University of St. Augustine Spring 2017

Started by cg11092
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm not an admissions administrator, but that's what makes the most sense to me if I was in charge of it

It does make sense. I don't think they would string along the applicants who were waitlisted from the previous term unless they planned on accepting them.
 
It does make sense. I don't think they would string along the applicants who were waitlisted from the previous term unless they planned on accepting them.
I sure hope not. Its almost been 1 year!!!!! This waitlist puts a halt to my next move. When I interviewed in february 2/26, there was a 2nd interview on 3/18. We found out if we got in or not on 3/15 which means if there is a 2nd interview, then they would already be notified before the first interview found out if they got in or not. Idk man im trying to use logic.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone hear anything? one of my friends who interviewed with us in Austin got straight up rejected today.
did he apply for this cohort or was he from fall and then interviewed with us because his app got moved? that sucks...usually they don't send out rejections first 🙁
 
I tried calling the campus to see if decisions would come out today but no one answered. Hoping they do, but from what I've seen they've never gotten back in 2 weeks. It's always been 3 weeks or more...so much more nervous now 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so sorry to hear about all this bad news...if you don't mind me asking, are these all e-mails or from the portal?
 
It was for Austin. I'm a little more confused than anything else. Anywho. My stats: GPA 3.5, pGPA 3.7, GRE 305, 1,200 hours observation in different settings. When life gives you lemons, add 2 parts tequila and refocus. 😉

Wow you're a rockstar!! well that makes me extra nervous then (for San Marcos).
Probably won't hear from them until Monday or next Friday -_-


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
It was for Austin. I'm a little more confused than anything else. Anywho. My stats: GPA 3.5, pGPA 3.7, GRE 305, 1,200 hours observation in different settings. When life gives you lemons, add 2 parts tequila and refocus. 😉
I feel the same way....GPA 3.7, pGPA 3.5, GRE 307, 800 hours.
I'm really giving up hope here. I've been rejected from 9 schools
 
I feel the same way....GPA 3.7, pGPA 3.5, GRE 307, 800 hours.
I'm really giving up hope here. I've been rejected from 9 schools
Don't give up hope. I have been rejected from 20 schools over the last two years of applying and I refuse to give up. Waiting though is tough but you can do it.

Im still waiting to hear back from St. Augustine, really nervous.
 
That makes me really nervous to hear back from San Marcos. I am confused because they usually don't send rejections first! Maybe it was a mistake? You both have really good stats! & im assuming you felt you did good in the interview!
 
Yeah, and that's the confusing part. I wonder what the deciding factor was between getting an interview then being rejected. I've had a few job interviews since I graduated a few years ago so I'm comfortable with them. I also thought that acceptances were first, wait list and last rejections. Man. I was all excited to see an email this morning. Oh boy did that not work out.
 
Yeah, and that's the confusing part. I wonder what the deciding factor was between getting an interview then being rejected. I've had a few job interviews since I graduated a few years ago so I'm comfortable with them. I also thought that acceptances were first, wait list and last rejections. Man. I was all excited to see an email this morning. Oh boy did that not work out.
Same feeling here haha. But what are we going to do??
 
Yeah, and that's the confusing part. I wonder what the deciding factor was between getting an interview then being rejected. I've had a few job interviews since I graduated a few years ago so I'm comfortable with them. I also thought that acceptances were first, wait list and last rejections. Man. I was all excited to see an email this morning. Oh boy did that not work out.

Maybe they meant to send the accepted but chose the wrong template? There's no way you get rejected with those stats. Has to be a mistake


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Yeah I honestly don't think they sent you all the right email! I know when we first got emails for the interview they accidentally sent the wrong email and then sent a follow up email with corrections! Maybe that will be the case for you all!
 
idk if they'd get this wrong.. every now and then you hear about med school applicants with 4.0s getting denied.. so it's not too farfetched for me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or the austin campus? I wonder if the rest of Austin will hear back today if they've sent out some decisions...
I think believe so. Last time, everybody was finding out around the same time... Theres still time. I looked at my old email and my decision came at 5:38 pm
 
This thread is making me really nervous. Checked my email and I didn't get any rejection emails, so I'm cautiously hopeful.
 
Everyone still trying to wrap their brains around what method USA is using?
I'm not lol.

Jimmy Campos, the admissions specialist said that they're using a new system to rank the applicants.

if that's true, we can't compare anything from the acceptance of past cohorts.
 
I'm not lol.

Jimmy Campos, the admissions specialist said that they're using a new system to rank the applicants.

if that's true, we can't compare anything from the acceptance of past cohorts.
Yeah, that's true. Just that rejections have already started going out is making me that much more nervous.
 
I'm not lol.

Jimmy Campos, the admissions specialist said that they're using a new system to rank the applicants.

if that's true, we can't compare anything from the acceptance of past cohorts.
Did you speak to him recently?? Yea @seflores8 this is confusing that rejections were sent out first? But Im more confused about why everyone didnt get their decision on the same day...
 
Did you speak to him recently?? Yea @seflores8 this is confusing that rejections were sent out first? But Im more confused about why everyone didnt get their decision on the same day...
I had a conversation with him at the Austin interviews 2 weeks ago, and that's what he told me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two things:

1. I find it very odd that there's been no mention of a second interview at the Austin campus yet (and for San Marcos I believe?)...
2. There's a very small sample of us on here compared to the actual number of applicants. So if 4 people on here got rejected Friday, I'm assuming at least a few more did that we didn't hear about. So I'm wondering if ALL the rejections went out Friday and the rest are acceptances/wait list....that's wishful thinking but any one else thinking that way?
 
Two things:

1. I find it very odd that there's been no mention of a second interview at the Austin campus yet (and for San Marcos I believe?)...
2. There's a very small sample of us on here compared to the actual number of applicants. So if 4 people on here got rejected Friday, I'm assuming at least a few more did that we didn't hear about. So I'm wondering if ALL the rejections went out Friday and the rest are acceptances/wait list....that's wishful thinking but any one else thinking that way?
yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.

been saying that no news is good news for the last 3 days
 
Two things:

1. I find it very odd that there's been no mention of a second interview at the Austin campus yet (and for San Marcos I believe?)...
2. There's a very small sample of us on here compared to the actual number of applicants. So if 4 people on here got rejected Friday, I'm assuming at least a few more did that we didn't hear about. So I'm wondering if ALL the rejections went out Friday and the rest are acceptances/wait list....that's wishful thinking but any one else thinking that way?

I do believe that that is wishful thinking, but i have been thinking the same thing and it has been driving me nuts all weekend. I can't see a reason why they would choose to stagger the rejections. But again, none of us have any idea how they are doing it this year, so there is no way of knowing until final decisions are out.