University of St. Augustine Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there! I also interviewed at San Marcos that day and haven't heard anything either. Jennifer said decisions were going to be made in 2 weeks maybe 3 (yesterday, Friday); I think they must just be really busy. On August 13th she told me in an email "The Committee is still in the approval stages for MOT for Spring. As soon as decisions are made, we will update your portal with “Accepted” “Denied” or “Waitlisted”. She's awesome for dealing with all us nervous applicants. Good luck!!!
Thank you!! You too!

I interviewed on July 17th and it was for DPT

I got a email!
And was your app in for spring term? More details please! How many were there for the interview that day?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused. I thought that the group of us that interviewed on the 14th in Austin were the first group of DPT candidates to interview.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm confused. I thought that the group of us that interviewed on the 14th in Austin were the first group of DPT candidates to interview.

I'm confused too.

Hey guys! I applied for Spring 2016 (San Marcos campus) DPT and I haven't heard anything back at all. My online status is totally complete and accepted, but I'm getting really worried. Is anyone else in the same boat, or have people gotten interviews for San Marcos DPT?

I haven't heard back from MOT St. Augustine yet either. They keep telling me that my application is under review, and I'll hear back by September..ugh

Has anyone from the August 7 interview in FL contacted them to see when we're supposed to get a decision? She sounded so confident that we would hear last Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the August 7 interview in FL contacted them to see when we're supposed to get a decision? She sounded so confident that we would hear last Friday.
Yeah I was wondering the same thing! I thought she sounded confident as well but the paper in the packet said within 3 weeks so I was going to give it this week. Although waiting is super stressful!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I need help. Im filling out my pre-req form from yvette and is it simply the class and year it was taken and where.. no grade?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing! I thought she sounded confident as well but the paper in the packet said within 3 weeks so I was going to give it this week. Although waiting is super stressful!
For the Saint Augustine, Florida campus?

I haven't heard back from MOT St. Augustine yet either. They keep telling me that my application is under review, and I'll hear back by September..ugh
Are you for the San Marcos location as well? I talked to Jennifer Finn yesterday, and she said that Jocelyn is out on leave or something like that.

i emailed Yvette to get a pre-req form and havent heard back from her.... any ideas on what to do

I just emailed them (Fl campus).... We shall see how that goes

So I applied for the flex DPT program at fl and Emily said they are still reviewing applications but if I'm invited for an interview I will hear from her very soon....... So crossing my fingers and praying that means like next week haha

Does anyone who applied to the Florida campus and got interviewed know a time frame on when we should know if we were accepted?

Does anyone who applied to the Florida campus and got interviewed know a time frame on when we should know if we were accepted?
Well she said last Friday but on the website it says 2-3 weeks after the interview. So I'm thinking tomorrow?

Well she said last Friday but on the website it says 2-3 weeks after the interview. So I'm thinking tomorrow?
I would hope by tomorrow

So after you get accepted do you have to go to that campus?

My group applied for the Fall but didn't get a interview.
oh okay, so off of your application alone you got accepted? I was confused. Do you know how many of you there were in the same situation?

oh okay, so off of your application alone you got accepted? I was confused. Do you know how many of you there were in the same situation?
We didn't get a interview for the fall semester, we got a interview for the spring. I'm getting confused too.

I think I get it..... Sometimes when people are good candidates but there were a lot of applicants some of the applicants get kind of wait listed.... Then they push those applicants into the pool for the next spring semester and interview them earlier than the other applicants since they actually applied a lot earlier. Sooo KL23 applied for fall 2015 and they never got interviewed but their application got wait listed and then switched to spring 2016 and they offered them an interview and now they are accepted! I think hahaha you can obviously correct me if I'm wrong. So that's good news bc if you don't get in now maybe they will just push you into the summer 2016 pool of candidates!

I am getting ready to submit all my documents for the Summer 2016 cycle, but am slowly realizing just how disorganized this entire process is. There isn't much direction. Which has me a little concerned about the quality of the USA DPT program itself. Is this a foreshadowing of a disorganized program? Does anyone know of other students who have already been accepted and who have already started the program? What is their experience like?? Overall positive?

I am getting ready to submit all my documents for the Summer 2016 cycle, but am slowly realizing just how disorganized this entire process is. There isn't much direction. Which has me a little concerned about the quality of the USA DPT program itself. Is this a foreshadowing of a disorganized program? Does anyone know of other students who have already been accepted and who have already started the program? What is their experience like?? Overall positive?
Yes I know that's a little scary. I know 2 people that go to St. Augustine and have great things to say about it. They haven't said anything bad about it. But from friends I have a different PT schools, it seems like the consensus is that there's no "perfect" PT school - all have disorganization between faculty and staff. I could especially see this with St. Augustine since they have multiple campuses. But in the end, almost every PT school has the same basic curriculum so wherever you go you will still gain the appropriate knowledge needed for ur career. I've been skeptical of a few programs like St. Augustine before too...but in the end, you're one step closer to reaching your goal.

We didn't get a interview for the fall semester, we got a interview for the spring. I'm getting confused too.
Lol. I'll just explain to you why we (the people I interviewed with) are confused.

The first thing you posted on this forum was "got accepted" to us that means you are accepted to start the program in January.. All of us didn't understand how you knew so quickly because we were told we had the first interview as of August 14th. So that's why we asked things like, when was your interview, when were you told you were accepted and so fourth... But since you are also confused my only assumption is you werent "accepted" YET. But you were offered an interview?? Is that it?? We all just want to know so we know where we all stand as far as how our interviews went.

Lol. I'll just explain to you why we (the people I interviewed with) are confused.

The first thing you posted on this forum was "got accepted" to us that means you are accepted to start the program in January.. All of us didn't understand how you knew so quickly because we were told we had the first interview as of August 14th. So that's why we asked things like, when was your interview, when were you told you were accepted and so fourth... But since you are also confused my only assumption is you werent "accepted" YET. But you were offered an interview?? Is that it?? We all just want to know so we know where we all stand as far as how our interviews went.
Hey I posted like 3 posts up what I think they mean happened. I've read other threads where this has happened! I may be wrong but I think they are accepted but that they originally applied for Fall 2015 and the school already had too many students but still thought KL23 could do well there so the postponed their application until Spring 2016 and interviewed them earlier than the other applicants.

Last edited:
Hey I posted like 3 posts up what I think they mean happened. I've read other threads where this has happened! I may be wrong but I think they are accepted but that they originally applied for Fall 2015 and the school already had too many students but still thought KL23 could do well there so the postponed their application until Spring 2016 and interviewed them earlier than the other applicants.
you're probably right. I just read KL23 post that the interview was the 17th.

Did they ever get back to you?
Hey! Yeah I posted earlier.... Sorry but I applied for the Flex program so she said they are still reviewing apps for spring and that if I was invited for an interview that I would hear from her very soon. She responded very quickly so I reccomend shooting her an email just asking if she knew a time frame of when the people who interviewed would hear something. Be polite and not pushy and she responds well lol Emily staub is the one to email

I got accepted! Fl campus

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats guys! Can only imagine the feeling! Be safe tonight haha.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got invited to interview. Wonder how many spots are left

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted to Austin campus DPT!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users