You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of St. Augustine???
Started by NDH
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello everyone,
I am new to this and have found everyone's post to be very helpful in learning more information about USA. I just applied to the DPT - Summer Session (Florida) and I was just wondering if anybody knew about how many applications they receive for that class and how many of those applicants they interview?
If anybody has any idea I would greatly appreciate it if they would share that with me.
Thank you.
I am new to this and have found everyone's post to be very helpful in learning more information about USA. I just applied to the DPT - Summer Session (Florida) and I was just wondering if anybody knew about how many applications they receive for that class and how many of those applicants they interview?
If anybody has any idea I would greatly appreciate it if they would share that with me.
Thank you.
Hey I just applied too! Do you know how long it takes to hear back about an interview? I sent my application in a couple of weeks ago (although the due-date is today) and I'm wondering when I should expect to hear back.
I know for the Fall session, they usually have around 1000 applicants total (DPT, OT, & Dual-degree), but I'm not sure about how many for the Summer session, although I know Summer is supposed to be the easiest session to get into.
I know for the Fall session, they usually have around 1000 applicants total (DPT, OT, & Dual-degree), but I'm not sure about how many for the Summer session, although I know Summer is supposed to be the easiest session to get into.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok thanks! They should have gotten mine about a week after yours, so hopefully I will hear back soon...I overnighted it on the 19th, so it should've gotten there by the 21st.
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? If you don't want to share, you don't have to, I'm just trying to gauge my chances.
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? If you don't want to share, you don't have to, I'm just trying to gauge my chances.
Stats:
Cumm GPA: 2.96
Pre Req GPA: 3.45
GRE: V-390 M-620 AW-4.0
PT observation hours: 185
Hi, I've applied as well for the summer term and wanted to know if you had all your pre-reqs finished already. Mine are all done (technically), but I am retaking A&P-I for spring 2012 and wanted to know if that would cause any type of delays.
also tell me what you think of my stats:
Overall GPA: 2.82
pre-reg GPA: 3.48...
last 69 credits GPA: 3.8...
GRE: V-500, Q-550, A-4.0
Observation/Volunteering: 123.5 hours
Last edited:
Hi Shyster...I have completed all the pre-reqs. I am not sure whether or not retaking A&P-I would cause any delays, but keep in mind the program begins 5/2/12. So, if you are accepted then.....you obviously would not have to retake that course.
As far as your stats, they look similar to mine. I would assume you are competitive based on stats alone. I guess it comes down to the other parts of the application, such as, LORs, autobiography, and your personal statement.
As far as your stats, they look similar to mine. I would assume you are competitive based on stats alone. I guess it comes down to the other parts of the application, such as, LORs, autobiography, and your personal statement.
Hi, I've applied as well for the summer term and wanted to know if you had all your pre-reqs finished already. Mine are all done (technically), but I am retaking A&P-I for spring 2012 and wanted to know if that would cause any type of delays.
also tell me what you think of my stats:
Overall GPA: 2.82
pre-reg GPA: 3.48...
last 69 credits GPA: 3.8...
GRE: V-500, Q-550, A-4.0
Observation/Volunteering: 123.5 hours
I don't think that the repeat on a prereq would matter much because there are probably a lot of people who are still taking their prereqs if they're still in college. I am currently taking my 3rd psych class & have medical terminology next semester, so you're not alone in that.
I just got my call today too!! Got into the DUAL in San Marcos 2012 =)
what was your stats? and how are you liking the program?
Hey everyone,
I am currently a first term DPT student at USA, San Diego. While I went through the interview/acceptance/starting classes/buying books/where to live ect... I had a lot of questions and wasn't sure who to ask. So if any of you have questions about USA san diego feel free to ask this way. I don't come on this site often, so PM would probably be better. Good luck or congratulations to all!
I am currently a first term DPT student at USA, San Diego. While I went through the interview/acceptance/starting classes/buying books/where to live ect... I had a lot of questions and wasn't sure who to ask. So if any of you have questions about USA san diego feel free to ask this way. I don't come on this site often, so PM would probably be better. Good luck or congratulations to all!
Sitting in my cubicle whilst staring endlessly at the secondhand on my clock ticking by, I decided to give good ol' St. Augustine a ring. I wanted to see if my application was complete and then they dropped the bomb that I was invited for an interview 🙂 Cannot wait.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow that was exciting wasn't it. When did you mail your application? I would like to get an idea when they'll let me know so I can stop starring at my clock 🙂 Congrats by the way!Sitting in my cubicle whilst staring endlessly at the secondhand on my clock ticking by, I decided to give good ol' St. Augustine a ring. I wanted to see if my application was complete and then they dropped the bomb that I was invited for an interview 🙂 Cannot wait.
Wow that was exciting wasn't it. When did you mail your application? I would like to get an idea when they'll let me know so I can stop starring at my clock 🙂 Congrats by the way!
I mailed in my application, without the autobiography, the middle of September. But, I just turned in the autobio essay a week or so ago. Give em a call, couldn't hurt 🙂
Good luck and hopefully we'll both get in! 👍
I called them today about my application they received on September 19 and the response was that they were a couple of weeks behind on applications, but as soon they get to it they'll let me know through e-mail if anything else is needed. TYPICAL BUREAUCRATIC ANSWER.
Is anyone else having any luck?
Is anyone else having any luck?
Hey everyone,
I am currently a first term DPT student at USA, San Diego. While I went through the interview/acceptance/starting classes/buying books/where to live ect... I had a lot of questions and wasn't sure who to ask. So if any of you have questions about USA san diego feel free to ask this way. I don't come on this site often, so PM would probably be better. Good luck or congratulations to all!
HI! I would love to ask you some questions... how can I PM you? im new to this kind of a site too not sure how to use it! thank you!
Sitting in my cubicle whilst staring endlessly at the secondhand on my clock ticking by, I decided to give good ol' St. Augustine a ring. I wanted to see if my application was complete and then they dropped the bomb that I was invited for an interview 🙂 Cannot wait.
thats exciting!! when did you apply and stats if you dont mind? Im thinking about the dual program right now!
thats exciting!! when did you apply and stats if you dont mind? Im thinking about the dual program right now!
Gpa:3.49
Prerequisite: 3.5
GRE: 610 V 660 1270 cumulative Q 4 AW
Observation: 86
Good luck!

Just got my email today!! I got an interview at 9:00 on Dec. 2nd!! Can't wait!!!
They sent me an email on Monday saying that they had finished processing my application before they sent me one saying that I had an interview, so everyone else can probably expect the same.
With the interview confirmation email, they also sent an attachment with info about the process & places to stay, etc.
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting! My app was received on Sept. 21st, so if yours is around that time, you shouldn't have to wait long!
They sent me an email on Monday saying that they had finished processing my application before they sent me one saying that I had an interview, so everyone else can probably expect the same.
With the interview confirmation email, they also sent an attachment with info about the process & places to stay, etc.
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting! My app was received on Sept. 21st, so if yours is around that time, you shouldn't have to wait long!
Just got my email today!! I got an interview at 9:00 on Dec. 2nd!! Can't wait!!!
They sent me an email on Monday saying that they had finished processing my application before they sent me one saying that I had an interview, so everyone else can probably expect the same.
With the interview confirmation email, they also sent an attachment with info about the process & places to stay, etc.
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting! My app was received on Sept. 21st, so if yours is around that time, you shouldn't have to wait long!
👍👍👍 Congrats! See you on the second!
No.. I am still waiting to hear. I called earlier this past week and they said my application had been received and is still processing and emails confirming everything is in and interviews will continue to go out this next week or 2. She mentioned they are running a little behind on everything.
Just give them a call - easy and very helpful on the phone!
Hoping for the best!
(PS - maybe we should start a new thread for us Summer 2012 applicants?)
Just give them a call - easy and very helpful on the phone!
Hoping for the best!
(PS - maybe we should start a new thread for us Summer 2012 applicants?)
No.. I am still waiting to hear. I called earlier this past week and they said my application had been received and is still processing and emails confirming everything is in and interviews will continue to go out this next week or 2. She mentioned they are running a little behind on everything.
Just give them a call - easy and very helpful on the phone!
Hoping for the best!
(PS - maybe we should start a new thread for us Summer 2012 applicants?)
Nice to know that I'm not alone... Yes, we should start a new thread for 2012 Summer applicants, but I'd probably be interested in that once all email and letters have been sent out; that way it'll be a clearer picture as to who might be attending or not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got the confirmation email this morning as well for dec 2nd at 10 am for the San Marcos campus. Stoked!
Just got my email today!! I got an interview at 9:00 on Dec. 2nd!! Can't wait!!!
They sent me an email on Monday saying that they had finished processing my application before they sent me one saying that I had an interview, so everyone else can probably expect the same.
With the interview confirmation email, they also sent an attachment with info about the process & places to stay, etc.
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting! My app was received on Sept. 21st, so if yours is around that time, you shouldn't have to wait long!
is your interview for DPT?
I just got an email stating I should take the new GRE and reply within a week to let them know what date I plan on taking it.
I can't tell if that is a general message to all applicants or just me....
well, how long ago did you take the GRE and did you score either above or close to 1000?
is your interview for DPT?
Yes! Are you applying for DPT?
I asked and he said it was a message to applicants that needed to send improved GRE scores before being offered an interview.
I took it in July and scored in the low 900s... retaking it in 2 weeks.
I would study hard to try to get it above 1000 because it sounds like they're still really interested in you and the only thing holding you back is your GRE score.
If you get rejected for an interview.. Do you know if it through email or home mailing? ...
As I understand it rejections are handled through regular postal mail service.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How is everyone planning on paying the 125k+ for tuition?
I'll have to do a load of loans. Since the grad plus loan doesn't exist anymore, I'll prob have to shop around for bank loans and settle with whatever ridiculous rates they offer. That's if I get in to the program lol
..thanks shyster... still waiting... I'm getting nervous.... I did not get any notice yet =(..
when did you apply to the DPT program?
I applied during the mid of Sept.... everyone seems to be getting an invitation to an interview... maybe I just didn't get one? .. Do you know if they are still giving them out this week?
i'd give them a call and see what the status is- they are really helpful!

