This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Zala never called me during my scheduled appointment for my application review! -_- waited an extra hour too before emailing her back. Most likely will just have to reschedule for next week. Did this happen to anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Zala never called me during my scheduled appointment for my application review! -_- waited an extra hour too before emailing her back. Most likely will just have to reschedule for next week. Did this happen to anyone else?
It happened to me as well the second time. Just set another time via the email link and that timeslot will be locked in. Email her for conformation as well.

It happened to me as well the second time. Just set another time via the email link and that timeslot will be locked in. Email her for conformation as well.

Thanks for the quick response, as always. I will go ahead and schedule another time.

How can I apply for the Dallas program? Email said we could start applying but I’m unable to find anything on PTCAS.

How can I apply for the Dallas program? Email said we could start applying but I’m unable to find anything on PTCAS.

I applied to the Dallas campus few weeks ago. I just went on the website and on the "more info on the program or interested in the program" tab I put down the info. I originally applied to the Austin campus, but changed my mine and went to the Dallas campus. Hopefully the new campus is more lenient, but who knows. Good luck!

This morning I just got an invitation to interview on Tuesday March 10th in San Marcos. I am thrown off because my phone appt with Zala yesterday said it would take two weeks for admissions to go over my application and my interview would probably not be until late April.

This is a little under two weeks notice and is moving quickly. Did anyone ask for a different interview date, and did they have other options available?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 1/14 and received my email about 2 weeks after that I was accepted. I am not 100% sure if I will be going there yet. I have till March 5 to decide. Good luck to everyone in the process!!

This morning I just got an invitation to interview on Tuesday, March 10th in San Marcos. I am thrown off because my phone appt with Zala yesterday said it would take two weeks for admissions to go over my application and my interview would probably not be until late April.

This is a little under two weeks' notice and is moving quickly. Did anyone ask for a different interview date, and did they have other options available?
Congrats on the interview! Mine is that same day. I feel like you can ask admissions if it's ok to move the date back to April. But I'm not sure if they look down on that or not.

Just found out I was accepted to St. Augustine Campus Flex Fall 2020!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just out of curiosity, has anyone here heard of anyone who interviewed and was not offered acceptance to St Augustine?

Has anyone interviewed with the St. Augustine campus recently ? If so, can you share some of the interview questions you were asked ?

I applied for the Fall Flex program San Marcos campus and received an interview! My interview is March 14th. Good luck to everyone! Any advice or tips about the interview at St. Augustine???

Hello. Did anyone in here get accepted to the Fall 2020 Flex DPT program in San Marcos? If so, is there a FB page set up for the cohort yet?

Applied for the Miami Campus 2/27, got my call from the advisor today 3/3. Hoping to get an email about an interview in the next 4-5 weeks. she said.

It was submitted on PTCAS November 29th and I had my phone call with an enrollment advisor in the beginning of January.
Kim said she was still sorting through summer 2020 and fall 2020 applications , I haven't even gotten an advisement:(

I just want to say it’s okay to be patient for the interview because hot damn are flights expensive now. I booked with Southwest and there were slim to no options with many being canceled.

UPDATE, I just received an email saying I was accepted to the Miami campus

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone get into the residential program for fall 2020?

I was wondering since their site says non-rolling admissions for that program, but they did extend their deadline so maybe that's why. When did you apply?

My PTCAS submission was on 10/15. Had the USA advisor submit my app on 12/17. On 1/7 was granted an interview. I had my interview 2/11. Received acceptance on 2/19.

I'm not sure. Possibly extended just for the new dallas campus?

I just want to say it’s okay to be patient for the interview because hot damn are flights expensive now. I booked with Southwest and there were slim to no options with many being canceled.
Dayum where are you coming from.They're cheap as hell for me on United. My flight from TX to CA roundtrip was only $100 mid feb for my interview... & My one-way moving to CA (end of july) is only $53 for the flight.:)

Last edited:
Dayum where are you coming from.They're cheap as hell for me on United. My flight from TX to CA roundtrip was only $100 mid feb for my interview... & My one-way moving to CA (end of july) is only $53 for the flight.:)
I am flying from Oakland to San Diego to meet them tomorrow. This is a $500 interview. :cryi:

Does anyone know if you are allowed to apply for the 2020 fall DPT residential program at USAHS and 2021 spring DPT residential program both within this cycle 2019-2020? Or would I have to wait for next cycle 2020-2021, to apply to the spring one? I contacted them about this but haven't gotten a response.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to apply for the 2020 fall DPT residential program at USAHS and 2021 spring DPT residential program both within this cycle 2019-2020? Or would I have to wait for next cycle 2020-2021, to apply to the spring one? I contacted them about this but haven't gotten a response.
Based off my phone advising conversation...
You apply for the cycle closest, and if you did not get in, you would be put on a waitlist, and if that didn’t happen finally application would fall to the next cycle.

So for you specifically it would be like Fall rolling admissions, and if it was too close to call I think then you could ask to have your 2nd choice be Spring.
But whatever happens you can’t apply in PTCAS twice. I asked her this because I would rather a Spring start in San Marcos be a 2nd choice rather than Austin.

Based off my phone advising conversation...
You apply for the cycle closest, and if you did not get in, you would be put on a waitlist, and if that didn’t happen finally application would fall to the next cycle.

So for you specifically it would be like Fall rolling admissions, and if it was too close to call I think then you could ask to have your 2nd choice be Spring.
But whatever happens you can’t apply in PTCAS twice. I asked her this because I would rather a Spring start in San Marcos be a 2nd choice rather than Austin.

I just recently submitted my application for the fall residential program because they extended their deadline. So you are saying if I end up on the waitlist but the class ends up being full for fall, then my application would roll over to the next start date which is spring, but I would just have to call them to tell them right now that I am willing to do that?

I just recently submitted my application for the fall residential program because they extended their deadline. So you are saying if I end up on the waitlist but the class ends up being full for fall, then my application would roll over to the next start date which is spring, but I would just have to call them to tell them right now that I am willing to do that?
When I interviewed at the CA campus. they said if they waitlist you AFTER an interview. You are accepted! it just depends on if a seat opens up for you in the cohort. If not they said you are guaranteed a spot in the next cohort. But I don’t know if that applies for all USA campuses.

Applied for the Miami Campus 2/27, got my call from the advisor today 3/3. Hoping to get an email about an interview in the next 4-5 weeks. she said.
Invited for an interview 3/11. Miami Campus. Can anyone tell me what the interviews are like?

Hi! How are your stats if you don't mind sharing?
Degree: B.S. Family & Child Sciences
FSU Cum. GPA: 3.668
Last 60 Credits GPA: 3.68
Pre req GPA (currently taking physics 2): 3.3-3.4 depending on school
GRE: V. 149 Q.151 AW:5.0
Experiences: PT club, W.E.B. Du Bois Honor Society, Assistant Teacher at FSU Childcare Center, Research Assistant for 6 months, Alzheimer Volunteer/Caregiver for 1 year, Office Assistant at the Student Disability and Research Center, Volunteer for Splash Pals adapted aquatics
LOR: 1 Professor, 2 PT's, 1 Head Researcher
Observation: 500+ : 470 as orthopedic outpatient rehab tech, 15 school setting, 5 acute care, 10 skilled nursing facility

Invited for an interview 3/11. Miami Campus. Can anyone tell me what the interviews are like?
I just had an interview with the Miami Campus 2/27 and received my acceptance 3/9. The interviews are not intimidating at all, everyone is really nice and friendly even the interviewers. They'll give you information about the school then you'll interview and tour the building. In the interview they asked tell me about yourself, how you think your undergrad prepared you for PT school, what will you do to ensure you're successful in the program, and a situational question.. There are two students to an interview, just be yourself and make sure to answer the questions I felt like the other person I was being interviewed with was very quick to answer which gave me time to think of a well-rounded answer and clearly worked in my favor. Just do your best! :)

Reactions: 2 users