University of St. Augustine Fall 2019 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm actually embarrassed to share this since they are so low, but I'll do it to give others hope and show that they can get in with sub 3.0 GPAs

Overall GPA: 2.76 (College was an interesting time in my life l o l)
Pre-Req GPA:2.93
GRE: 149V, 151M, 3.5 W

Volunteer/Work experience:

PT Aide @ outpatient clinic: 1 year, 500~ hours
Rehab Tech @ Morristown Medical Center: 3 years, 2500~ hours (I honestly think this is what helped me a ton)

--

I applied in early September (deadline was Oct.15) and heard back for my pre admission in December. I was notified for my interview in mid January (for Feb.1). Just heard back yesterday for my acceptance yesterday.

I was talking to the admissions coordinator to follow up on my acceptance, and they said that I was very strong with my interview (very personable, outgoing, strong responses to questions)

Honestly if you think you'll have trouble with your interview, look up "A New Exercise: How to Succeed at the Interview for a DPT Program".

I swear by this book. It helped me tremendously in formulating my answers to common questions, as well as picking up on certain mannerisms, etc.

I'm actually embarrassed to share this since they are so low, but I'll do it to give others hope and show that they can get in with sub 3.0 GPAs

Overall GPA: 2.76 (College was an interesting time in my life l o l)
Pre-Req GPA:2.93
GRE: 149V, 151M, 3.5 W

PT Aide @ outpatient clinic: 1 year, 500~ hours
Rehab Tech @ Morristown Medical Center: 3 years, 2500~ hours (I honestly think this is what helped me a ton)

--

I applied in early September (deadline was Oct.15) and heard back for my pre admission in December. I was notified for my interview in mid January (for Feb.1). Just heard back yesterday for my acceptance yesterday.

I was talking to the admissions coordinator to follow up on my acceptance, and they said that I was very strong with my interview (very personable, outgoing, strong responses to questions)

Honestly if you think you'll have trouble with your interview, look up "A New Exercise: How to Succeed at the Interview for a DPT Program".

I swear by this book. It helped me tremendously in formulating my answers to common questions, as well as picking up on certain mannerisms, etc.

Wow thank you for your insightful and inspiring post. If you do not mind me asking, did you go early decision? Also, which campus did you get into. Any other advises for someone who is in a very similar situation as you are? Im trying to get into any campus at all costs. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview 9/21, accepted 10/1 so ~2 weeks.
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?

Just got an email from admissions saying I was accepted into their Fall program! I was super relieved considering how low my academic stats were...
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?

Hi all,

Even though I got into USA San Marcos, I declined the acceptance in favor of another program. This is my second time applying and I'd like to share my stats. I hope this gives someone hope that you can get in DESPITE a low GPA!

1st application stats:
Overall GPA: 3.01
Pre-Req GPA: 2.77
GRE: 149V, 152M, 4.0 W

2nd application stats:
Overall GPA: 3.12
Pre-req GPA: 3.67
GRE: same as above

Rehab aide (outpatient): ~900 hours with observation in several specialties
Other observation hours: ~120 hours in 4 settings
Previous employment in orthopedic research

You are ALL qualified to be PTs! Go out there schools how incredible you are.