are on the SMU thread too

And do you remember what interview questions were asked? If you don’t mind sharing.

Last edited:
So I missed my phone call from my enrollment advisor on December 30th and in the voicemail she said she would call back after the holiday. She never did and I couldn’t call her back because there wasn’t a call back number. But, I got an email on Monday saying my application was under review. I’m a little uncertain because in her voicemail she said that the phone call was required before the application could be submitted for review. Any insight or advice??

I submitted my application for San Marcos this week with what I thought was Austin, Texas as a 2nd choice. Now I am looking at their website and it says something about Fall 2020 in Dallas not accepting students?

How many people interviewed for fall yesterday? Was it mixed with summer applicants?

How many people interviewed for fall yesterday? Was it mixed with summer applicants?

38 people. Fall/summer mix.
Just be yourself. It's the basic questions and meant to be conversational. (ie tell me about yourself?)

cgpa: 3.2
pgpa: 3.6
gre: 315
observation: 1000+ in varied IP/OP settings

I heard back within a week of interviewing at San Marcos

Congrats! Like others have said, this is an interview where you can relax because they just want to get to know you and your story. This is your opportunity to see if they are right for you. You can pm me if you'd like.

I just got an interview invitation for Fall 2020 Flex!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I received an invitation to be interviewed for February 7th (St. Augustine campus), so if I'm not accepted by a public university by then I'll attend their interview.

Leaving an edit here since some people put their stats, I don't know if it helps:
3.985 cGPA
3.78 science
314 GRE
10k+ hours working as CNA in inpatient medsurg and inpatient rehab

Last edited:
I received an invitation to be interviewed for February 7th, so if I'm not accepted by a public university by then I'll attend their interview.

Leaving an edit here since some people put their stats, I don't know if it helps:
3.985 cGPA
3.78 science
314 GRE
10k+ hours working as CNA in inpatient medsurg and inpatient rehab
Which campus are you interviewing?

I interviewed at San Marcos last week, so I’m also anxiously waiting since today is exactly a week ago.. please update this forum if you guys are accepted! wishing everyone the best of luck

Reactions: 3 users
Has anybody applied to and heard back from the Miami campus about interviews yet? I applied on 11/29 and had my advisor appointment on 12/17. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

Has anybody applied to and heard back from the Miami campus about interviews yet? I applied on 11/29 and had my advisor appointment on 12/17. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

I applied in August, but my advisor held it until my fall grades were released. It was sent to the review committee and I was told I would have an answer within 4-6 weeks, so for me it would be around 2/17. Was your application forwarded to the committee already or are they holding it?

I applied in August, but my advisor held it until my fall grades were released. It was sent to the review committee and I was told I would have an answer within 4-6 weeks, so for me it would be around 2/17. Was your application forwarded to the committee already or are they holding it?
Yes, my application was forwarded for review on 1/2. Hopefully I get an answer by 2/13