University of St. Augustine Spring 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another week here we come

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Waiting builds up so many thoughts in ones head...

We should hear back from them this week. Next week is already October. There is no way they they will let it overlap the next admissions deadline.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
She said something about a new, more extensive review process they're doing this time. And that San Marcos has less people working in admissions than the other campuses and that's why they're taking the longest. At least that was my understanding

I don't know I assume this week as in by Friday? But it could be next week too? Idk. She didn't make it sound like it would definitely be within the week

Oh and I think she said something about the new review process taking 6-8 weeks rather than 3... So I guess we can expect that kind of time frame. Perhaps someone else can call and ask because she spoke very quickly to me haha

She said something about a new, more extensive review process they're doing thi
Oh and I think she said something about the new review process taking 6-8 weeks rather than 3... So I guess we can expect that kind of time frame. Perhaps someone else can call and ask because she spoke very quickly to me haha

Well im just going to spend the money and submit my other schools cause who knows how long USA is going to take

Wow...Well, I guess I'm going to have to do the same thing at this point. What a bummer.

They shouldn't have informed us during the interview day that it will take 3 weeks. They should have anticipated the changes they are planing to make. So not professional. such a drag!! :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if this applies to Flex applicants in Florida or just CA.

They shouldn't have informed us during the interview day that it will take 3 weeks. They should have anticipated the changes they are planing to make. So not professional. such a drag!! :mad:
Yeah.. if i knew it would take 8 weeks or more i wouldve just submitted it earlier. I hope this thread helps future applicants.

Too bad that we're the batch who got hit by this. I guess all we can do is wait and wait and pray for good results.

Called this morning, and it went straight to voicemail :bang:

we'll probably get it end of the week (hoping)

I applied for the summer. This thread is worrying me. I hope if I get accepted they give me so be advance notice since I will have to quit my job and move there....

I applied for the summer. This thread is worrying me. I hope if I get accepted they give me so be advance notice since I will have to quit my job and move there....
"Some". Damn auto correct LOL

Called this morning, and it went straight to voicemail :bang:
I had to ask the operator ( or whatever their title is that directs your call) to send me directly to student services at San Marcos. That way your call doesn't go to Florida General admissions, where apparently no one is answering :) let me know what they tell you!

I had to ask the operator ( or whatever their title is that directs your call) to send me directly to student services at San Marcos. That way your call doesn't go to Florida General admissions, where apparently no one is answering :) let me know what they tell you!

No answer with Jennifer :/

Well I got through to the Admissions office.. I asked for student services and was sent to admissions... not so good news....

I asked when Spring 2015 candidates would hear something, and she said we really do not know. They are now under new management and the decision process is now completely different (in regards to who makes the decisions and the process) so that is why it is taking so long. This change will be in effect from now on. So the 3 week wait will not be the case anymore. I said ok well I think we are going on week 8 so when will we know? she said we are hoping... or they are telling us hopefully by NEXT FRIDAY. I said wow... next Friday... she said well it could be next Monday, we really just don't know. The people who decided do not give us a date.

So everyone i guess that means the waiting game may continue for another week :nailbiting:

Well on the bright side, the major delay may mean that people reject their acceptances which means people originally on the waitlist have a better chance!

I just wish they would have been able to tell us before the next cycles applications are due. :/

What?!?! Next Friday?!?! I wish they would stop giving us false hope. :(

Well I got through to the Admissions office.. I asked for student services and was sent to admissions... not so good news....

I asked when Spring 2015 candidates would hear something, and she said we really do not know. They are now under new management and the decision process is now completely different (in regards to who makes the decisions and the process) so that is why it is taking so long. This change will be in effect from now on. So the 3 week wait will not be the case anymore. I said ok well I think we are going on week 8 so when will we know? she said we are hoping... or they are telling us hopefully by NEXT FRIDAY. I said wow... next Friday... she said well it could be next Monday, we really just don't know. The people who decided do not give us a date.

So everyone i guess that means the waiting game may continue for another week :nailbiting:
What is the NEW process for acceptance????? Is it new clerically? Or they are now looking at us differently the latter is a bit concerning.
I'm glad to know it's next week so that now I can sleep better this week.

Kind of didn't get on the plan B boat and decided to let USA keep stringing me along. Totally don't reply to this if you don't want to but what other Cali schools are u guys considering? I was rejected from SDSU last application round :( so they are kind of out for me.

Here's to hoping for next Monday

Wow that is really bull.. I think it's a lie. The schools are connected that's why we send our transcripts to Florida and not California.

Hey you guys should contact "Southernsligginpt". He just posted about getting accepted to St. Augustine for Spring 2015. He turned it down though. He posted in "GRE's, GPA's, Acceptances, " thread. Maybe he knows something?

in-state tuition vs. private school out of state tuition was the motivation for turning it down...

Does this whole new 6-8 week decision making apply to every location and program such as Flex or is it just for the CA campus? Thanks!

Congrats to all the acceptances! Would you guys also mind posting your stats and such? Just to get an overview? Thank you!

Congrats to all the acceptances! Would you guys also mind posting your stats and such? Just to get an overview? Thank you!
Not sure if you are going to get any responses since everyone who was accepted probably dont visit this thread anymore

Reactions: 3 users
Hey there, I just recently got an interview for next Friday (Oct. 3) at the Austin campus but here are my stats:

Hours: 10,000+ in Acute Care, Cardiac Rehab, Aquatic Therapy, Outpatient (Adult and Pedi)
GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 295

I didn't really think I was going to get an interview due to my low scores but I believe what helped me out were my essays and hours of experience. Stay positive! Good Luck!

Hey there, I just recently got an interview for next Friday (Oct. 3) at the Austin campus but here are my stats:

Hours: 10,000+ in Acute Care, Cardiac Rehab, Aquatic Therapy, Outpatient (Adult and Pedi)

I didn't really think I was going to get an interview due to my low scores but I believe what helped me out were my essays and hours of experience. Stay positive! Good Luck!
Is that for spring 2015 or summer? If its for spring, your chances are high since they barely have anyone enrolled for spring

Is that for spring 2015 or summer? If its for spring, your chances are high since they barely have anyone enrolled for spring

Its for the Spring 2015. I hope they are! I'm crossing my fingers!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine. Just be yourself. We had over 50 people during interview day for the Austin Spring 2015 class. I'm not sure how many people exactly from the Aug 8th interview day were accepted if not all. But seeing that they're doing a second round of interviews there must be room for a few more to join.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine. Just be yourself. We had over 50 people during interview day for the Austin Spring 2015 class. I'm not sure how many people exactly from the Aug 8th interview day were accepted if not all. But seeing that they're doing a second round of interviews there must be room for a few more to join.
Awesome. I really appreciate it! Did you get accepted to the Spring 2015 class?

Awesome. I really appreciate it! Did you get accepted to the Spring 2015 class?
Yes I did. I'll be down there from NY looking at places to live next week. From what I gather from my interactions with the other people I interviewed with and spoken to afterwards, seems to be a good group of people.

Ha they told me the Flex students have a couple of more weeks!

Don't you get our hopes up! Haha I'm setting my sights on next Friday so I'm not disappointed... As much

I cant agree more. She told me hopefully by next Friday... so I think that is when we should just expect it. Anything earlier would be a miracle.

I pressed the 1 button for other questions other than admission status. But I didn't care lol, I did it anyways to find out.