University of St. Augustine Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have decided to push my application up to summer.. there are people who have already been accepted for summer that have lower stats than I do so I figured why not go for it. I'm hoping I made the right decision because I really don't want to wait another 6 months to have to reapply.
Good luck @HPUDPTHopefull! I did the same, hoping it works in our favor!

Members don't see this ad.

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. It seems impossible to me to figure out what these admission committees look for in applicants aside from the hard figures (GPAs, GREs, LOR, experience, etc). I would be upset too if I found out they were reaching out to other applicants, but at the same time they have the prerogative to do just that (unfortunately for anyone who may have been denied/waitlisted even if they met the minimum requirements).

I would think they do their best to fill all seats in each cohort so eventually they may have to "settle" with the applicant pool they have or reach out to applicants for other terms like they've been doing. I think making sure applicants in each cohort will make it through their program and eventually pass the NPTE is of top priority for the programs. But then again, it's anyone's guess.

Yeah, makes sense. To be honest, I'd welcome the opportunity if it presented itself (though in my particular situation I probably wouldn't be able to). Looking forward to your updates... Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, makes sense. To be honest, I'd welcome the opportunity if it presented itself (though in my particular situation I probably wouldn't be able to). Looking forward to your updates... Good luck!
Thanks! Good luck to you too. I'm always rooting for us non-trads!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang. What were your USA stats? They only gave you 1 weeks notice? You sure it's for fall Austin? Flex or full time?
It was flex and yeah fall Austin. I am a little confused why I got such a short heads up. Jimmy Campos emailed me and asked if I would be able to attend the interview session on Jan 28 and I said yeah. he then told me "official" interview invites would be sent soon. Seems a little strange but hey...ill take it.

It was flex and yeah fall Austin. I am a little confused why I got such a short heads up. Jimmy Campos emailed me and asked if I would be able to attend the interview session on Jan 28 and I said yeah. he then told me "official" interview invites would be sent soon. Seems a little strange but hey...ill take it.

It's because flex interviews people year around.

Good luck @HPUDPTHopefull! I did the same, hoping it works in our favor!
THANKS! Good luck to you too. I sent her the email yesterday so she wont see it till monday. I wonder how long ill have to wait to hear back about it. There are interviews at San Marcos on Feb 10th so Im hoping I get picked for that. Ill keep you all posted!

THANKS! Good luck to you too. I sent her the email yesterday so she wont see it till monday. I wonder how long ill have to wait to hear back about it. There are interviews at San Marcos on Feb 10th so Im hoping I get picked for that. Ill keep you all posted!
I have considered applying for the flex program. But I just wonder if that affects the employability. I know there are classes most weekends of the month. But a lot of the stuff is online so you have less instruction. And I wonder if employers would look at that and prefer someone who has done a classroom based degree...just wondering

I have considered applying for the flex program. But I just wonder if that affects the employability. I know there are classes most weekends of the month. But a lot of the stuff is online so you have less instruction. And I wonder if employers would look at that and prefer someone who has done a classroom based degree...just wondering
Lmao... It doesn't at all. Board certified PT is literally all they care about.

Yes that does make sense. I had spoken to some people an I know in other fields an online degree is not regarded very high.
I will have to look in to this if I don't get in this round....
I will also probably come in on a student visa although I am already living in the US. And they have very strict guidelines...I think only very few credits can be done online.
I will speak to the immigration lawyer and admissions once I have at least been rejected this one time.
It sounds like a fab option.

For MBA's etc it makes a huge difference by the way. Certified or not because the job market is more competitive.

Anyone get an interview invitation yet for fall or summer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your USA portal. Should show it there
Just got an email too. Should hear about an interview (or decision?) before friday?
it was odd to see in the email she said ill hear about a decision or an invite to an interview... I wonder if they would accept someone without interviewing them?

Well, to be fair, it's not entirely online. All the labs and clinicals (the most important stuff) are still in person. If you're self-motivated and organized enough to be able to learn the same material on your own, I think that can speak volumes.

Also, how would employers even know that it was online unless you told them? At the end of it all, you still get that doctorate and DPT after your name.

Just got an email too. Should hear about an interview (or decision?) before friday?
it was odd to see in the email she said ill hear about a decision or an invite to an interview... I wonder if they would accept someone without interviewing them?
I didn't apply to the flex program but I don't think that's the case.... Maybe they are referring to rejection or an invite to an interview? I don't mean to sound all pessimistic or anything, but that's what it seems like haha. I"ve never heard of a school accepting people without interviews if their normal policy is to conduct interviews.

I didn't apply to the flex program but I don't think that's the case.... Maybe they are referring to rejection or an invite to an interview? I don't mean to sound all pessimistic or anything, but that's what it seems like haha. I"ve never heard of a school accepting people without interviews if their normal policy is to conduct interviews.
LOL yeah that makes sense. I guess a rejection is so far from my mind I couldn't piece that together ;p hhahaha

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

No clue. I have the same question. Let me know what they tell you.
Hey just an update - I'm in their admissions webinar right now... They said if you have prereqs with separate labs, they will be counted as 3 credits. If they are 4 credits with labs included, then they count as 4 credits.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey just an update - I'm in their admissions webinar right now... They said if you have prereqs with separate labs, they will be counted as 3 credits. If they are 4 credits with labs included, then they count as 4 credits.
So say you have a 4 credit A and a 4 credit B. Will you get 4 credits counted in A and 2 credits counted in B to fill the 6 credits for the section?

So say you have a 4 credit A and a 4 credit B. Will you get 4 credits counted in A and 2 credits counted in B to fill the 6 credits for the section?
My understanding is that they just take credit count at face value if the lab was combined. So using your example, if you have 4+4 it still counts as 8. 6 seems to just be a target (they do the calculations manually anyway). If you only took courses that had separate labs, they'd count as 3+3.

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread for a few days now! I submitted my application for Fall 2017 in San Marcos and received an email last week asking if I would like to move my application to be reviewed for the Summer 2017 cohort instead. After a lot of thought, I decided to go ahead and move it up. I received an email today around noon with an interview invitation since changing my application term! The interview will be held on Feb 10th. Hoping everyone hears back soon!

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread for a few days now! I submitted my application for Fall 2017 in San Marcos and received an email last week asking if I would like to move my application to be reviewed for the Summer 2017 cohort instead. After a lot of thought, I decided to go ahead and move it up. I received an email today around noon with an interview invitation since changing my application term! The interview will be held on Feb 10th. Hoping everyone hears back soon!
Hey! when did you email her about switching??? I just got my switch confirmed today. Mind sharing your stats??

Hey! when did you email her about switching??? I just got my switch confirmed today. Mind sharing your stats??

I emailed her last Friday the 20th to officially switch and she got back to me shortly after confirming the transfer!

pGPA: 3.5
Last 45 units: 3.9
GRE V:150 Q:145 W:4
Observation Hours: 3,000 + (Outpatient hospital/inpatient acute care/amputee rehab) --> Currently a Rehabilitation Aide in a hospital
Research: 200 + hours post-graduate for Torticollis intervention study

Hope this helps! my GRE is definitely a weak point but I'm hoping they look at all application components equally

I emailed her last Friday the 20th to officially switch and she got back to me shortly after confirming the transfer!

pGPA: 3.5
Last 45 units: 3.9
GRE V:150 Q:145 W:4
Observation Hours: 3,000 + (Outpatient hospital/inpatient acute care/amputee rehab) --> Currently a Rehabilitation Aide in a hospital
Research: 200 + hours post-graduate for Torticollis intervention study

Hope this helps! my GRE is definitely a weak point but I'm hoping they look at all application components equally
Thanks! your GRE is over the 294 mark so i bet you'll be fine, good luck!

Is anyone applying to the Miami campus and heard when they will be holding interviews. I was told the end of February.

Hey everyone,

I know everyone's been messaging on here for quite some time now so I'm a little late to game. However, I figured I'd join in now since I received some info in regard to interview invitations for USA's Flex DPT program for the Fall 2017 class at the St. Augustine campus.

First off, I hope that luck is on all of our sides and we all end up receiving the opportunity to fulfill our dreams of becoming DPT's! I'm sure all of our hard work will pay off in the end!

Secondly, thank you guys for taking time to keep everyone, including myself, in the loop of what's going on across the nation in terms of USA's admission process this year.

As for the Flex DPT program for the Fall 2017 class at the St. Augustine campus, I was told emails should be sent out sometime during the second week of February. Interviews will be held in March, approximately one month after they send the interview invitations.

I hope that this helps ease some worries! Good luck to all!

Thank you so much for this information, i've literally been checking my email every 5 minutes lol Good luck to you too

I got an interview for the 10th!!! So excited :)

Reactions: 5 users
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Best of luck to you!!!!
Thanks! It was so weird I got an interview at rockhurst and was not expecting it at all. Then while I was accepting that interview I got the email from USA. The rockhurst interview is the day after USA so it's gonna be a tough couple days haha. But it will be so worth it!

Hello, just letting you guys know i called Erin from Admissions's and asked when we should hear something for the fall 2017 cohort. She told me it could be up to a month, but probably 2-3 weeks. I've been checking the portal / email everyday and I'm getting anxious!

Hello, just letting you guys know i called Erin from Admissions's and asked when we should hear something for the fall 2017 cohort. She told me it could be up to a month, but probably 2-3 weeks. I've been checking the portal / email everyday and I'm getting anxious!
Thanks for sharing this info @JustDPT

So like mid to late February?

So like mid to late February?
I'm guessing so. I've read in past forums for the Fall 2016 cohort that they were receiving emails around this time last year for a late Feb interview. I know when I went to tour it was after the hurricane hit and they were busy remodeling and having to deal with relocation for most of the staff. That might be a reason for us having to wait a few more weeks.

I emailed on the 20th to respond to keeping my application for fall instead of moving it to summer and she said to expect 2-4 more weeks minimum before hearing about a decision or interview

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed on the 20th to respond to keeping my application for fall instead of moving it to summer and she said to expect 2-4 more weeks minimum before hearing about a decision or interview
5db.jpg

OK so now it is just waiting and waiting and waiting....
Oh GOD this is excruciating!

So no one here is applying to the Miami campus for Fall 2017?

I wish I could cause there is barely competition.
I have to consider schooling for my kids etc. And in Miami good school districts are very expensive to live.
Otherwise I would have gone for it.
I considered Austin but for my family St Augustine just works out
fingers crossed...
I am considering moving to the flex if I don't make it this time
though I don't think on an international student visa this many online credits are acceptable

Good luck you guys
well done on moving to summer
I was not offered that as I have 2 pre reqs outstanding till may 10th

I wish I could cause there is barely competition.
I have to consider schooling for my kids etc. And in Miami good school districts are very expensive to live.
Otherwise I would have gone for it.
I considered Austin but for my family St Augustine just works out
fingers crossed...
I am considering moving to the flex if I don't make it this time
though I don't think on an international student visa this many online credits are acceptable

Good luck you guys
well done on moving to summer
I was not offered that as I have 2 pre reqs outstanding till may 10th
I haven't read of them moving any applications to the summer from the fall pool for the St Aug campus. I could be wrong though.

For anyone applying to Miami, are you all trying to get a roommate? Apartments near the Miami campus are around 2k a month for 3 bedroom. Just wondering how people go about that

For anyone applying to Miami, are you all trying to get a roommate? Apartments near the Miami campus are around 2k a month for 3 bedroom. Just wondering how people go about that
I've been looking into 2 bedroom apartments that are close to campus, and I see a lot that's about 1200-1600 which I feel is an ok price for me since I'll be splitting it with another person. I didn't consider 3 bedrooms because I would only like to have 1 roommate. Most people get roommates after they get accepted and someone makes the Facebook page where everyone can meet each other.